Roon Core - Mac Mini, Intel NUC, or Roon Nucleus ?

4 minutes ago, JC. said:

interesting to see you get improvements to a serious setup like that.

One thing I've found on this journey is the better gear you get the more you hear minor changes. 

I was previously very skeptical about usb / hdmi / power cables making a difference but I can clearly hear changes on my system. When I was previously using less expensive gear I didn't hear any difference. 

It's a double edge sword though.... Sometimes I wish my system wasn't as revealing as it is. Drives me nuts, pushes me down rabbit holes and does a good job of emptying my bank account. :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JC. said:

@Jhsg one or two Rel’s ?

what size is your room to warrant the 9 ?

assume your running the high level inputs, how is that with a fully balanced amp ?

The room is about 6mx5m.

I only have one T9i and its mainly for my HT setup. When using it for 2ch, I run it really low and set the cross over really low. Just use it to deliver a little more punch when I need it. Sometimes when listening to softer music I won't switch it on. I bought a second but couldn't get it to work properly.. mainly due to having limited space to place it correctly but i've found one placed in the corner is more than enough. 

I run it using high level inputs (and .1 for HT) but its a pain in the ass as the sub will hum when I switch the amp to stby.. Common problem - tried everything to fix it and currently waiting patiently for REL to send me a special earthing kit which fixes the issue. I have learnt to live with it though and just switch it off before turning the amp to stby.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JC. said:

@Jhsg  yeah I read that Rel are great but have that issue with balanced amps.

How do the PMC go with the PS gear ?

looks like you spent $30k on PSaudio setup and $5k on Floorstanders.

So you bought this HQPlayer .

https://www.signalyst.com/consumer.html

Yes, that’s the retail value. 

The pmc’s go really well but aren’t my end game speakers. I’m waiting for something special to pop up second hand. 

Yes. That’s the link. Grab the demo version and give it a go. Pm is if you get stuck and I’ll help you set it up. It’s a steep learning curve initially but is actually quite simple once you get your head around it. 

2 minutes ago, Jhsg said:

Yes, that’s the retail value. 

The pmc’s go really well but aren’t my end game speakers. I’m waiting for something special to pop up second hand. 

Yes. That’s the link. Grab the demo version and give it a go. Pm is if you get stuck and I’ll help you set it up. It’s a steep learning curve initially but is actually quite simple once you get your head around it. 

yeah thought you may look to update your speakers. Great setup already though.

Thanks mate, appreciate the offer of assistance.
Will sing out if I get stuck.

• Like 1