Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

I was hoping someone here can help me out - I finally picked up a UDP-203, but I'm having a hard time finding where to buy the jailbreak firmware, as the two places I previously knew about aren't responding to emails. I'm currently on UDP20X-42-0329. Can anyone please help point me in the right direction? I just want to watch my ripped iso's over the network!

No standalone jailbreak available on market especially international version.

You heard from who? where is your source?

a friend's friend. i cannot verify the creditability of the information hence i ask here anyone with firm information. not sure if wiz knows anything on it. i do not want jump into conclusions and confusions.

I will check with my source to see if I can get anything. It’s not very encouraging to hear that as many members here are using Oppo players and end user support is important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also no reply from WhatsApp for many months. I hope that all is well but no news is not always good.

I just whatsapp both Sean and Nic from SLT in the morning and despite the 2 blue ticks that indicated BOTH have seen my message, they did not respond to me. Usually either one of them would but this time round really had me worried.

I already sold off my Oppo UDP-203 4K UHD player a week back but I didn't expect anything untoward or amiss in SLT until now...this is definitely out of the norm. Anyway if I did receive a response from either of them, I will post it here if SLT willing to share what's happening.

Another way is to contact Oppo direct regarding the dealership in Singapore. At this point, SLT is the recognized authorized distributor for the Singapore market...you can see SLT been mentioned in the warranty booklet that comes with the player itself. Before we jump to any conclusion, let's wait patiently for Sean or Nic to respond to either myself or Wiz.

AFAIK all along SLT seems like an OMO company run by Nic alone ..

Doorstep Delivery..Collection..Update of player..Replying emails.. Invoice..etc..All done by Nic himself.

Nic resigned a week before ISSE show..

Not likely he will reply to any emails..msg..whatsapp anymore if its regarding Oppo or SLT as he is no more with SLT(Not in a position to talk anymore)

*Btw..he still replies to a few of my friends in 'friends group' that he regarded us as friends...only friends casual talk.

So I am new to this forum and I basically stumbled upon the oppo just by searching the web for a high end DVD player.  I am very much a novice when it comes to this product, but the oppo 205 looks like a great buy as does the 203.  My question for the members is the best place to buy an oppo online.  I was on crutchfield and their prices are more competitive versus buying from oppo, but they don't offer an extended service contract directly from them.  It's offered by squaretrade and I have heard pros and cons on that warranty.  Any good advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks!!

It's a pity.. we have fans here, but I guess the Singapore volume of sales isn't big enough..

I hope Sean and co are ok too - I didn't get any replies from him either..

The machine is now quite mature and stable, and one of the few with DV enabled, so it's a prize still.

Anyone who wants the 205 will probably need to go PI, at least until SLT returns or someone else takes up the dealership..

AFAIK all along SLT seems like an OMO company run by Nic alone ..

Doorstep Delivery..Collection..Update of player..Replying emails.. Invoice..etc..All done by Nic himself.

Nic resigned a week before ISSE show..

Not likely he will reply to any emails..msg..whatsapp anymore if its regarding Oppo or SLT as he is no more with SLT(Not in a position to talk anymore)

*Btw..he still replies to a few of my friends in 'friends group' that he regarded us as friends...only friends casual talk.

I see...thks for the update bro. In that case, I will not bother Nic anymore as it is no longer his burden to bear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's a pity.. we have fans here, but I guess the Singapore volume of sales isn't big enough..

I hope Sean and co are ok too - I didn't get any replies from him either..

The machine is now quite mature and stable, and one of the few with DV enabled, so it's a prize still.

Anyone who wants the 205 will probably need to go PI, at least until SLT returns or someone else takes up the dealership..

Agreed with Pete, Oppo 4k UHD players still one of the better premium players to get for home theater enthusiasts. Don't let this dealership woes deter you from your purchase. Just have to import from China direct I guess...we have a MO segment in this forum, any member can take the lead to do a MO if there is a shortage of supply locally...meanwhile, let's pray that SLT continues to render her support to her existing customers, otherwise hopefully some local dealers like KEC, SD or Peng can take over.

Not at all?  I have a player on the older firmware.  Why wouldn't a jailbreak be available?

Oppo closed the backdoor after complaint by BD Association. You think those jailbreaker really so smart to root the set? Everybody know a bd or even UHD player which enable BD ISO playback can greatly boost the sale. Dont ask me how real the news of source, up to you believe or not.

