Solar PV. Anyone here applied for the Victorian solar rebate or solar rebates for other states?

21 hours ago, rmpfyf said:

Would have done it around $11k with SolaX - that'd have had you 12kWh of storage, 5kW or so of PV, 5kW inverter and a limited offgrid capability (that's without the state rebate).

Have a few homes running as such just fine.

Mind you BYD's new LV battery is a total beast. Very impressive specs - best in class degradation. 

You have to want storage though - raw payback is still better with just PV at the moment.

That is a very good future proof system....   I’m committed, we place a 10% deposit to get the ball rolling....    the quote is locked in with Solar Victoria for the rebate.  

4 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

That is a very good future proof system....   I’m committed, we place a 10% deposit to get the ball rolling....    the quote is locked in with Solar Victoria for the rebate.  

You can get a start if you like.

What's your aircon situation? You might be able to drive it based on excess PV from your Fronius inverter, which is pretty cool.

I might have a spare Reposit system too if interested.

21 minutes ago, rmpfyf said:

You can get a start if you like.

What's your aircon situation? You might be able to drive it based on excess PV from your Fronius inverter, which is pretty cool.

I might have a spare Reposit system too if interested.

I’m running a evaporative cooler ATM....

when funds permit im gonna put 2 split reverse cycle system, highly likely Mitsubishi....   

4 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

I’m running a evaporative cooler ATM....

when funds permit im gonna put 2 split reverse cycle system, highly likely Mitsubishi....   

Have your installer run a 2 core wire from your inverter to your split location, and CAT5e from your inverter to your switchboard - in addition to Ethernet from your inverter to your router (or from switch to router, patchable).

It'll future proof you.

23 minutes ago, rmpfyf said:

Have your installer run a 2 core wire from your inverter to your split location, and CAT5e from your inverter to your switchboard - in addition to Ethernet from your inverter to your router (or from switch to router, patchable).

It'll future proof you.

The 2 core is already in the switch board to the location where I want the split systems.  It was put in on the building plans, I Also have 6. 5mm rough in from the switch board to the roof up stairs.

Not sure how to get the ethernet to the other corner of the house when its dual level, single level its not an issue, dual level is a pain in the butt if It wasn't done in the plan.

47 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

The 2 core is already in the switch board to the location where I want the split systems.  It was put in on the building plans, I Also have 6. 5mm rough in from the switch board to the roof up stairs.

Not sure how to get the ethernet to the other corner of the house when its dual level, single level its not an issue, dual level is a pain in the butt if It wasn't done in the plan.

Ask about wiring a DRED off the Fronius relay. May be possible and enable a cheap way of turning your aircon up or on when there's excess power generared.

You could route external or use a wireless access point, or go cellular for an energy gateway.

59 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Ethernet over power?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, proftournesol said:

Ethernet over power?

There's a home energy management system I'd recommend that has just this - currently available through one channel only.

I used a Belkin Power point type WIFI transmitter to give remote access to the Solaredge Invertor, this way I can tell on my mobile how each panel is performing and its generation too without climbing up on the roof. The garage under my house is surrounded by thick slab concrete no way to get wifi signal though any other way.  Also considering putting a gas engined 10KVA generator in as well to take care of the times when AEMO decide I don't need electricity, I'm connecting up at least one a week these days around Melbourne, just more future proofing.

26 minutes ago, agelessgoodguy said:

I used a Belkin Power point type WIFI transmitter to give remote access to the Solaredge Invertor, this way I can tell on my mobile how each panel is performing and its generation too without climbing up on the roof. The garage under my house is surrounded by thick slab concrete no way to get wifi signal though any other way.  Also considering putting a gas engined 10KVA generator in as well to take care of the times when AEMO decide I don't need electricity, I'm connecting up at least one a week these days around Melbourne, just more future proofing.

1 a week! Impressive.

32 minutes ago, Megawolf said:

I don`t know if you can get it in Vic, but in NSW AGL and Origin offer 21c/kw.

But as always check to see how much extra their other charges are.

You never get something for nothing.

Must of gone up!

I'm only getting 20 cents off Origin!

7 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

Brilliant day in Melb yesterday, unlike today....

had 20 305w Trina Panels with a 5kw Fronius inverter told me that importing at $0.12/kw  contribute to $2.40 in total production yesterday. :thumb:

Down in Sunny Seaford yesterday my 5.3 kW Solaredge system made 31.11 kWH's worth $3.73, not earth shattering but worth having anyway.

Edited by agelessgoodguy
  • Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 12:44 PM, proftournesol said:

Whatever the feed-in tariff is, the biggest saving is in nett kW that isn't imported from the grid

AGL have a 0.20 cent/kW tarrif available but its not heavily advertised, I'm clicking on it at the beginning of November then switch back to the 0.12 again at end of May this way I get nearly every bill free, and the extra goes to reduce my gas cost too. Anyone else got this up and running too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agelessgoodguy said:

AGL have a 0.20 cent/kW tarrif available but its not heavily advertised, I'm clicking on it at the beginning of November then switch back to the 0.12 again at end of May this way I get nearly every bill free, and the extra goes to reduce my gas cost too. Anyone else got this up and running too?

Jeezus. 20c sounds too good to be true!

I got a Solar Edge inverter with my system and love the monitoring app on my android.

As you can see in the last week I've easily generated more than I'm using but up to 2/3 goes back to the grid.

Lot of money not being earned at .11c with Simply Energy! 

Screenshot_20190916-220531_SolarEdge.jpg

• Like 1

On 17/09/2019 at 7:07 AM, Addicted to music said:

Logged on o AGL, 

it it depends on where you live,  typed the address in and you get this. $0.12 kw/hr feed in.   I like the supply charges, way better than what I, paying but then it gets offset with a better rate if I pay on time or before the due date.

9EBA8BE8-ECDC-4BF6-8817-DB33D902BF31.png

I did mention you have to ask AGL for this higher feed in rate of 20 cents it doesn't show up on the web data guys, but it is switchable for free as many times as you like, so its easy to switch between summer gains and winterlosses to your own advantage, ASGL also has a pay in time discount rebate too & also if you link your gas and electrcity it all gets a bit cheaoper still.

• Like 2

Shop around on your energy people. Prices have fallen a good bit since the start of the year - even just recontracting can get you a better deal. 

Not sure all the fuss on FIT, watch your dailies and consumption costs - there are some awesome FITs out there though they tend to come with a decent increase on consumption. 

For a while there Momentum Energy was doing a 15c FIT in Victoria with no change to their base rates, which was effing glorious. 

rmpfyf is quite correct.

You never get something for nothing.

The reason I don`t care about the price difference is I`m not looking at the ROI.

That would probably be 15-20 years for my system.

I should have a better idea of how long after my next billing cycle.

So far I`m $185 in credit and they`re predicting $355 for the next one.

I have been considering getting a few more panels to take me up to the max allowed of 10kw.

Adding another 5 panels should do it, I don`t imagine Origin would be to happy though.

Cheers.           Ian.

• Like 1