Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Anyone having problems playing this one?

My OPPO won't have a bar of it, sitting here 15min later and still nothing. That's 2 new release movies in the last week or so that simply won't play at all, one from FOX and now this from WB :angry2:

Really starting to get the sh!ts with this BS <_<

Cheers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My OPPO won't have a bar of it, sitting here 15min later and still nothing. That's 2 new release movies in the last week or so that simply won't play at all, one from FOX and now this from WB :angry2:

Cheers

That's no good mate. No probs on my oppo93.

Cheers

No problem on my SONY S350, took about a minute to load though, probably the slowest disc I've found so far.

Cheers

My Oppo 83 stopped responding on a locally purchased HPATDH. Just powered it down with the disc still in and restarted it, then all good. I've found that I'm using this workaround on a few recent releases.

BTW, I'm using the latest official firmware.

My Oppo 83 stopped responding on a locally purchased HPATDH. Just powered it down with the disc still in and restarted it, then all good. I've found that I'm using this workaround on a few recent releases.

Maybe a factor, the HPATDH BD has 110 files in it's stream directory, the last disc I looked at had just 3.

Tried that, didn't work, ended up playing it in the old PS3 that must have firmware at least 2 years old.........go figure.

This one is mixed very heavily into the surrounds, not just on the effects but the music score is really pushed in there.

Cheers

Edited by MACCA350

Yeah, the ending on this one is definitely not fulfilling for the 2 hours spent, it really feels like they chopped the movie in the middle and chucked us the first bone. There's probably an hours worth of mutton filling in there that would have been left on the cutting room floor had they kept it as one movie, and honestly they should have just left it on the floor :rolleyes:

Rather disappointed to be honest, even the kids were loosing interest when the pace drew to a standstill.

Cheers

worked on the sony 5000es. we're only half way through the movie, and so far good pace. I must say audio wise this is a real treat. both from sub and surround steering as well as overall dynamics. picture all the way so far is definitely on the dark side, pretty dr@b.

anyways looking forward to the second half :)

ps yorac, I've not read the books but my wife tells me that theyre ten times better. she although a harry potter fan, has lost a bit of the enthusiasm when the whole it all went a bit dark arts somewhere along the line. she stopped reading the books but has watched all the movies so far. and liking this one to this point as well. though macca your post above doesnt bode well for the rest !

I'm not a fan of these pt 1 pt 2 movies either. but oh well.

anyways audio wise definitely its a treat !

edit good example of the pretty spectacular audio in this movie is when in the forest theyre zapping around the horcrux. you hear it literally hoping around the room. even going past you bouncing to the back right of the sound stage at one part. :o

Yeah, the ending on this one is definitely not fulfilling for the 2 hours spent, it really feels like they chopped the movie in the middle and chucked us the first bone. There's probably an hours worth of mutton filling in there that would have been left on the cutting room floor had they kept it as one movie, and honestly they should have just left it on the floor :rolleyes:

Rather disappointed to be honest, even the kids were loosing interest when the pace drew to a standstill.

Cheers

Agreed. They could have cut it back to 90 minutes & it would have given the story a lot more pace and maybe kept my interest. There was no point in dragging out what is essentially half a story into something over 2 hours long. The slowest & least interesting of the HP flicks to date.

Andys.

We just finished watching, didn't find it overly long, but then we did watch it in 3 sittings..as is our way with movies theses days hehe.

If in one sitting Leah likely feel it drag on a bit. 146 min or nearly 2.5 is way too long for a movie, and no doubt quite a bit of stuff could have been snipped out without hurting the story line.

The ending was like one of the lord of rings movies ended, kinda expected for a part one. Personaly not a big fan of movies that continue on in parts such as this. But what do you do. They're keen to milk this for all it's worth ! :rolleyes: oh well bring on pt 2

They should have renamed it Harry Potter and the Boring Camping Trip

There seemed to be a lot of filler in there, I hope the last one picks up a bit, and it will be a toss up between going to the noisy sticky movies,

or waiting to Octoberish for it to be released on Blu

They should have renamed it Harry Potter and the Boring Camping Trip

There seemed to be a lot of filler in there,

:lol: :lol: :lol: +1...

Some things don't really make sense, and I can't even remember what they are now... But I guess it's coz I havn't read the last book....

worked on the sony 5000es. we're only half way through the movie, and so far good pace. I must say audio wise this is a real treat. both from sub and surround steering as well as overall dynamics. picture all the way so far is definitely on the dark side, pretty dr@b.

anyways looking forward to the second half :)

ps yorac, I've not read the books but my wife tells me that theyre ten times better. she although a harry potter fan, has lost a bit of the enthusiasm when the whole it all went a bit dark arts somewhere along the line. she stopped reading the books but has watched all the movies so far. and liking this one to this point as well. though macca your post above doesnt bode well for the rest !

I'm not a fan of these pt 1 pt 2 movies either. but oh well.

anyways audio wise definitely its a treat !

edit good example of the pretty spectacular audio in this movie is when in the forest theyre zapping around the horcrux. you hear it literally hoping around the room. even going past you bouncing to the back right of the sound stage at one part. :o

My wife also loved the books and while enjoys the movies keeps telling me to read the books as she says they are so much better. Went to see Pt 1 at Gold Class and left feeling as though I had only watched half a movie despite the time. Have the BD but will like yorac save to watch both together most likely, or perhaps a marathon weekend of all of the them when Part 2 comes out.

Wow, I really enjoyed this HP film. I think since the 4th film it is my favourite - I loved the focus on the 3 lead characters, and the journey they went on was really memorable. I never saw it at the cinema, and waited until I blind bought the Blu, having heard some negative reports on the film. I'm not sure if it was my lowered expecations, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Wow, I really enjoyed this HP film. I think since the 4th film it is my favourite - I loved the focus on the 3 lead characters, and the journey they went on was really memorable. I never saw it at the cinema, and waited until I blind bought the Blu, having heard some negative reports on the film. I'm not sure if it was my lowered expecations, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Me too! The whole family enjoyed it more at home last night than at Gold Class on release! The PQ was really good and the sountrack was even better. Great use of surrounds.

Looking forward to Part 2 :)

Me too! The whole family enjoyed it more at home last night than at Gold Class on release! The PQ was really good and the sountrack was even better. Great use of surrounds.

Looking forward to Part 2 :)

Watched last night also and we really enjoyed. Well set up for part 2!

Guest john-andrew
I am looking forward to Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 which comes out on the 15th of April.

I'd wait for a BR package of Parts 1 & 2 in the one box or case. Did you know Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 will be out in the cinemas during the year?

Watched last night also and we really enjoyed. Well set up for part 2!

Yes and to look forward to Part 2 for this year.

Edited by john-andrew