Agreed with Pete, Oppo 4k UHD players still one of the better premium players to get for home theater enthusiasts. Don't let this dealership woes deter you from your purchase. Just have to import from China direct I guess...we have a MO segment in this forum, any member can take the lead to do a MO if there is a shortage of supply locally...meanwhile, let's pray that SLT continues to render her support to her existing customers, otherwise hopefully some local dealers like KEC, SD or Peng can take over.

Few bro pm me about the china lobang, im thinking to make a MO for this. But is this allowed as the local dealer is still selling it. Please advise.

Few bro pm me about the china lobang, im thinking to make a MO for this. But is this allowed as the local dealer is still selling it. Please advise.

There is no hard and fast rule...it's a free market out there. But do bear in mind that as a MO organizer, u must specify your terms and conditions clearly to avoid any form of misunderstandings which may inevtiably lead to unhappy endings...hence doing MO is a rather huge undertaking from the part of the organizer but if done right and all the members that joined the MO knows what to expect etc...I dun see any issue with that. But let me state categorically that mods and admin will refrain from meddling or mediate for any unhappy customer service or quality of the products arising from the MO unless there is a criminal aspects to it where police report has been lodged.

Of course, at the end of the day, it is really up to the supplier in China whether they want to sell small quantities or they have already signed a MOU with SLT that no other Singapore based dealer/resellers shall be allowed to sell Oppo players in Singapore mkt. So you may want to check it out first.

Hope this is clear...

Nic responded to me 5 mins ago...and yes indeed, he had left SLT and doing great. He did not respond immediately because of his new work commitment (not going to disclose here as I respect his privacy). Important thing is he is doing great.

As for SLT, he told me the company is still in operation. Hence SLT will continue to be the exclusive distributor for Oppo players here in Singapore. That's all I have to say for now.

Oppo closed the backdoor after complaint by BD Association. You think those jailbreaker really so smart to root the set? Everybody know a bd or even UHD player which enable BD ISO playback can greatly boost the sale. Dont ask me how real the news of source, up to you believe or not.

Yeah, but that shouldn't have any effect on players with the old firmware.  If a firmware was able to be jailbroken last year, that same firmware should be able to be jailbroken right now.  Am I missing something?

Yeah, but that shouldn't have any effect on players with the old firmware.  If a firmware was able to be jailbroken last year, that same firmware should be able to be jailbroken right now.  Am I missing something?

There is two types of available jailbreak now. One is 1229, u cant further go any version beyond this u less u send the set to china jailbreaker flash it with 0329.Its not simple as previous usb jailbreak, require open box and flash via special jig.

Another method is directly buy the set from him with pre-jailbreak with 0329.

Btw,unfortunately there is still no any jailbreak firmware after 0329 which support dolby vision, as this feature was released after june version. For those who fussy with this feature can just keep waiting till the day durian drop...

Okay, the "boss man" himself havr finally responded...I have asked him to make a post here soon to help clarify what actually happened for the last few days...including no answer to phone calls from customers and perhaps to share what he is been busy all these while. Bottom line is, SLT is still very much "alive" ...hopefully this will instil some level of confidence to existing customers here.

By the way, a diy version 103 machine is coming out soon with jailbreak ready. Price at least half price of current used 103D. I may create a MO for it once released.Stay tune.

bro is that the 203 or 103?

We have been talking about the 203 here leh..

A permenantly region free 203 will be nice.

bro is that the 203 or 103?

We have been talking about the 203 here leh..

A permenantly region free 203 will be nice.

Its 103. DIY 203 will be after Apr as the seller still waiting for the chipset.

DIY103 will be full jailbreak version.

Sean also touched base with me...I guess he has been busy and he noted there was an issue with the phone setup where calls went nowhere for a week, but that should be ok now he said.

He seldom gets time to log in here lately and not been in since earlier in the year. Perhaps he will update us later.

SLT without Nic, is a totally useless company..

Nic was a one man show for SLT.

SLT, has no idea of how to run a business..

that's my Frank n honest view on the boss of SLT..

WAKE UP N GET YOUR MARBLES TOGETHER!!

Value your staff..

stop being selfish n thinking about yourself!!

grow up!!