Dating Lenehan Speakers

I am interested in finding the age of a pair of Lenehan ML 2 reference serial numbers 500003 and 500004

I saw a post from Mike dated December 2013 detailing upgrades which seemed quite substantial so trying to work out if this pair has them or can these be upgraded by mike to recent spec

thanks

Mate, when I read the title of this thread I honestly thought you were thinking of proposing to your speakers... ?  if you were gonna marry a pair of speakers, it may as well be Lenehans I guess.  They age very gracefully and always know their place.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Stereophilus said:

Mate, when I read the title of this thread I honestly thought you were thinking of proposing to your speakers... ?  if you were gonna marry a pair of speakers, it may as well be Lenehans I guess.  

I think that @bhobba did just that and has been living with them happily ever after.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have ML2 Ltds that are the upgraded model.  I do not think that the Reference could be upgraded easily if at all.  It is my understanding  that to get the the crossover into the Reference it was placed through the main driver hole.  Mike had to make some design changes with the ML2 for the Limited version.  With the Limited the enclosure back is removable so that the Crossover could be placed inside at time of assembly.  The back on the Reference would not be removable.

John

4 hours ago, harfdef said:

I am interested in finding the age of a pair of Lenehan ML 2 reference serial numbers 500003 and 500004

I saw a post from Mike dated December 2013 detailing upgrades which seemed quite substantial so trying to work out if this pair has them or can these be upgraded by mike to recent spec

thanks

If reference the only upgrade would likely be to use Cast capacitors.   But they are frightfully expensive.   Much better to get one of his new stands that have a 3hz isolation platform.

Thanks

Bill