Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have some good buys at Tower, for those of you who dare, and want stuff not out here, like:

Miami Vice DC 14.99

Bad Santa EC/DC 14.99

Dogma 14.99

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 14.99

With the exchange rates that works out around $30 still

7.99 for Devils Rejects, Punisher

15.99 for Iron Man, Transformers.

Edited by napalm68

They have some good buys at Tower, for those of you who dare, and want stuff not out here, like:

With the exchange rates that works out around $30 still

7.99 for Devils Rejects, Punisher

15.99 for Iron Man, Transformers.

Does it change the prices to AUD on the site? It's showing $32.98 for Iron Man and $31.35 for Transformers... I tried tower.com and tower.co.uk redirected to the .com address.

Does it change the prices to AUD on the site? It's showing $32.98 for Iron Man and $31.35 for Transformers... I tried tower.com and tower.co.uk redirected to the .com address.

looks like the prices for IRON MAN have gone back up (it had been on sale at Amazon and a few other B&M stores like Frys for around the $U16 mark).

NOTE - you'll need to add $U4.99 per ITEM for shipping (at the cheapest rate)... thats....almost $A7.50 based on the rate between the US $ and our backwater peso. :wacko::blink:

FWIW I bought a few items from tower.com recently and was pretty happy with the service. The prices are often on-par with or even better than amazon. Make sure you compare before buying though.

Shipping wise, there is a per-item shipping charge which is equivalent (or cheaper than) amazon's per-item charge. There is, however, no per-order charge.

Even if you place a bulk order all items ship individually, and in my experience they take spot-on two weeks to arrive.

All in all a good alternative to amazon.com if it's something you have to get from the U.S. Some of the Criterion blu-rays have been at particularly good prices.

I no longer order from Tower.com: had too many issues with items going missing and very slow customer service response. Currently still have not received a DVD I ordered in November 2008: Tower sporadically responded to emails but haven't actioned either a refund or replacement. Looks like a charge-back will be the only solution, but that takes ages and is biased in favour of the retailer.

So, no matter how good the Tower.com deal, I'm ignoring them now.

I no longer order from Tower.com: had too many issues with items going missing and very slow customer service response. Currently still have not received a DVD I ordered in November 2008: Tower sporadically responded to emails but haven't actioned either a refund or replacement. Looks like a charge-back will be the only solution, but that takes ages and is biased in favour of the retailer.

So, no matter how good the Tower.com deal, I'm ignoring them now.

To add to the above, I believe Tower have been learning off Amazon.ca. It took 5 weeks for a blu-ray to come last time I ordered.

Following a heads-up as to its UK availability (in proper packaging!) from a DTVforum member, I ordered Baraka from The Hut:

http://www.thehut.com/hut/9992907.product

With their modest international shipping charge it landed for $29.70, which I'd call a bargain. Shipped next day and took exactly a week to get here.

And the disc is stunning - absolute demonstration material for BD.

I know the movie's not for everyone's tastes, but if you like it or like this sort of thing, don't hesitate. I'd be very surprised if it got a a local release any time soon (and if it did it'd be $40 anyway :) )

DSE have a lot of BD titles on clearance at present at $24.98 - some reasonable ones included (but some may be early releases sans HD Audio track perhaps)... If you are signed up for DSE VIP club you may well get your extra 5% (i.e. $1.25) or whatever off that price too...