Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

The scenes where the father is protecting his son from the horrors of the war are very touching. Do you remember the part where the soldiers are marching him off and the poor son is looking on thinking that it's all part of the "game"? Until the very end, the father didn't want his son to realize what was actually going on...  :'(

Roberto Benigni really made a great movie with this one.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal/catal...w=two&jump=

toy story trilogy $34.63

it might be real, it might be misprint, just don't get pissy if it isn't there on thursday :D

(or just can print it out just in case)

good pickup considering 3 is $28.82

don't really want it, but at that price, i guess i got to go buy it :ninja:

Edited by ninjaduck

http://catalogues.bigw.com.au/portal/catal...w=two&jump=

toy story trilogy $34.63

it might be real, it might be misprint, just don't get pissy if it isn't there on thursday :D

(or just can print it out just in case)

Just been at my local shops (Whitford WA), and Big W had the DVD set of 3 on show, but no Blu Ray set as yet. I asked and got the usual answer (sorry, we don't sell them. Without looking of course), so I suspect they may hit the shelves today sometime.

JB had them but marked at just under $50, so maybe JB had not put the right stickers on.

Woody

Just been at my local shops (Whitford WA), and Big W had the DVD set of 3 on show, but no Blu Ray set as yet. I asked and got the usual answer (sorry, we don't sell them. Without looking of course), so I suspect they may hit the shelves today sometime.

JB had them but marked at just under $50, so maybe JB had not put the right stickers on.

Woody

Its a misprint, it was suppose to show the DVD set, called Head Office. JB has the exclusive on the Blu-Ray set so they wont be available from Big W

Woody

Was just in there myself. Yes its DVD only, was a heap of 1-3 DVD packs near the entrance.

On the plus side, have you noticed that they have now put all the blurays in alphabetical order!!!! Spine out just like in jb as well. not only that they have letter indicators so you know exactly where to look. Just makes shopping that much easier

:)

Instinct;139604 wrote:
just picked up three more from the Warehouse today.

Toy Story 3 (2 Blu Rays & DVD Pack) $29.24 (38.99 before discount)

JB's had the Toy Story blu-ray 3-Pack out as of yesterday and I think was going to be a similar price (i.e. around $35-$40 for 3 movies).

ToPGuNZ;139627 wrote:
The Blu Ray Toy Story 3-pack is $69.98 at JB (just had a look).

Ah okay - there was a thing in the paper that implied it was gonna be super cheap same as couple of other recent/current specials - and the weekly mailer last 2 weeks had it marked as exclusive at hot price once released, etc... (I had intended to pop in yesterday to check the price but didn't get time - that's assumptions for you!)

butlerboy;139634 wrote:

or another idea...

Get Toy Story 1 & 2 at the Warehouse for $29.99each (22.49 after discount)

and get the Toy Story 3 with Extra 'Making of' Blu Ray and DVD for 29.24 (After discount) = $74.22 - A little more than JB Hifi, but you get the extra disc and a DVD (Which I can let me daughter have).

Btw, this has a 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio sound track :-)

so who else was at big w early this morn, just in case? :rolleyes:

I was too :huh:

Oh I already said that didn't I? ;)

Thanks for the sharp return there mcduck. But it was worth shooting in early, incase there had been a slim chance of getting a 3 disc set at that price.

Love the way that Disney allow market forces to get pricing right, by giving sole rights to JB to sell that set. Should see it drop in price soon then eh :lol:

As for Big W putting in alphabetical order, nice change, nice to be able to see the stock without having to move all the front ones to see what is behind, don't you think?

Who ever thought of such a brilliant idea?

Guess I will be putting in another bumper order to Amazon.co.uk looking at the picking lately.

Happy bargain hunting

Woody

and dont forget the fact that consumers wear the risk of interest rate rises in Aus unlike the USA and Europe were the Banks wear the risk and so you can get a loan for 20 years at whatever the going rate is at the time! If rates drop you just refinance and there are no multi-thousand dollar contract break costs like we get here for fixed rate home loans!

LMAO.. did you hear the one about deregulation ? They threw open the banking system and no one came. It seems that we don't have the population to make it pay (like they do in the USA, and where there are no banking guarantees..your bank goes broke stiff do do). All you whiners carry on because the banks make a profit.. and what do BHP, Coles & Woollies make.. oh right profit. Banks aren't altruistic businesses that hand out money for free, get over it. They have shareholders and infrastructure to run. You expect the banks to have branches and ATMs at your disposal.

When did you last whinge when the supermarkets rose the prices on your staple items (again and again)? You are just brainless puppets of the media. Bark doggies, when they tell you to!

I picked up Toy Story 3 last night on BD from Woolies but was annoyed to find out when I got home it's in a normal DVD case and not the shorter Blue BD case. :(

Weird, the one I got from Target is in a normal case ... are you sure it's BD? Mine was both BD & DVD for $25