Amoi users please come in..........

i noticed something about watching DVD, the code one dvd (SW3) on my Samsung player, there is no image delay.. but when i played the Sound of Thunder DVD code 3, there is very obviously image delay ie when people walking, it's jerks and not smooth...

perhaps LCD TV makes watching low quality DVD more obvious.. or perhaps that's just my player?

Hmmm.. any idea?

u need a dvd player with a good video processor that can do deinterlacing and scaling to enjoy movies..

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the club dakl2000....... ;D or should i say welcome 3 times since u bought 3 sets....just kidding bro...no offense... ;)

it's good to see more and more users of amoi tv. :)

btw bro, congrats on ur new sets.... ;)

Thanks, xboxfan.  Have been eyeing this brand for quite a while and finally decided on it.  Next will source for some good cables to go with it.  Any good recommendations?

Will have to wait till March to experience the real stuff.

Good community here.  :)

u need a dvd player with a good video processor that can do deinterlacing and scaling to enjoy movies..

Well, R3 Sound of Thunder seemed to be a little out of sync on my Denon 1920DVD/Panasonic AE700 combo too, so I'd think it is an issue with the disc rather than the Amoi itself.

Just calibrated the Amoi with Avia and this LCD seems like a light cannon compared to my AE700 :P

Colors and contrast looks really good. Just had a play of Batman Begins and the darker scenes in the opening cave looked pretty good.

Like my projector I noticed contrast was much better in a darker room.

ps noticed there is a transparent film over the set that you'd need to remove :)

BTW, I think I need to go get a 3 point plug cable. The bundled cable doesn't seem to ground the Amoi and I keep getting static shocks all the time when I have to move the Amoi up and down my subwoofer between uses.

i'm a newbie in this. can somebody explain to me.

since the amoi 26" LCD resolution is 1366x768.

can it accept the xbox 360 1080i output? 720p should be no problem but what about 1080i?

Don't confuse native resolution (eg 1366x768) with input signal compatibility.

You can have projectors/LCD/plasma TVs with native resolutions of as low as 640x480 or 800x600 or 848x480 which are still be able accept 480p, 720p and 1080i

What they do is use an internal scaler to rescale the image to fit in the native resolution. It won't be ideal for the higher res signals but they should still display ok.

i'm a newbie in this. can somebody explain to me.

since the amoi 26" LCD resolution is 1366x768.

can it accept the xbox 360 1080i output? 720p should be no problem but what about 1080i?

I can play my GT4 on my PS2 via Component Output at 1080i on my Amoi 26 inches LCD TV. The graphic is superb leh^^

Doggie

where did you get the AVIA? Was about to get the DVE from amazon.

Can't recall now.. could have been totalactionuniverse or dvdsoon before they crapped out on me.

I have a Video Essentials somewhere too, but a friend borrowed it. Ordered that from a UK parallel import site ages ago when I was in the UK.

Unearthed my old Momitsu V880 (original.. no DX/N)

Sold my DVI cable along with my old Samsung 938 upscaling DVD player, so had to use component connections from the Shinco I was using earlier.

Hooked the Amoi up to the V880 and switched it to 1080i.

Gotta admit the source makes a huge difference.

The Momitsu looks a lot more detailed. The progressive scan mode doesn't seem juddery like with the Shinco

I waited for the set to warm up a bit then did another AVIA calibration. Pretty easy to get right tho the green seemed abt 15% too saturated in the color saturation test. Still, when I watched a couple of scenes, the green didnt appear excessive. Guess the human eye isnt as sensitive to green?

Overall, the contrast seems better with the Momitsu than with the Shinco. And the "increased" resolution from upscaling to 1080i does seem to show an appreciable increase in detail... albeit not as good as a true HD source.  Can't wait to get my local XBox360 in March to test that out fully. If I can find a DVI cable, I might try out the DVI/HDMI connection at a later time.

ps I found a 3 pin PC type power plug and used that to power up the Amoi and the damn static that got me yesterday is all gone. Does everyone also get the crappy 2 round pin types?

