FS: Paradigm Sub-1

Item: Paradigm Sub-1

Price: $4000 ono (50% of RRP) + courier + 3% paypal if you want to go that way

Item Condition: No marks that I can see, one of the grill pegs is broken and wedged in hole (shown on photo)

Reason for sale: redoing room - no room for sub.

Extra info: As good as reviews indicate.  Its in the cherry finish, which looks alright.  If you desperately wanted black or another colour, I'd suggest a vinyl wrap as an inexpensive way to get there.  Also includes the pbk kit (subwoofer EQ system), original box, receipt (purchased 12 months ago from Eastwood hifi -> it has two years of warranty left) .  Specs as per following link, http://www.paradigm.com/products-current/series=signature/model=sub-1/page=specs.  Basically has 6 8" drivers in sealed enclosure, will go reasonably loud and reasonably low and I have not heard it distort.  I think the current Paradigm top of the line sub is near identical to it (I'm struggling to identify a difference in the specs, apart from the colour).  Pick up is preferred, and you'd have to help me lift it into your car, its 50 kg of subwoofer.  I do have the original box - and courier is an option.

Sorry for photo orientation - though these are some of the angles you view it at when trying to lift it.

Sub-1.JPG

Sub-2.JPG

Sub-3.JPG

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, steffanth said:

the top of the line is the sub 2 which has 10 inch drivers and 4500Wrms as apposed to 1700 for the sub 1.  The personal series is the sub 1 in different packaging.  Great sub though.....i have one myself

Yeah, that what I meant, the new Personal series sub.  I understand the Sub 1 and Sub 2 in their current form are now discontinued.

20 hours ago, matt9999 said:

Yeah, that what I meant, the new Personal series sub.  I understand the Sub 1 and Sub 2 in their current form are now discontinued.

I believe the sub1 and sub2 are still available to purchase, they are not discontinued yet, only certain colors(cherry, rosenut) in sub1 are discontinued, blacks are still available.

19 hours ago, dreamz said:

I believe the sub1 and sub2 are still available to purchase, they are not discontinued yet, only certain colors(cherry, rosenut) in sub1 are discontinued, blacks are still available.

Maybe the blacks are on run out and the whole line is being discontinued? I was doing some looking and came across some blacks being sold for 4.8k so that cant be the standard price as rrp is a lot more so it sounds like they are also on a run out sale?

Anyone know how this compares with a Submersive? Was always interested in getting one of these top end paradigm subs, the only ones i had were the mid range ones. but i got a few submersives and def techs too at the moment so if i get this, one of them have to go.

1 hour ago, d4g said:

Can't believe this has not sold it is so tempting but have 2 sub 15 :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imo 2 sub 15 is much better than a single sub, i was running 2 sub15 and a sub25 which is rated above sub1, two always outperform a single. if you can have only one sub in your room and want a better looking sub then go for a sub1, only the one that beats it in that case is a sub2 :) 

4 minutes ago, lonewolf1503560131 said:

Maybe the blacks are on run out and the whole line is being discontinued? I was doing some looking and came across some blacks being sold for 4.8k so that cant be the standard price as rrp is a lot more so it sounds like they are also on a run out sale?

Anyone know how this compares with a Submersive? Was always interested in getting one of these top end paradigm subs, the only ones i had were the mid range ones. but i got a few submersives and def techs too at the moment so if i get this, one of them have to go.

it sold well below 4k when aussie dollar was on the roof, but that long gone, price had jumped, resent sales were in the 4.5k, have heard one in BPP, good sub indeed, but was not able to compare with anything else. Loved the shape. 

Keep your subM until you find a sub2

I upgraded from a sub15 to a sub 1 and couldn't be happier. I ran them back to back while I had them both at home, the speed and accuracy the sub1 offers makes the sub15 sound pretty loose. I personally would take the sub1 over two sub15's any day but that's just my opinion based on my testing.