Hello everyone from Vietnam

My name is Sky from Saigon, Vietnam. I'm soundeholic and I'm chasing better sound since I have owned my first junk Sansui amplifier from the last 3 years which costed only $100 in my area (Sansui AU-707F). I'm not focus to any specific Hi-fi brand but trying bit by bit, day by day to experience all type of signature sound brands. Now I owned many different brands such as Sansui, Sony, Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon, Heco, Diatone, Kenwood and still in my chasing mood. My latest impressive amplifier model is Sansui Au 907MR, I couldn't explain how beauty the art of sound this amplifier could participate in my emotion so far but it is amazing, not only the sound but the look and the touch of metal when I turn on the volume control. I have my secret to share with Sansui lovers, wait for me!

7915f27c3ed5c18b98c4.jpg

f50bf71734becbe092af.jpg

0ae51009d2a02dfe74b1.jpg

d7de8ee99f0d6053391c.jpg

96f7d715c6f139af60e0.jpg

a5253be82a0cd5528c1d.jpg

732aead98e3d7163282c.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks all for your friendly and hospitable! I'm happy to share my experience to all of you to achieve better gears for your next upgrade. Now I could short describe each brand sounds signature in general term. Start with Denon...

1. Denon = Strong, fast, a bit dry, narrow, precise and tight sound, the bass tail is short and urgent in finish, Vivid sound, not suitable for soft types of music. (maybe they focus mostly in FET design), I think this should work for rock and pop

2. Sony = Bright, fast, sharp, smooth and wider sound stage than Denon, flying sound and play nicely for vocal in both male and female, singer will demonstrate better voice with Sony gear. This should work as a DAC when you combine the whole system working together, good to use as First gear receive signal and work perfect as a filter (they are using a lot of Nichicon Gold around 90s). Perform extremely well for Mid sound

I have the Sony Ta E9000es using as First "pre out", playing around with equalizer and this is my best of best configuration: Bass +10 99Hz, Middle +6 8600Hz, Treble +2 10000Hz (This could apply for all 5.1 receivers like Sony Ta V555es or V777es)

3. Yamaha = Accurate sound if you have same model like me and use Pure Direct into 2 Channels, I use Dsp Z9 as Second "pre out"  to keep the sound at lowest noise even when I turn up the volume at -2.0dB. They said Yamaha Dsp Z9 is the last Flagship model was made in Japan with all component compare as "Swiss Watch". After the Z9 is Z11 (Made in Malaysia) which is no longer perform well in 2 Channel Stereo, somebody has owned 2 models and then they sold the Z11. This is the first time I could see a Movie Receiver has the "Damping Factor specification" rate at 200 - This is a monster for stereo in a shape of a 7.1 receiver. This help your bass move but doesn't produce a sound you can hear by ears...

4. Sansui = Emotion, the spirit of music. Its sound is hard to explain but I use the word of "Ghostly Sound" to describe. It is the combine of wet and wide, soft and sorrow, accurate and clear like you stand on the high cold mountain and you could touch the wind before its fly through your ears. The secret of how could Sansui produce this kind of ghostly sound is not reveal here as this post only describe in general term. I don't know they plan this or not but the actual meaning of Sansui is Mountain and Sea which is represent for highest and lowest place on Earth (When I tried to remember its sound to describe to you, I didn't remember that the name Sansui has its meaning like what I have describe above until I Wow...)

5. Application I use is Jriver with "TDR Kotelnikov Plugin".

6.... I'm sleepy now, I will come back later with photos and deeper configurations

Thanks all

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Welcome to SNA @SaigonSky ?

Vietnam is a beautiful country. I was there late last year visiting Saigon & Nha Trang. Had a wonderful time and will be returning very soon. Geeez I miss Pho (Soup) ?

Love your Sansui gear! There's a few of us on here that are Sansui tragics so you will fit right in ?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SaigonSky said:

I also love Pho very much! Next time you could visit Dalat, place I love the most in Vietnam! I have been to Melbourne too, it is very nice place and beautiful beaches, and the people too. Nice to meet you!

love Dalat, its really getting a bit busy these days but one can still enjoy the cafe lifestyle and admire the Art Deco influenced architecture from the early 1900s. 

• Thanks 1

On 04/10/2020 at 5:15 PM, tripitaka said:

love Dalat, its really getting a bit busy these days but one can still enjoy the cafe lifestyle and admire the Art Deco influenced architecture from the early 1900s. 

Your taste is my taste! It is wonderful if we could live in the old time and enjoy life more slowly. Living and enjoy art everywhere. Now they live in rush of chasing money...

• Like 2