Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

Amazon.co.uk also have the Disney Buy 1 Get 1 Free promotion

List of titles

Thanks, I have cancelled my TS1 & TS2 order with dvd.co.uk and reordered with amazon.uk

Total for this order: £19.73

Delivery estimate: 6 April 2010 - 12 April 2010

Dispatch estimate for these items: 23 Mar 2010

1 "Toy Story Combi Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) [1995]"

Tom Hanks; Blu-ray; £14.46

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

1 "Toy Story 2 Combi Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) [1999]"

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I have cancelled my TS1 & TS2 order with dvd.co.uk and reordered with amazon.uk

Total for this order: £19.73

Delivery estimate: 6 April 2010 - 12 April 2010

Dispatch estimate for these items: 23 Mar 2010

1 "Toy Story Combi Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) [1995]"

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

1 "Toy Story 2 Combi Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) [1999]"

same.... My order has been in "pending" for four days with dvd.uk...I have never used these guys before.. Have always found amazon uk to be awesome!

same.... My order has been in "pending" for four days with dvd.uk...I have never used these guys before.. Have always found amazon uk to be awesome!

Only ordered mine 25 mins. ago and order status has already change to :

Delivery #1: Dispatching Soon We are preparing these items for dispatch and this part of your order cannot be cancelled or changed

Definitely a lot better than dvd.co.uk , 3 days pending and then changed to back order for the last 4 days.

Edited by robatwagga

List of titles

It's not really 2 for 1 on the older titles, because they dramatically increased the price on most of them for this sale :(

Wall-E went from £10.49 to £18.99 for instance.

Edited by rakkie

Only ordered mine 25 mins. ago and order status has already change to :

Delivery #1: Dispatching Soon We are preparing these items for dispatch and this part of your order cannot be cancelled or changed

Definitely a lot better than dvd.co.uk , 3 days pending and then changed to back order for the last 4 days.

+1 I use amazon.uk all the time, but when there's an offer like dvd.uk had I will try a new company - but never going back to dvd.uk tho, they were appauling...

List of titles

Thanks for this info TechnoMage. I have had mine on order from amazon.com for quite some time. They would end up costing around AU$46 landed and take around 3 weeks to arrive! The amazon.uk deal will land them in less than 2 weeks for around AU$33. It's a no brainer :D

Please note that the price of The Wizard of Oz (Three-Disc Emerald Edition) [blu-ray] has decreased from $34.99 to $16.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

16.99 for the 3 disc emerald edition is a good deal!

Yes this is a great deal. Sold!

Edited by pbouzaid

Just ordered Avatar and Saving Private Ryan off Amazon UK

$25 AUD each delivered. Not bad.

I just ordered Avatar too! Will cancel my Ezy DVD order as a $10+ saving is too much to ignore!

SPR is in my basket, but I have not included it, as each time I do, the shipment date moves forward to it's release date!

How did your order pan out? Amazon uk rarely seem to split orders into separate shipments :(

have you guys read any reviews on the Toy stories at all yet? i noticed that blu-ray.com doesnt have a review up for them yet which i found very weird....

Or are you guys just gonna blind buy them and hope for the best? I mean there probably won't be but UK tend to cut alot of stuff out of there BD's and what if the US/AUS releases have better/more extras and special features?

have you guys read any reviews on the Toy stories at all yet? i noticed that blu-ray.com doesnt have a review up for them yet which i found very weird....

Or are you guys just gonna blind buy them and hope for the best? I mean there probably won't be but UK tend to cut alot of stuff out of there BD's and what if the US/AUS releases have better/more extras and special features?

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews17..._dvd_review.htm says (& shows) it all.

Looks like a stunner, with a soundtrack to match.

Just check this out. I'm not sure if i'm watching props or drawings. Reminds me of Coraline (been a while, but I can't remember if this one was animated or not now that I think about it).

Edited by Ralfi

Just ordered Avatar and Saving Private Ryan off Amazon UK

$25 AUD each delivered. Not bad.

Am thinking of pre ordering Avatar - $25AUD delivered! Wonder how cheap this is going to sell in our local stores... I have today taken advantage of the two for one offer on the disney blurays through amazon just wondering:

1. Can I cancel the pre order (Avatar) at any time?

2. As I have a current order (Toy Story 1 and 2) is delivery held back until Avatar is available, then all of them sent?

Also noticed the BBC Planet Earth Bluray set has dropped in price too. This is an awesome set for anyone interested in documentarys.

Am thinking of pre ordering Avatar - $25AUD delivered! Wonder how cheap this is going to sell in our local stores... I have today taken advantage of the two for one offer on the disney blurays through amazon just wondering:

1. Can I cancel the pre order (Avatar) at any time?

2. As I have a current order (Toy Story 1 and 2) is delivery held back until Avatar is available, then all of them sent?

Also noticed the BBC Planet Earth Bluray set has dropped in price too. This is an awesome set for anyone interested in documentarys.

If you ordered TS1/2 separately from Avatar, then they will be delivered independently when released.

If you ordered the 3 together, it is the discretion of amazon that will determine whether they are shipped when available - together or not. Worst case scenario is that they are held back until the Avatar release.

The shipping is so reasonable, I usually order titles separately to avoid delays.

You can cancel any item that is marked as "not yet dispatched" at any time. :)

Edited by 709er

The Toy Story reviews have been up at blu-ray.com for at least a day.

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

Please note that the price of The Wizard of Oz (Three-Disc Emerald Edition) [blu-ray] has decreased from $34.99 to $16.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

16.99 for the 3 disc emerald edition is a good deal!

can anyone advise is this version region free?