Mvix Ultiopro All-in-one Solution?

Hi, have been looking for a All-In-One PVR/NAS/NETWORKED MEDIA setup and i think this may be it:

PVR

Record Foxtel

MEdia Hub

PS: will this unit work in Aus as is?

Dont know about a pvr ; no rf in on the back panel ;no tuners mentioned in the specs ;) .Just takes a dc plug pack looking at the back ..

Power Input: Universal AC 100~230V 50Hz, DC (Worldwide Compatibility)

Dont know about a pvr ; no rf in on the back panel ;no tuners mentioned in the specs ;) .Just takes a dc plug pack looking at the back ..

Thansk for that, good pickup, i just seen "PVR" recording and assumed.

What a feature to leave out, otherwise it would be perfect.

Can anyone suggest an All-In-One unit?

Analogue In for FOXTEL

Dual DTV tuners

Networked (NAS)

MEdia Hub

or do i have to get a PVR/NETWORKED media player and a NAS seperate?

Thanks.

or do i have to get a PVR/NETWORKED media player and a NAS seperate?
Yes this is a far better approach unless you build a HTPC. Otherwise, the Toppy 2400 and Beyonwiz units are the go, or you could buy a separate media player and separate PVR.

Yes this is a far better approach unless you build a HTPC. Otherwise, the Toppy 2400 and Beyonwiz units are the go, or you could buy a separate media player and separate PVR.

So if i got a NAS and a PVR, what PVR's would play all my media files (can they do that) from the NAS? or do PVR's only play a limited amount of formats?

What about a Beyonwiz DP2? does it work as a media player?

Thanks.

The Beyonwiz models play many (not all) video formats. They can stream them off a NAS.

ATM, Topfield can only play files copied to the internal HDD

If you want the best of both world's, you need dedicated devices.

Just purcahsed a CISCO MEDIA HUB NMH 405, for $149.00 great bit of kit.

now to get a networked PVR.

Cheers.

Hi,

Would be interested in knowing where you got this. I am looking for such a device onto which I can load music files and connect it to the home network and which could then feed my Yamaha RX-V3900 which is also connected to the network. The Yamaha has an auxiliary power outlet which would switch on the NAS when I switch on the Yamaha.

Any comments on this solution to providing music files to the Yamaha (without having to start a computer) would be appreciated.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

my stb is dying so i have been researching into media players with dual tv tuners - so far AC Ryan DVR tops my list as it seems to have good reviews, stable and does most things. the other worth a look is DVico 6640N great player but have read reviews indicating its buggy and tuner has issues when recording (freezing).....