Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

By my calculations it should be about $28.40 with VAT removed and $33.70 with VAT still included. I suppose $17 each is still cheap, and maybe I have been spoilt buy Amazon's earlier price that worked out to about $12 each.

Yep they dont remove VAT, but i still consider $33 for the two movies a good deal IMO. Actually if you want a single movie like say the Hurt Locker, they are better value as there shipping is only 1GBP

Perhaps Tony could add/edit his excellent shipping page to show who does and who does not remove VAT

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refund of the difference has been authorised! Have also noticed the price has increased back to 16.99. Two for one still on! Still a good price when you consider these can be purchased here for $30 each!

Good luck to others who have also requested.

An even better deal for Kiwis as the RRP here is $49.99!

JB will probably have them at $39.99 when they are released next month.

Now that Amazon have put their prices back up and don't seem like getting TS1 & 2 any time soon I decided to order them from dvd.uk. I got all the way to the final step and noticed that they did not remove VAT which in fact makes them a bit more expensive and so I decided not to go ahead with it.

Can anyone who has bought from dvd.uk tell me if in fact they do remove VAT despite what shows up on the purchase screen?

By my calculations it should be about $28.40 with VAT removed and $33.70 with VAT still included. I suppose $17 each is still cheap, and maybe I have been spoilt buy Amazon's earlier price that worked out to about $12 each.

As mentioned earlier, DVD.co.uk do not remove VAT, but their shipping prices are significantly lower, so if you're just ordering TS1 & 2, it'll be pretty much the same price if you order from either:

DVD.co.uk - 17.99 (TS1) + 0 (TS2) + 2 (Shipping) = 19.99

Amazon.co.uk - 16.99 (TS1) + 0 (TS2) - VAT (2.53) = 14.46 + 2.09 (Per Delivery Charge) + (2 x 1.59) (Item Delivery Charge) = 19.72

has anyones toy story's shipped from dvd.co.uk yet?

I had them on order, they were sitting on backorder for about a week until i cancelled and got them from Amazon.

I emailed them because their website said they were in stock, but my order was backordered, they said that they were waitng on stock to come, doesnt seem like their website is very up todate, was the first time i dealt with them.

Yep they dont remove VAT, but i still consider $33 for the two movies a good deal IMO. Actually if you want a single movie like say the Hurt Locker, they are better value as there shipping is only 1GBP

Perhaps Tony could add/edit his excellent shipping page to show who does and who does not remove VAT

WILL DO - but there is basically only one UK store that removes VAT for shipments outside the UK, and that is Amazon

( * Granted also - that they changed their 'rules' with the IndigoStarfishcrap - having to 'explain' that to members was becoming a pain in the ####. All Amazon DVDs/Blu-rays are now VAT free to Aussies and Kiwis)

EDIT - updated VAT removal status for UK stores / Add pound symbol '£' for easier reading / Edited DVDPacific status and details

Edited by tonyjg

by the way.... just in case there aren't that many overseas bargains ..................

there are 8 months and 2 days to the next US Black Friday 26 November Sales - or 247 days !! enough time to start saving :)

WILL DO - but there is basically only one UK store that removes VAT for shipments outside the UK, and that is Amazon

( * Granted also - that they changed their 'rules' with the IndigoStarfishcrap - having to 'explain' that to members was becoming a pain in the ####. All Amazon DVDs/Blu-rays are now VAT free to Aussies and Kiwis)

EDIT - updated VAT removal status for UK stores / Add pound symbol '£' for easier reading / Edited DVDPacific status and details

Thanks Tony excellent sticky that one, well done. ........... even if you do come from the home of the NSW cane toads :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry mate couldn't resist.

butlerboy;119265 wrote:
the warehouse has a selection of blu-rays for $10. i just picked up 'star trek the motion picture'.

are they going to have a $10 bin like DVD's

please ! :D

what other titles were they selling at that price?

amazon US has these 2 for $35 USD, pity we aren't in the US, its an extra $10 off each one!

it if comes down to 30 for both i'll prolly get them and get rid of my UK release ones

I think i read somewhere that the UK release are 25 gig discs? is this true?

amazon US has these 2 for $35 USD, pity we aren't in the US, its an extra $10 off each one!

it if comes down to 30 for both i'll prolly get them and get rid of my UK release ones

I think i read somewhere that the UK release are 25 gig discs? is this true?

I got $10 off my purchase Brake, shipped on Monday.

Griffy;119273 wrote:

please !
:D

Woohoo. Probably by the time I get there it will be all cleaned out (D'oh).

Separately has anyone seen any pricing for Avatar? JB has a pre-order special $34.98 with an exclusive book.

Griffy;119273 wrote:

please !
:D

the ones i can remember:

star trek 1 & 5

bee movie

blades of glory

days of thunder

shrek 3

iron man/hulk 2 pack

theres a full list in one of the latest catalogues

My order, at the higher price, shipped overnight.

I've requested a refund of the difference.

Technically they can wriggle out of it.

I'll see what happens.

I'm in the same boat and today I have this email from Amazon

Dear Customer

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk

I recognise you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.  

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change was significant and you just received this item from us. Under the circumstances, I'll issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of 2.46 GBP. Refunds usually go through within 2 to 3 business days and you will see this amount credited on your next statement.

On the date the refund is completed, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, amount and payment details. You can see completed refunds when you visit Your Account, after receiving this confirmation e-mail.

I'm in the same boat and today I have this email from Amazon

really you cant knock amazon uk for their customer service! I've recently discovered buying books from them. They are about the 3rd of the cost of what they are here! Ordered Monday received Thursday! How do they do it??? Great prices, services, delivery times!

really you cant knock amazon uk for their customer service! I've recently discovered buying books from them. They are about the 3rd of the cost of what they are here! Ordered Monday received Thursday! How do they do it??? Great prices, services, delivery times!

Absolutely agree, but, actually for books, they may not be the cheapest option - try www.booko.com.au - they're a comparison site that checks the total price to get books delivered to Aus, comparing local online stores with US and UK stores, including postage costs.

Absolutely agree, but, actually for books, they may not be the cheapest option - try www.booko.com.au - they're a comparison site that checks the total price to get books delivered to Aus, comparing local online stores with US and UK stores, including postage costs.

wow thats a great site thanks