Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon UK has re-stocked TS1 and TS2 but the price has been increased to £16.99, up from £12 or so a couple of days ago.  But still a bargain I suppose compared to the US$35.98 deal for both on Amazon.com.  I'll take the plunge.

I had them on order, they were sitting on backorder for about a week until i cancelled and got them from Amazon.

I emailed them because their website said they were in stock, but my order was backordered, they said that they were waitng on stock to come, doesnt seem like their website is very up todate, was the first time i dealt with them.

TS2 has shipped still no word on 1

a few Amazon UK specials to consider - all prices before VAT reduction

PUBLIC ENEMIES £7.99 - about $A13

THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS - £7.99 - about $13

THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE - SERIOUSLY ULTIMATE EDTION - £5.99 - about $A9.83

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - SET - £14.99 - about $25 for 3 films.

I'm in the same boat and today I have this email from Amazon

I received the same email.

Don't wish to seem ungrateful but I don't think that they've

refunded us enough money.

Original Price Less VAT = 14.46 pounds ea

Lower price Less VAT = 10.21 ea

Therefore the refund should have been 4.25 pounds

Given that they did not have to give you any refund, I think you have done well.

I ordered from Amazon once the price dropped to Pd12, and my four BDs are now being prepared for dispatch.

True - but then again if they are going to give a refund,

it should at least be the correct amount.

Not going to lose any sleep over it though.

try www.booko.com.au - they're a comparison site that checks the total price to get books delivered to Aus, comparing local online stores with US and UK stores, including postage costs.

Hopefully we're not going way OT. It certainly is an interesting site and will no doubt get some use. Just wanted to highlight it doesn't include cd-wow nor dvd.co.uk, which I've also found some good deals on books recently.

It is now possible to order Toy Story and Toy Story 2 BD from Amazon.uk. I have in fact now done this but somewhat annoyingly it appears I am unable to combine the order with the first one I did 3 days ago (which is not yet shipped - due 29 Mar). £19.73 is still a good price for them though.

Toy Story I and II are reported as in stock, maybe you guys can give it a shot.

How many of us got the deal?

Thanks for the heads-up, Pete!

Was really dui that I missed the first round of the B1G1F offer but thanks to your "tip-off" I managed to get my hands on TSI and TSII at a fairly good price. Pity that many of the other titles are Region B locked - good news for you folks with region-free modded players  ;)

Cheers,

Nick

P.S. TSI and TSII comes up to about £19 total with delivery (after discount and VAT rebate). At the current exchange rate of 2.1, that's roughly S$20 for each disc. Good luck finding that price even for the lowly DVD in local stores hehz

It is now possible to order Toy Story and Toy Story 2 BD from Amazon.uk. I have in fact now done this but somewhat annoyingly it appears I am unable to combine the order with the first one I did 3 days ago (which is not yet shipped - due 29 Mar). £19.73 is still a good price for them though.

Cheers for that, just ordered.

Yeah a bit of a shame the orders cant be combined. Im in the same boat as i ordered a load yesterday :(

Sometimes this happens to me. Send them an email explaining your problem and they will combine them manually.

Sometimes this happens to me. Send them an email explaining your problem and they will combine them manually.

Thanks,

I just sent one through. It should be ok considering toy story 1&2 wasn't available yesterday when i ordered

It is now possible to order Toy Story and Toy Story 2 BD from Amazon.uk.

Amazon UK is now reporting "Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 weeks" for TS1 and 2.

I ordered from TheHut lunchtime today and they are being packaged now, 4 hours later.

Amazon UK has re-stocked TS1 and TS1 but the price has been increased to £16.99, up from £12 or so a couple of days ago.  But still a bargain I suppose compared to the US$35.98 deal for both on Amazon.com.  I'll take the plunge.

Thanks. Another good news is that the exchange rate has recently gone down a little in our favor lately.

Cheers for that, just ordered.

Yeah a bit of a shame the orders cant be combined. Im in the same boat as i ordered a load yesterday :(

Already done as a matter of fact. I also asked them to match the earlier price. I am not holdong my breath on that but nothing ventured nothing game.

Already done as a matter of fact. I also asked them to match the earlier price. I am not holdong my breath on that but nothing ventured nothing game.

I requested a refund for the price drop from GBP16.99 to 12.00 and it was refunded within a day, though as was precviously posted, the difference was without the VAT removed. Must be more specific with amounts in the email as basically any reasonable request is complied with.

Amazon is still my merchant of choice. Cannot beat their customer service. :)

Edited by 709er