230v on amps

3 hours ago, rocky500 said:

You might have been unlucky and just got a music fidelity M6i with a noisy power supply?

Not sure if they have any more of them you could try another one or take it in to the shop and see if they hear the vibrating transformer.

21 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Possibly, but let's not forget the OP lives in WA. WA has the worst power in Australia. It is frequently far too high.

Which makes my comment even more pertinent that the op should really really really pat attention to. How'd I do , how'd I do??

Looking at the manual, they have 2 models. 115V or 230V.

My guess is this one is just a noisy one as I would think there are many in use in Australia with no problems.

Maybe they will swap the transfomer under warranty or fix whatever is happening to this one?

• 1 year later...
On 13/10/2018 at 1:54 PM, Diynamic said:

Borrowed a 240-230 step down this morning and this is my reading 244v . The step down did bring it back to 230v . So with the hum it is barley audibly now and can not hear from where I sit , so I have an improvement . The mains voltage was not as high as I expected , thank you @rocky500 

7BDFF1C7-68C5-4BB7-ACC7-47EF828C9BF4.jpeg

3F1AD482-8678-43F1-A87E-D625683D6FFA.jpeg

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I have a similar problem with a TT motor, being a 230v one that has a slight vibration. I wanted to find out what my power output was at the wall before spending on a step down, but didn't want to risk sticking my multi-meter into it. What is this little gizmo called, it is perfect! 

Is it possible the hum is caused by dc?

I experience some hum in a toroidal power supply for a turntable and it was silenced with a dc blocker.

$180 might be cheaper than a step down or Thor.