Question about Diamond Wiring

12 hours ago, muon* said:

Going back to the OP's question, just for something different.

Wouldn't it be dependent on the crossover circuit?

All the OP's linked article indicates as a criteria is "For this article several very important question needs to answered, firstly are your speakers bi-wireable?  If the answer is yes..." [then the article promotes the diamond wiring speaker connection methodology].

On 04/04/2020 at 2:50 AM, muon* said:

Granted, but the signal is still originating at one end and being received at the other end.

Does not the signal travel via the EM Wave that is produced by the charge that is a result of the current? so that signal is traveling essentially in the direction from the source to the other end. So the signal is not the the current? and the current is not the medium by which the signal flows or is transferred?

I'm not engineer and largely see things in a conceptual way.

Your're getting Wireless and Wired theory mixed up here.  In wired connections the current is the medium by which signals are transferred.

In wireless connections electro-magnetic waves are the medium.

4 minutes ago, surprisetech said:

Your're getting Wireless and Wired theory mixed up here.  In wired connections the current is the medium by which signals are transferred.

In wireless connections electro-magnetic waves are the medium.

Incorrect, I have never read about wireless theory as I have no interest beyond setting up a wifi router.

I look to physics and physicists mostly when I looking for answers to this stuff, and this always in relation to wired electrical conduction/transfer.

Anyway, physics doesn't care who is right or wrong, not like humans on a forum :lol:

• 31716CCB-8A11-4CE3-9AA6-EE5094827904.jpeg

Yeah, that's how I wire my speakers and it's what gives best results for me. Why? I don't know, I'm not really interested in the why of it. It sounds better in terms of an even frequency response so that's all that really matters to me.

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 1