Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG W will have these titles for $28.98 each.

Ice Age 3

G.I Joe

Public Enemies

The Hangover

Starts Thursday.

and i'll add to this :)

$19.72

the dark night

knowing

slumdog millionaire

transporter 3

the matrix 1, 2 and 3 ( each )

dirty dancing

stomp the yard

twilight

terminator rise of the machines

rambo

legend

body of lies

rock n rolla

the departed

blood diamond

batman begins

clone wars

harry potter 1 through 5 ( each )

$15.92

leathal weapon 1 and 2 (each )

eraser

out for justice

the road warrior

Edited by mcduck

some amazon lightning deals:

Friday Nov. 27:

James Bond 10-Pack [blu-ray] - $59.99 (Starts at 4:45am)

I made an order on Friday night at the time this was running so that I could get it. The bulk of that order just arrived about 5 minutes ago... with this being among the titles that arrived :D

This is by far the quickest I have ever received a title from Amazon. 3 and a bit days, with 2 of those days being the weekend. This is just with standard shipping aswell. Unbelievable. B)

I made an order on Friday night at the time this was running so that I could get it. The bulk of that order just arrived about 5 minutes ago... with this being among the titles that arrived :D

This is by far the quickest I have ever received a title from Amazon. 3 and a bit days, with 2 of those days being the weekend. This is just with standard shipping aswell. Unbelievable. B)

Wow I really hope my stuff arrives that quick, wow 3 days on standard ship thats gotta be a record

The weird part is that I still have a few orders in shipments that were sent before this one was. I really can't figure out any accurate estimate of when things will arrive. For instance I have 2 orders that I'm waiting on aswell as the remainder of the order that arrived today. They are:

Order 1 - Placed on November 25th, shipped the same day. Estimated delivery is January 4, 2010

Order 2 - Placed on November 26th, shipped on Nov 29th. Estimated delivery is January 5th, 2010

Order 3 - Placed on November 29th. Estimated to Ship December 1st. Estimated to arrive December 24th, 2010. This is the second part of the order that arrived today.

But I expect they will both be here over the next week or two considering that I have received the following shipments, when according to amazon I wont be getting them for another 2 weeks:

Part 1 - Placed November 6th. Shipped November 6th. Estimated to arrive December 14th. I arrived over a week ago though.

Part 2 - Placed November 6th. Shipped November 8th. Estimated delivery is December 16th. It arrived almost 2 weeks ago, well before the above order.

Edited by mxlegend99

The weird part is that I still have a few orders in shipments that were sent before this one was. I really can't figure out any accurate estimate of when things will arrive. For instance I have 2 orders that I'm waiting on aswell as the remainder of the order that arrived today. They are:

Order 1 - Placed on November 25th, shipped the same day. Estimated delivery is January 4, 2010

Order 2 - Placed on November 26th, shipped on Nov 29th. Estimated delivery is January 5th, 2010

Order 3 - Placed on November 29th. Estimated to Ship December 1st. Estimated to arrive December 24th, 2010. This is the second part of the order that arrived today.

But I expect they will both be here over the next week or two considering that I have received the following shipments, when according to amazon I wont be getting them for another 2 weeks:

Part 1 - Placed November 6th. Shipped November 6th. Estimated to arrive December 14th. I arrived over a week ago though.

Part 2 - Placed November 6th. Shipped November 8th. Estimated delivery is December 16th. It arrived almost 2 weeks ago, well before the above order.

wow that is awesome new, maybe the shipped it the express method by accident?

That is fricken unbelievable !

I would go and buy a lottery ticket as I can't see that happening again !

Did anyone else here place an order around that time? Would be interesting to see if they had their orders arrive aswell. Might have just been been the perfect time for stuff to be dispatched and have no hiccups on the way to Australia. It's possible Amazon made a mistake when they were doing the shipping stuff, but I would have assumed that was all automated and pretty hard to do.

