Help choosing bookshelf speakers

1 hour ago, POV said:

Apologies for the off-topic slant; but I find it fascinating that folks have partners who are more interested in aesthetics of how a living space looks than supporting their partners pursuit of a hobby and/or better audio performance.   

I'd just make it clear that the speakers (and positioning of them) is not a negotiable thing.  No doubt there are other things in the house that are of equal importance that your partner will be equally non-negotiable about and that's the give and the take!

Agreed 100% - it’s a relationship, not a dictatorship!

Gee I appreciate my wife all the more right about now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tasstronic said:

I showed my wife your advice. She didn't really appreciate it. Now I am sleeping on the couch ?

Well...I think you have a clear upgrade path ahead of you.  ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pete_mac said:

Agreed 100% - it’s a relationship, not a dictatorship!

Gee I appreciate my wife all the more right about now. 

Absolutely right.  My marriage wouldn't have survived if my wife hadn't supported my audiophile obsessions!  But why would I want it to!

I also fully support and get behind her in her pursuits and hobbies.  That's what relationships are all about!

4 minutes ago, Tasstronic said:

You guys are great. Who would have thought two complete strangers could have such incisive insight into my life situation. Loving this. Please keep going.  

Calm down, nothing personal intended.  Just find it interesting is all.

2 minutes ago, POV said:

Calm down, nothing personal intended.  Just find it interesting is all.

I apologise If i came across upset. I am nothing of the sort. My wife and I are genuinely laughing together at your posts. By all means I encourage you to continue. ?

Ah...fair enough.  Glad we could amuse you then. 

FWIW you have bought some lovely speakers, strongly suggest you don’t strangle them by putting them in a bookshelf!

and I’ll slink off and remember that this stuff doesn’t have to be life and death!

3 minutes ago, POV said:

Ah...fair enough.  Glad we could amuse you then. 

FWIW you have bought some lovely speakers, strongly suggest you don’t strangle them by putting them in a bookshelf!

and I’ll slink off and remember that this stuff doesn’t have to be life and death!

It's all good. 

Honestly- If i put my foot down we would have big fat floor standing speakers but It's just not that important to me. Also, If i'm being honest- aesthetics do matter to me somewhat too. 

I hope that we can still be friends and I look forward to your feedback once the house (and cabinets) are all done. 

• 5 weeks later...

It’s all coming together! See the photo below. It’s taken from here because the room is a huge mess and this edits the mess out. Really happy with how It’s coming together though ?

I’ll post another once the room is finished. It’ll take a few weeks at the rate that we are unpacking.

293AF4AC-5515-490F-B664-9F54F64EF11F.jpeg

• Like 2