The Church

Originally posted by markvetnz

What the @#%$ are those blue lights under the stands?

I dunno but I reckon they'd sure look great if you were stoned silly.

I really like the massive ganite slabs though. Shame about the yucky tartan carpet (suppose it's a a male thing?) & lack a wall absorption.

I don't understand "When placing speakers on the granite you want the speakers attached firmily to it. This is because you are using the weight to make the speakers effectively un-movable so you dont loose any energy." Loose energy? Is that the reactive movement of a speaker enclosure reponding to the drivers movemement causing the loss we are talking about?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand "When placing speakers on the granite you want the speakers attached firmily to it. This is because you are using the weight to make the speakers effectively un-movable so you dont loose any energy." Loose energy? Is that the reactive movement of a speaker enclosure reponding to the drivers movemement causing the loss we are talking about?

Well people do speak of this,but In the scheme of things I think the effect is minimal.

More important are the enclosure panels being damped sufficiently,as their area is always many times the driver area, they dont need to move much to produce annoying noises.

Spikes,and decoupling the speaker enclosures from the floor are another issue that I havent seen much data on but quite popular.