Hi,

Has anyone successfully connected a PC to the Amoi 37" at the native resolution, 1920x1080? I'm planning to hook up this LCD to my HTPC, running at the full native resolution.

I wonder how readable the screen will be for web surfing, PC applications use from a distance of about 3m.  Anyone with similar experience, I would like to hear your comments. Thanks.

alright... i finally gave in to the temptation and bought the AMOI 37inch at BIG fior S$2999 c/w freee Amoi DVD player

i was just amazed at the demo set's resolution and picture quality... the Sales person was very knowledgable as well as compared to those i met elsewhere...

hope this is a good buy!

i also bought the Hidef Samsung DVD player for the HDMI...  can't wait for the delivery this sat!

Will post a review once i see it for myself... cheers

Michael

How much did you bought the Samsung DVD player with HDMI???

How the picture quality??

Still waiting for 37" LCD TV (Amoi or Prima) selling below $2500.

(Prima is selling 37" LCD TV at $2300-$2600 in China)

Saw somewhere else that these two LCD TV are able to display 1920x1080 from PC (Both VGA and HDMI).

Try 60Hz first, if not working then 30Hz (due to low bandwidth circuit)

chualcsg, I thought the standard refresh rate for LCD is 60hz or 75hz...

Have you tried personally connecting a PC to the Amoi 37" LCD? How is the quality at 30Hz? Any flickering?

Still waiting for 37" LCD TV (Amoi or Prima) selling below $2500.

(Prima is selling 37" LCD TV at $2300-$2600 in China)

Saw somewhere else that these two LCD TV are able to display 1920x1080 from PC (Both VGA and HDMI).

Try 60Hz first, if not working then 30Hz (due to low bandwidth circuit)

Hi

so can tell me wats the current selling price for the 37" amoi? is it only big selling?

thanks

Hi

so can tell me wats the current selling price for the 37" amoi? is it only big selling?

thanks

I checked out the 37" Amoi at Big harbour front about 2 weeks ago. The price is $2999 and they can throw in a Amoi DVD player. I tried to negotiate and this is the best deal they can give. I ask if I pay cash in full, can further reduce, they say no. So far, Big is the only place I've seen Amoi. Not sure if others has seen it selling elsewhere...

I checked out the 37" Amoi at Big harbour front about 2 weeks ago. The price is $2999 and they can throw in a Amoi DVD player. I tried to negotiate and this is the best deal they can give. I ask if I pay cash in full, can further reduce, they say no. So far, Big is the only place I've seen Amoi. Not sure if others has seen it selling elsewhere...

Thanks for your info, lbchua.

Then I will probably find time to make a trip there to see whether the PQ worth the price like lots of ppl here said.

Well, R3 Sound of Thunder seemed to be a little out of sync on my Denon 1920DVD/Panasonic AE700 combo too, so I'd think it is an issue with the disc rather than the Amoi itself.

Just calibrated the Amoi with Avia and this LCD seems like a light cannon compared to my AE700 :P

Colors and contrast looks really good. Just had a play of Batman Begins and the darker scenes in the opening cave looked pretty good.

Like my projector I noticed contrast was much better in a darker room.

ps noticed there is a transparent film over the set that you'd need to remove :)

BTW, I think I need to go get a 3 point plug cable. The bundled cable doesn't seem to ground the Amoi and I keep getting static shocks all the time when I have to move the Amoi up and down my subwoofer between uses.

hi,

is there really a film that needs to be removed? after reading your post, i spent half an hour searching for it on the screen... can't seem to find any... is it hard to spot and hard to peel?

the only film i could find is pasted on the rims of the screen.. that protects the glassy plastic edges...

thanks

michael

hi,

is there really a film that needs to be removed? after reading your post, i spent half an hour searching for it on the screen... can't seem to find any... is it hard to spot and hard to peel?

the only film i could find is pasted on the rims of the screen.. that protects the glassy plastic edges...

thanks

michael

Maybe the guys who installed yr set has already removed it. Mine actually still has the film on, and a sticker on the film telling me to remove the film before use