analogue active crossovers users findings

aertex

19 minutes ago, aertex said:

A9X your an east coast "westie" right?

Correct.

9 minutes ago, La scala said:

Magic, we have much the same taste and rigs.

Our own personal concert capable glorious non fatiguing chest pounders.

Unfortunately would not even remotely fit in the current apartment, so when I moved it was sold off or dumped, just keeping the drivers. When I move back to the house that had the horns, I'll use my Unity >300Hz with a modified version of the long midbass and the same subs.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 2:31 AM, La scala said:

Using D23 for sometime on 3 way and 4 way active Horns..

Would like another D23 .

Enjoy V 

Hey Volker, thats you??? The BMW, Merc, Porsche guy with workshop? I just sort of twigged. You had those Wolcott monos and the Ambience in your workshop. I remeber now. How are you? I gather very well and filling the huge space with those horns of yours. Good stuff. We must somehow catch up again when the time is good

cheers

Alan

51 minutes ago, aertex said:

Hey Volker, thats you??? The BMW, Merc, Porsche guy with workshop? I just sort of twigged. You had those Wolcott monos and the Ambience in your workshop. I remeber now. How are you? I gather very well and filling the huge space with those horns of yours. Good stuff. We must somehow catch up again when the time is good

cheers

Alan

Hi, yes thats me, going ok, besides very recent heart surgery, Audio tinkering keeps me ensused.

When did we meet, did I get the Walcotts from you ?

Would be great to catch up and exchange some horn ideas etc.

Good man, Cheers Volker

Edited by La scala

Bloody hell, you are much too young for heart issues. I really hope you are on the mend. That Automobile Excellence in Dianella (huge plug here for a great German auto workshop in Perth!!) must be going as good or better than it ever did? 

Yes I have been to your workshop and house to hear both systems at the time and you did take my Wolcott PM220's. Seems like you are really enjoying the horns. There is a lot to like with horns if you enjoy music-thats my take anyway

cheers

Alan from Bunbury

On 16/07/2019 at 11:09 AM, aertex said:

Yes I have been to your workshop and house to hear both systems at the time and you did take my Wolcott PM220's. Seems like you are really enjoying the horns. There is a lot to like with horns if you enjoy music-thats my take anyway

cheers

Alan from Bunbury

Thanks for your kind reply Alan, 

On the mend now, Business was closed on and off for over two month since January  I guess, just back to work again over the last two weeks. Perth economy is sad, my competitors are generally struggling to get German Cars to work on. 

Wow,  the good old  Walcotts have been great on the stats and horns, I like the low level or high level dampening / impedance level adjustment dials to tailor the sound.  

Re your JBLs you are building, I am curious, have you got those unique mid horns ?

JBLs look like klipschhorns - corner loaded placement orientated !

Bet you can’t wait to complete them.  

Lenard Audio - site may prove useful to you when tuning yours,  the education on horns, x overs, what frequency to use etc etc  is well explained .

Check out his  Opal Towers from Lenard Audio ???? Aussie Icon 

Removed the DEXQ x over from duties the other day and used the old Pioneer analogue active x over to compare = does sound much more analogue,  more expressive ,  considering no time delay and EQ availability that I normally use. Lucky I don’t rely on EQ and delays to the old Turbosound clunkers, amazing old speakers.

Cheers Volker 

Edited by La scala