Brisbane headfi club????

Guest Benjet

Guest Benjet

Ok, we’ll make it for the morning of the 8th. Let me know who is coming so we can finalise numbers. The 8th is next Saturday so if we could have people rsvp by the 6th so I have time to prepare. I’ll pm all participants with my contact details and address. Looking forward to hosting this event [emoji106]

Guest Benjet
Although I dont have any crazy gear. Mostly portable but happy to participate [emoji4]

As long as you can stick them on your head, they are welcome.

Ok roll call so far:-

Suopermanni
Alphanumerix1
Panimation
Hardinge
Gypr1961
Iconic83
Xecuter

And me

Let me know if I’ve missed anyone or you’re not attending.

Also we need to decide on a start time.

Thanks,

Ben

9:30 is the time, Birkdale is the place. If you haven’t got a PM from me and are wanting to attend, send me a message and I’ll add you to the list and give you the address.

Can't wait for Sat. I really need to sort out my work headphone setup. I'm out at a mine mon-fri. Want the best quality but need to be concise too. At present it's a full blown spaghetti fest with ext hdd > macbook (with roon) > HA-2SE DAC > Fostex HP-V1 > ZMF Eikons (curious cables for usb but also need to use USB-C adapters for MBP). Hate to not have roon with me but ideally i'll condense it all to an ipad feeding flacs to a single box (lyr 3, Hugo 2, iFi iDSD Pro, etc). Got use of a Hugo 2 last week and, although it's an amazing DAC i still ended up running it through the fostex for a bit of tube goodness. So Lyr 3 with MB DAC seems an easy solution but i wonder if i've been ruined by a taste of a premium DAC in the Hugo 2. The HA-2SE now just doesn't cut it. So keen to hear as many DACs as possible at the meetup and get ppl's thoughts on condensing the chain. 

Also i'm loaning a Naim Atom for the weekend so will bring that along. It's for my stereo but will be handy as an endpoint and I hear the headphone amp is really good. 

Anyway just getting some discussion going.   

• Like 1

I mainly use two different amps for headphones. Both are diy, one made by me and another by a fellow sna member. I was looking at a Hugo 2 recently but wasn’t convinced it would be a great upgrade. I’m always on the lookout for new gear, although I pretty content with my current setup.

Today is the day lady’s and gents. I’ve been up since 5:00 setting up the house and am ready to roll. Kick off at 9:30, but if you want to come earlier you are welcome to and you’ll get a better spot. See everyone soon.

Thanks everyone who attended today’s meet. Was an excellent turn out with some pretty cool gear and a great group of people. I forgot to take some pics, so if you have any, please post them. Looking forward to the next one [emoji106]

46 minutes ago, Benjet said:

Thanks everyone who attended today’s meet. Was an excellent turn out with some pretty cool gear and a great group of people. I forgot to take some pics, so if you have any, please post them. Looking forward to the next one emoji106.png

Thanks again ben for putting this all together mate! Such a well run organized event. Everything was top notch and your hospitality is fantastic. Got to try some cool gear and have some even better cconversations. Hoping this event continues in the future. 

• Like 1

Looks awesome mate, really disappointed I couldn't make this. Hoping we can get another one in this year!

Next time we’ll have the meeting before your ski trip ;)