Yeah I placed an order of 16 x BR's on the 29/11 (about 11am Sydney Time)

Received a shipping confirmation yesterday (30/11/09) but I reckon it will arrive just before Xmas going on past Amazon delivery times. Think the quickest I have had from the US is 7 and 8 days but most are around 14-20 days.

ok.. back to the bargains... IF anyone has money / credit left.

X-MEN 2 - 4.88 pds.. yes.. thats less than $A10 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001TH7...ag=bluraycom-21

(says its part of the 2 BLU for 17pds 'deal' - however there is ZERO LOGIC to this 'sale' - as 2 items purchased from this list will be MUCH less than 17pds :) !! WTF goes on at Amazon UK ???!!)

and of course... RED CLIFF is still 8.98pds.

Edited by tonyjg

ok.. back to the bargains... IF anyone has money / credit left.

X-MEN 2 - 4.88 pds.. yes.. thats less than $A10 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001TH7...ag=bluraycom-21

(says its part of the 2 BLU for 17pds 'deal' - however there is ZERO LOGIC to this 'sale' - as 2 items purchased from this list will be MUCH less than 17pds :) !! WTF goes on at Amazon UK ???!!)

and of course... RED CLIFF is still 8.98pds.

they might have priced matched with Zavvi and didnt realise it was in the 2 for 17?

New Member! First post!

Hi Guys,

Being a new Blu-ray convert and reading this thread...thought I'd sign up. Carrying on with the theme of value blu-ray purchases, I also went to The Warehouse upon spotting their awesome blu-ray discounts. I went crazy and spent more than I should of... just couldn't resist the prices.

Swordfish $20.24

Amedeus $15.75

Tinker Bell $22.49

Curious Case Of Benjamin Button $18.74

Hitch $14.98

The Wizard Of Oz $17.24

Black Rain $14.22

I Robot $18.74

Body Of Lies $15.75

Master And Commander $20.24

Harry Potter 1 - The Philosophers Stone $15.75

Harry Potter 2 - The Chamber Of Secrets $15.75

Harry Potter 3 - The Prisoner Of Azkaban $15.75

Harry Potter 4 - The Goblet Of Fire $15.75

Harry Potter 5 - The Order Of The Phoenix $15.75

Sahara $14.22

Man On Fire $20.24

The Happening $18.74

Contact $17.24

Worlds Fastest Indian $17.24

Basic Instinct $14.99

Mr And Mrs Smith $20.24

Perfect Storm $17.24

Independence Day $20.24

I wanted Once Were Warriors, Pulp Fiction & The Piano but discovered they were 1080i instead of 1080p so was abit dubious and left them on the shelf. Has anyone viewed these 1080i produced movies and can comment on their quality?

Oh wow.. just saw this, this is awesome. I ordered the james bond set too along with fringe

My ordered date is 27/11/2009, shipped date is 29/11/2009 and estimate date of arrival is 05/01/2010!! I used priority mail a lot and this option usually takes 6-10 days. I only use standard shipping with this package so I am expecting 2-3 weeks, can't belive you got yours so quick.

On another note, can you please tell us how they package the bond set? Does it come with 10 individual cases??

BOURNE TRILOGY Amazon.co.uk GBP 15.63 VAT removed.

Just for anybody who hasn't upgraded from HD DVD yet - like me! Only one shipping charge too :D

Only thing is its not really an upgrade, otherwise I would for sure because they're great movies. I dont think I will bother until my HD players pack it in I reckon.

Amazon UK selling BOURNE TRILOGY BR at GBP17.98. What's the diff between the more expensive US version besides

their packaging?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Bourne-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B001XCWPAM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1259661390&sr=1-3

Cheers

Vieri

There's a discussion on this trilogy a while back.

I got the UK trilogy from Gramaphone in the end.

Only thing is its not really an upgrade, otherwise I would for sure because they're great movies. I dont think I will bother until my HD players pack it in I reckon.

Does the HD-DVD version come with lossless sound?