Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirty Harry order cancelled

"Yesterday you placed an order for the Dirty Harry Collection on Blu-ray. Our supplier relayed incorrect pricing information for this item which was reflected by the reduced price displayed on CD WOW! Our supplier has told us they are unable to honour this title at the reduced price, so unfortunately we have cancelled your order and are processing a refund today.

Let us assure you that we at CD WOW! take great care in making sure the prices reflected on the site are correct and that all products ordered can be supplied, however occasionally there is an error and we sincerely apologise to you for that.

We have attached a gift voucher for £1.25 which can be redeemed at any time in the next 12 months and can be used on any item on CD WOW! including sale items.

Best Regards,

The CD WOW Team"

"Yesterday you placed an order for the Dirty Harry Collection on Blu-ray. Our supplier relayed incorrect pricing information for this item which was reflected by the reduced price displayed on CD WOW! Our supplier has told us they are unable to honour this title at the reduced price, so unfortunately we have cancelled your order and are processing a refund today.

Let us assure you that we at CD WOW! take great care in making sure the prices reflected on the site are correct and that all products ordered can be supplied, however occasionally there is an error and we sincerely apologise to you for that.

We have attached a gift voucher for £1.25 which can be redeemed at any time in the next 12 months and can be used on any item on CD WOW! including sale items.

Best Regards,

The CD WOW Team"

Me too - same email

We did expect this to happen so no surprises

Best Regards,

The CD WOW Team"

I think everyone was expecting this result.

Wonder how many vouchers they'll have to send out? Could end up costing them a fair whack...

i got the same email and the voucher, i'll wait for their next $2 off everything sale and use the voucher for $4 off!!

My friend is thinking of demanding they send the box set as they already received payment so its a legal binding contract or something (not good with the law)

Wonder how many vouchers they'll have to send out? Could end up costing them a fair whack...

Are you kidding? To use the vouchers you have to spend money to buy something from them.

This happens so often that I'm starting to think that this is "CDWOW's Wednesday Nite Marketing Strategy" to attract customers! :)

BTW - Mine get cancelled too, ordered 1 copy with a cd!

I think kudos to them for giving out vouchers, in the past when this has happened merchants have just said sorry stiff bickies you get nothing. Also pleased to read that the vouchers can be used on sale items as I have had problems with CDWOW vouchers in the past, as they can't be used on sale items and yet nearly all items all the time are classed as being on sale. I didn't put an order in for Dirty Harry as I already have the ultimate US version on order, wish I had now as I would've got a free voucher :)

I think kudos to them for giving out vouchers, in the past when this has happened merchants have just said sorry stiff bickies you get nothing. Also pleased to read that the vouchers can be used on sale items as I have had problems with CDWOW vouchers in the past, as they can't be used on sale items and yet nearly all items all the time are classed as being on sale. I didn't put an order in for Dirty Harry as I already have the ultimate US version on order, wish I had now as I would've got a free voucher :)

REALLY? Based on their current prices, can't see 1.50 pounds making the difference (compared to sale prices on the other sites)

Are you kidding? To use the vouchers you have to spend money to buy something from them.

This happens so often that I'm starting to think that this is "CDWOW's Wednesday Nite Marketing Strategy" to attract customers! :)

I just meant that they're dishing out an unexpected $2.50 FOR NOTHING (ie, wasn't discussed in the weekly marketing meeting) to xxx customers, which would have to add up to a loss in the end.

Or something. Maybe. I dunno...

Best Regards,

The CD WOW Team"

If it really is an HONEST mistake, anyone wonders WHY THEY STILL HAVEN'T CHANGED TO THE CORRECT PRICE???? :huh:

Did you have "Permission Due To Unbelievable Bargain", or were you on the sneak? :P

sort of permission :rolleyes:

still needed help :rolleyes:

and

DIRTY HARRY COLLECTION

£3.49 Free Delivery

Released12/10/2009

Film and TV GenreAction, Adventure,

General Unavailable for purchase at this time

Add to my wish list

Bookmark & Share

Got my cancellation email.... is there where I am supposed to spit the dummy ??? :)

Oh well, it would've been good if it had've gone through.

Although it does make people wonder why they continue to make these 'mistakes', and leave the wrong prices still up there.

Surely it doesn't take an Einstein to see that a box set of Dirty Harry Blu Ray disks is going to cost a huge amount more than what the website price, and therefore ask someone to confirm the price before it is added to the online inventory ?

Perhaps they do this as a 'bait and switch' exercise, to get people coming to their site ??

Anyway, I like the rest of you missed out on a too good to be true bargain.

BazNZ;110913 wrote:
Hehehe...as I said... I spent more than I should of but the discounts were just too good. I'll tell ya one thing...Santa now can't afford to come to my place this year...lol. Anyway 24 Blu-rays totalling $417.53 = $17.39 each which I thought was great buying considering other retail store prices and what some clowns are trying to sell on TradeMe for $30-$50. The most I have payed for a Blu-ray is $24.98 and refuse to pay anymore than that particularly the older movies. Most of my buying has come from realistic traders from TradeMe selling under $20 for as new blu-ray's. I got Surf's Up for $10.50 a few weeks back. I do buy from JB Hifi & Mighty Ape occassionally also...but The Warehouse and TradeMe is where I've got the most value for money.

If you like deals, it's imperative you check out Amazon UK with the current exchange rate. I'm buying mainly from them at the moment. We're talking new releases at considerably less than NZ RRP (even with postage included) and frequent 2 for 1 deals. Check it out.;)