Black Friday Usa - 27 November 09

Can you divulge the $ factor?

I'm on 2 at around $AU 200 (11 discs), but have the option to change/cancel with the inclusion of a pre-order. It's obvious we love a sale/bargain :D The Matrix digibook, Cars giftpack and Batman Begins LE, all standing out as real value with several being fitting replacements for my HD DVD's.

I prefer not to think how much $ I have spent, but rather how much $ I am saving by getting into the deals this week :)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you divulge the $ factor?

I'm on 2 at around $AU 200 (11 discs), but have the option to change/cancel with the inclusion of a pre-order. It's obvious we love a sale/bargain :D The Matrix digibook, Cars giftpack and Batman Begins LE, all standing out as real value with several being fitting replacements for my HD DVD's.

US $501

Anyone who is after the amazon Monsters vs. Aliens $9.99 lightning deal better be quick because stock it is allready 22% gone only 15 mins. into the offer.

Is Monsters v Aliens region free? I'm pretty sure it is just wanting to check. Thanks.

Guys. I have a stupid question.

I want to buy Season 1 and 2 of 'Mad Men'.

Unfortunately as it is made by Lion's Gate, the Blu-Ray version is locked for Australia.

If I order the regular DVD version from Amazon, will it play in my Australian PS3?

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Men-Season-Jon-H...9503&sr=8-1

Both season 1 and 2 of Mad Men on bluray are region free. They play perfectly well on my Australian PS3. They're fantastic releases, too. Everything from the presentation, the extras and, of course, the content is top notch.

In everyone's experience, what is the best shipping option from Amazon?

I'm about to place an order for 8 Blu-Ray discs and the options are as follows:

Standard: $28.91 (6 discs to arrive by December 24 and 2 to arrive by early Feb)

Expedited: $45.91 (6 disc to arrive by December 24 and 2 to arrive by January 12)

Priority: $61.91 (6 discs to arrive by December 7 and 2 to arrive by December 22)

Would be nice to have these by Christmas, but that's a lot of shipping!

Standard: $28.91 (6 discs to arrive by December 24 and 2 to arrive by early Feb)

Expedited: $45.91 (6 disc to arrive by December 24 and 2 to arrive by January 12)

Priority: $61.91 (6 discs to arrive by December 7 and 2 to arrive by December 22)

In my experience, Expedited means in reality that the staff at Amazon will deliver your goods to the post office really quickly, but still send it Standard anyway.

It never seems to arrive any quicker

I would just go with the standard one, I saw some where that expedited can take as long as standard anyway.

This is a tricky one. Lately, my standards have been arriving in 21 - 24 days. Expedited about 17 - 21 Priority is super fast, but super expensive on small orders. If your going for a bulk buy, should be the way to go. My last order was priority courier. Left the US on the 23rd. Awaiting dispatch from the outer Melbourne courier depot as I write. Good luck.

Guys. I have a stupid question.

I want to buy Season 1 and 2 of 'Mad Men'.

Unfortunately as it is made by Lion's Gate, the Blu-Ray version is locked for Australia.

If I order the regular DVD version from Amazon, will it play in my Australian PS3?

http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Men-Season-Jon-H...9503&sr=8-1

also - where did you see that MAD MEN is REGION LOCKED ????

As far as I can see with googling this - its all region free. somewhat confused.