The Song Game

gortnipper;165711 wrote:
All it takes is for the delivery guy to let them heat up in a car/van while laying funny...

What, they're not transported in climate controlled containers, held alloft by a bed of the finest goose feathers? That's what I'd expect a $40 a pop :P

In all seriousness though, that is a good point. I wonder who is taking the hit when they are returned then?

Sorry, I thought I posted the previous comment/rant in the vinyl thread, it was probably better suited there.

dsan;165712 wrote:
What, they're not transported in climate controlled containers, held alloft by a bed of the finest goose feathers? That's what I'd expect a $40 a pop
:P

In all seriousness though, that is a good point. I wonder who is taking the hit when they are returned then?

Sorry, I thought I posted the previous comment/rant in the vinyl thread, it was probably better suited there.

personally I like to get my hands , eyes & ears on a record before I let go of my hard earned cash .

second hand is the way to go , 70s vinyl is gold! (+ the music is way better :) )

My last few days:

The Eagles - Hell freezes over

Queen - the works

Duran Duran - Wedding album

Roxy Music - Flesh and Blood

John Adorney - Waiting for the moon

Mythos - Eternity

Pink Floyd - a Foot in the door - best of

Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe.

jcooze;166174 wrote:
Tonight has been a night of contrasts:

Dirt Farmer - Levon Helm (just beautiful)

All Star Revue - Spike Jones (just mayhem)

Dirt Farmer is a favourite of mine do you have it on Vinyl or CD?

kiwizig;166178 wrote:
Dirt Farmer is a favourite of mine do you have it on Vinyl or CD?

Is there a verb for the action of creating a FLAC from a CD?

I've FLACced it! :)

I may well get the LP later, as I'm enjoying it. There's a lovely vulnerability in the fraility of Levon's voice. You can hear Dixie or Evangaline there but you can hear his age too.

jcooze;166179 wrote:
Is there a verb for the action of creating a FLAC from a CD?

I've FLACced it!
:)

I may well get the LP later, as I'm enjoying it. There's a lovely vulnerability in the fraility of Levon's voice. You can hear Dixie or Evangaline there but you can hear his age too.

The vinyl goes for big bucks only 500 were pressed. I have been trying to win one on ebay but they end up going for US$200+. Hopefully it will be reissued soon.

gjm;166243 wrote:
I was wondering if there was a 'what I'm listening to now' thread!

Suzanne Vega's 'Solitude Standing' - I think S1T1 is superb.

Mellow Candles - 'Swaddling Songs'

Jem - 'Finally Woken' (I really like this album)

Mellow Candles - Swaddling Songs is a fantastic album if you like folk. More people should now about it.