Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen it in sanity and JB for $35 - $40, it's bare bones (NO special features) so a definite no buy for me... I'd rather cross my fingers and wait for the UK release... or if you want it now get the US release, it's currently 15.50 USD: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Red-Hill-Blu-ray/17850/#Review

Thanks, I ended up going the Amazon Uk preorder its a good price and I can wait, just hope the audio will be up to scratch

I thought I'd missed out, so I ordered the same box from Amazon US a couple of months ago as a Gold Box Special for $35, to match my Wizard of Oz box. Very nice, well worth purchasing.

For those who couldn't be bothered about the fancy box and other bells-and-whsitles i.e. those who watch the movie instead of keeping the box on the shelf, JB is selling the normal BD of "The Sound of Music" for $19.98.

Also spotted "The Incredibles" single-disc BD for $19.98 in-store. Their catalogue says $26.98.

Just got back from Big W sale. Nothing much there that cought my interest. So I just picked up a bunch of the $8.83 titles.

Here is a complete list of all the $8.83 blu-ray titles available. You'll have to check online to see which titles are available in you local store as mine didn't have many left and had to go searching for them. Works out at $5.88 each during the buy 3 get cheapest 1 free sale, which ends on saturday.

Big W $8.83 blu-ray titles

• Lies and Illusions - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Purple Rain - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Payback - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Gigi - Blu-Ray Disc
  • An American In Paris - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Quo Vadis - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Cool Hand Luke (Deluxe Edition) - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Jail House Rock - Blu-Ray
  • Viva Las Vegas - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Point Of No Return (The Assassins) - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Contact - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Ninja - Blu-Ray Disc
  • The Maiden Heist - Blu-Ray Disc
  • War Inc - Blu-Ray Disc
  • The Gift - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Streets of Blood - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Coffin Rock - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Tango & Cash - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Risky Business - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Gods and Generals - Blu-Ray Disc
  • The Cowboys - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Postman - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Grumpy Old Men - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Battle Of The Bulge - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Twilight Zone: The Movie - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Dead Calm - Blu-Ray Disc
  • Tim Burton'S Corpse Bride - Blu-Ray Disc ($7.72)

Edited by g12345567

Has anyone seen Red Hill available locally if so for what price? I think it was supposed to be out this week. Amazon UK have it up for cheap pre-order approx A$13.82 but its not available till from there till June.

got a JB catalogue today $35...........

I just ordered the Eureka version of M http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/M-Blu-ray/7907/#Review from amazon UK $A14 with super saver delivery

Its also available from Eureka for £12.99 delivered they have some other specials if anyones interested http://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/offers/BD.html

Nice buy, Haven't seen this yet... been meaning to

Was it a bargain?

This is not the local BR release thread you know...

Let us know the cost of it...

You should know it is less than USD 10 now and even with shipping, will be less than S$25.

The T2 is the steelbook Japanese version. It is selling for $39.90, and yes, it is definitely a bargain for a Jap steelbook.

We'll see if we can get you 20% off the room........... :rolleyes:

Hmmm .... let me guess, it will be "a room with a view" (for webcasting) .... at ADFA?

The only bargains i can think of the are pretty good are

Spidy Trilogy $19.98 at JB

Bourne Trilogy $40 at Big W but part of B2G1F

Back To The Future Trilogy $50 at Big W but part of B2G1F

all the above have been mentioned though and most would already have them :( not much around at the moment.

I grabbed Bambi and Fanstasia from Big W's deal as they were the cheapest around anyway at $29 and part of the B2G1F deal.

Hmm dollar over 105 us cents i can feel another Amazon order coming on :)

Cheers Ryan

Edited by Ryan