Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon.co.uk - About A Boy GBP 7.93. If you like this film - a worthwhile upgrade. I checked my copy which arrived today and the PQ is extremely good :) DTS HDMA soundtrack by Badly Drawn Boy.

Amazon US have a few bargains at the minute :) most are the usual suspects but some may not have them or want them :D

Die Hard Quad $20.49

And probably my number 1 movie of all time Boyz N The Hood for $13.99 ,most Sony titles are region free yeah???

Austin Powers Trilogy $17.99

Let Me In $13.99

Due Date $14.99

Taxi Driver $12.99

How To Train Your Dragon BD + DVD $12.99

montstros1ty;150231 wrote:
Just splashed out on 40 blu rays from Amazon UK - the free shipping ends soon, anyone know if this is going to be extended or not?

40 BLU-RAYS!!!!!!!! Wow...that must be an Audioenz record. I ordered a massive 6 titles last week :) Not sure if they are extending it but im sure they have had massive sales from down under.

I bought the godfather box set and all living earth series for $43 delivered I thought that was cheap
I bought the godfather box set and all living earth series for $43 delivered from amazon I thought that was cheap

But why did you buy it twice :P

The warehouse have 25 percent off bluray and DVD over $10. Ends tuesday.

I went there over the weekend and saw they had RED on Blu-ray for $72.99. I took it to the counter as I thought this had to be a mistake. They said that was the correct price, but that it was on special for the weekend at $42.99 (and not eligible for 25% off).

I thought they were kidding, but I went to another branch the next day and got the same story. The guy at the counter said people had been asking him the same thing all weekend. Funnily enough, there were a lot of copies available...

40 !

List the titles, I dare ya !

:D

Adam;

I was in my local Te Warehouse this morning and also saw the RED BD and it's unbelievable pricing.

Roadshow release ?

This will eventually end up in the discount bins just like Universal's $79.99 Studio Canal Collection.

Just had a peek over at Mighty Ape, who have it listed as $50rrp and special order.

Because all the copies were shipped to Warehouse stores ?

:P

It's an Icon Film Distribution release, and they've been pretty good with their pricing on the whole. I'm guessing someone just screwed up when they loaded it into the Warehouse system; or perhaps it was an experiment to see how their 25% sales impact a new release? Either way it's annoying as I found it quite an entertaining movie, but not enough to pay north of $40!

Picked up the Special Edition blu-ray of Payback - the one that has both the theatrical and director's cut - for $8.83 at BigW. It's the director's cut that I was after, but I'll probably watch the other one again to compare.

They're quite different!!

hello,

would any no if the JB's prices are the same on line as they are in store.

They are not .... the prices often vary from store to store (let alone online - which they explicitly exclude)

They're quite different!!

I've read that the Porter character in the director's cut of Payback is much closer to Donald E. Westlake's version in the original story, with none of the annoying smirks and shrugs that Gibson had in the theatrical cut in order to make him more likeable. Now, if they could only make a film where he's actually called Parker (as in the original story), and not Walker (Point Blank) or Porter (Payback) or whatever Robert Duvall was called in The Outfit ...

Michael Wong;150245 wrote:
40 !

List the titles, I dare ya !

Haha here goes - did them in 5 orders as it makes them a bit easier to carry when they're delivered at work...

Amazon UK:

Anvil - The Story of Anvil [blu-ray]

Wanted [blu-ray][Region Free]

Crank 2 [blu-ray]

Chaos [blu-ray]

Hell Ride [blu-ray][Region Free]

Smokin' Aces 2 - Assassin's Ball [blu-ray][Region Free]

Smokin' Aces [blu-ray][Region Free]

Serenity [blu-ray][Region Free]

The Condemned [blu-ray]

Young Guns [blu-ray]

The Bank Job [blu-ray]

Thick As Thieves [blu-ray]

Death Race [blu-ray][Region Free]

The Spirit [blu-ray]

Damage [blu-ray] [2009]

Outlander [blu-ray] [2009]

12 Rounds [blu-ray]

This Is Spinal Tap - 25th Anniversary Edition [blu-ray]

Backdraft [blu-ray]

The Stranger [blu-ray] [2010]

In The Name Of The King [blu-ray]

You Don't Mess with the Zohan [blu-ray] [2008][Region Free]

Aeon Flux [blu-ray]

Quick and the Dead, the [blu-ray][Region Free]

Blade Runner: The Final Cut [blu-ray][Region Free]

Click [blu-ray]

Deathproof [blu-ray]

Planet Terror [blu-ray]

Hot Fuzz [blu-ray][Region Free]

Zombieland [blu-ray][Region Free]

Funny People [blu-ray][Region Free]

Liar Liar [blu-ray]

And from Amazon US: (picked out the region free titles - this has already been shipped, insanely quick service!)

Spaceballs (Blu-ray + DVD Combo)

Under Siege 2: Dark Territory [blu-ray]

Replicant [blu-ray]

Kickboxer [blu-ray]

DOA: Dead or Alive [blu-ray]

Uncle Buck [blu-ray]

Mortal Kombat [blu-ray]

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation [blu-ray]

More or less picking out the average/cheap titles now :)