Vinyl Ripping

5 hours ago, woadl said:

I'm going to try the Schiit JIL, I've just ordered one from from my local

I'll get back to you on my opinion of it

I'm keen to hear how it sounds.  If you've any samples you'd like to share I'll have a listen. For sure :)

• Like 1

Ok, tried the Schiit JIL tonight using Vinyl Studio and I must say that I'm impressed. With the sampling rate set to 192kI can't tell the difference between the original vinyl and playback of the rip. To my ears it's identical. Very very impressed.

• Like 1

Just spent the weekend playing with JIL and Vinyl Studio, very impressed

recording my Vinyl at 192kz and I'm very impressed.  It's very hard to tell the difference between the source and the recording, some of my recordings sound better than the official HD downloads

highly recommend 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 27/10/2018 at 9:25 PM, MattyW said:

I'm now getting rather spectacular results using a Schiit JIL. :)

Bit late to the thread but could someone please inform me if you can connect to this device from a high-end phono stage (to make the most of its resolution and SQ) or can you only use the built-in phono stage of the Schiit?  Thanks. :)

5 hours ago, Tony Cox said:

Bit late to the thread but could someone please inform me if you can connect to this device from a high-end phono stage (to make the most of its resolution and SQ) or can you only use the built-in phono stage of the Schiit?  Thanks. :)

The Schiit JIL is a recording interface only. You need a phono stage in front of it to record LP's.

For me the chain is AT ART9 > Hashimoto HM-7 SUT > Valab LCR-1 Mk2 phono > Schiit JIL.... Aurealis Litz Silver & Litz copper interconnects and silver MS Audio USB cable.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MattyW said:

The Schiit JIL is a recording interface only. You need a phono stage in front of it to record LP's.

For me the chain is AT ART9 > Hashimoto HM-7 SUT > Valab LCR-1 Mk2 phono > Schiit JIL.... Aurealis Litz Silver & Litz copper interconnects and silver MS Audio USB cable.

Excellent, many thanks - that's what I was hoping (as opposed to units that you connect the turntable itself to).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MattyW said:

Any preference for (preferably idiot-proof) software? Or does it come with its own software? Cheers.

Edited by Tony Cox
afterthought