Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

Guest Peter the Greek

1950's RCA Extended Range 15 inch driver

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140921854178?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_710wt_1397

Thought I'd point it out - Just in case someone has a matching unit - I gather these were in every ABC recording studio in Australia back in the day.

Usually offered to staff when the drivers were retired.

Strong response has surprised me - not many of these about and seem to be a bit sought-after.

Disclosure:- My ebay listing but not my item - selling for a friend relocating from Tas to Qld.

A reasonable amp, but gee I hate it when people quote the power consumption figure as thought it is the actual power output!

This amp is around 40wpc from memory.

Btw, if anyone is after a pair of classic rare vintage speakers, there's a pair of EV Interface D series II on eBay right now. Sadly they don't have the matching EQ unit, but these rarely come up for sale and represent decent buying at $800, or perhaps cheaper if the seller accepts a lower offer.

Edited by pete_mac

Pete have you heard the Interface D's before? I'm curious to know what they're like. I remember seeing a pair of Interface D II in good nick and with the EQ on eBay a year or two ago that went for $400-450 if I recall correctly. I can't remember 100% but I think I was the losing bidder. I'm not in the market for speakers anymore but I'm still curious about these beasts...

Edited by Sam Z

Pete have you heard the Interface D's before? I'm curious to know what they're like. I remember seeing a pair of Interface D II in good nick and with the EQ on eBay a year or two ago that went for $400-450 if I recall correctly. I can't remember 100% but I think I was the losing bidder. I'm not in the market for speakers anymore but I'm still curious about these beasts...

Braddo's brother bought a pair from me a few years back. They are very impressive beasties. Be prepared to pay upwards of a couple of grand for a decent pair. Well worth every cent.

600 Bucks is crazy cheap for Ds.

Yeah, tell me about it! If it wasn't in the middle of disrupted living arrangements over the next year or so, I would have snaffled them and kept my eyes peeled on US ebay for the EQ unit.

600 Bucks is crazy cheap for Ds.

there was something odd about that Ebay listing. .. some of the pics and most of the words were pinched off an Audiogon ad. And the seller made no mention of the eq unit - even though he obviously saw one in the Audiogon ad. Maybe a lucky hard rubbish find.

Local pickup only so I guess there's not much risk... but the buyer would be well advised to give them a good checkover before parting with the cash