Gladiator Replacement Program....

Hey guys, Hopefully there's not another thread about this, I did search but didn't find anything so...

Universal are offerring a gladiator replacement program where you send your old, 1st edition and they send you the new remastered edition. It's for the movie disc (disc 1) only and it has to be exchanged to the country of purchase. I've read on other forums that some people are not having to send their disc in, they just call up and quote the number on the disc and they will send the disc out to them (I will update on this when I call about my UK discs)

I have emailed the UK and their instructions were:

"If you wish to exchange your original UK purchased DVNR (digital video noise reduction) feature disc we ask that you send us just your disc 1 in an envelope with your name and address enclosed. Please keep your original packaging and we will post you out a new disc 1. "

Here are the contact details:

UK:

Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd

'Gladiator Exchange'

Prospect House

80-110 New Oxford Street

London

WC1A 1HB

Email: enquiriesuk@nbcuni.com

US/Canada:

PHE Mkt c/o Deluxe Media Management

P.O. Box 801464

Valencia, CA 91380-1464

Tel: 888-889-9456

US: phe_customerservice@paramount.com

AUS:

Edit: (thanks Daniel P)

Australian customers can send their original disc 1 to:

Universal Pictures Australia

'Gladiator Exchange'

PO Box 17

Millers Point NSW 2000

Email: upa.enquiries@nbcuni.com

New Zealand customers can send their original disc 1 to:

Attn: Jesse Joseph

Universal Pictures

PO Box 617

Shortland Street

Auckland

Edited by brake

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As was mentioned by a few in the other Gladiator thread, this was an email a few of us received:

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your e-mail. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding Gladiator blu-ray.

Universal Pictures Australia has been pleased with the success of Gladiator on Blu-ray, which has resulted in a high level of customer satisfaction. However, whilst there was no technical fault on the original Blu-ray master, a small number of enthusiasts have expressed a preference towards slight technical alterations. After careful consideration, we have revisited the mastering process to address those concerns.

If you wish to exchange your original DVNR (digital video noise reduction) feature disc we ask that you send us just your disc 1 in an envelope with your name and address enclosed. Please keep your original packaging and we will post you out a new disc 1.

Please note new discs will not be available for approximately 1 month.

'Gladiator Exchange'

PO Box 17

Millers Point NSW 2000

Universal Pictures

PO Box 617

Shortland Street

Auckland

Kind Regards,

Universal Pictures Australasia

Edited by Daniel P

So does anyone know if the Aus disc and UK disc "look" the same as is so often the case?

Could be a lot easier for those that bought from the UK to send to the Aus replacement program rather than back to the UK.......

As was mentioned by a few in the other Gladiator thread, this was an email a few of us received:

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your e-mail. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding Gladiator blu-ray.

Universal Pictures Australia has been pleased with the success of Gladiator on Blu-ray, which has resulted in a high level of customer satisfaction. However, whilst there was no technical fault on the original Blu-ray master, a small number of enthusiasts have expressed a preference towards slight technical alterations. After careful consideration, we have revisited the mastering process to address those concerns.

If you wish to exchange your original DVNR (digital video noise reduction) feature disc we ask that you send us just your disc 1 in an envelope with your name and address enclosed. Please keep your original packaging and we will post you out a new disc 1.

Please note new discs will not be available for approximately 1 month.

'Gladiator Exchange'

PO Box 17

Millers Point NSW 2000

Universal Pictures

PO Box 617

Shortland Street

Auckland

Kind Regards,

Universal Pictures Australasia

Good to know!

Lol, dissappearing arrows and there's no issue with it? What a wank...

So does anyone know if the Aus disc and UK disc "look" the same as is so often the case?

Could be a lot easier for those that bought from the UK to send to the Aus replacement program rather than back to the UK.......

I've contacted UK and they said that the AUS discs have to be sent to AUS and the UK to UK. Basically the same country it was purchased from. Assuming the discs are identical, I don't see why that wouldn't work, do you want to post up some pictures of your AUS disc and I'll do the same with my UK disc when I get home? type down that little number on the inside ring of the disc too...

Anyone in Australia got the US Gladiator Sapphire BluRay replaced? Do they offer exchange to oversea buyers and need to send the disc back?

Shoot them an email, I'm 99% sure they do. The UK does so why wouldn't the US?

I've contacted UK and they said that the AUS discs have to be sent to AUS and the UK to UK. Basically the same country it was purchased from. Assuming the discs are identical, I don't see why that wouldn't work, do you want to post up some pictures of your AUS disc and I'll do the same with my UK disc when I get home? type down that little number on the inside ring of the disc too...

Sorry, mine's the UK disc too, which was why I was asking if the Aus one was the same..... :P

Anyone in Australia got the US Gladiator Sapphire BluRay replaced? Do they offer exchange to oversea buyers and need to send the disc back?

yeah they do, i have sent mine off today.

yeah they do, i have sent mine off today.

Thank you. I remember the last recall of POTC only needs to provide the code on disc. I just bought the local Robin Hood/Gladiator combo anyway so I think I will keep both versions instead.

Thank you. I remember the last recall of POTC only needs to provide the code on disc. I just bought the local Robin Hood/Gladiator combo anyway so I think I will keep both versions instead.

yeah thats right, i code on my disc was NA13081B1R1, which is the original release.

they required that before giving me the postal address to send it to.

Edited by Guest

Got my replacement copy from UK yesterday. Took between 3 - 4 wks all up. Had a quick look & definately worth doing imo.

thanks for the update!

BTW, i popped into Aus post and asked them how much it would cost to send a disc to london, i grabbed one of those little cd mailers too, they weighed it and said $6.00

thanks for the update!

BTW, i popped into Aus post and asked them how much it would cost to send a disc to london, i grabbed one of those little cd mailers too, they weighed it and said $6.00

I cheated and just put mine in a plain envelope with the note wrapped around it. Sent it for standard overseas rates of $2.20. Was US exchange not UK though.

Edited by bbar