Samsung 6,7,8,9 Series Differences?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am looking at getting a Samsung LA46B650,

Seems to offer everything I need- are people happy with their purchases?

Are there problems associated with this panel?

Havn't found too many reviews as such.

Cheers.

I'm loving mine mate, it handles sport better than I could have hoped for.

Off axis viewing can be average, and speakers are bellow par, but who uses the tv's speakers when watching movies anyway?

I would definately recommend this tv.

Question: The LED edge-lit series 7,8 both have USB 2.0, right? Do they play DivX and HD DivX? Not via streaming but off the USB.

Given the A series 7, 8 and 9 all play divx etc the B series certainly do...from the USB port and streaming over DLNA via the ethernet port. I think the B series may handle a few more codecs but mine will do HD versions of several inc MP4 and PS in MP4, MPG and AVI containers.

I am in the process of trying to find which HD container/encoder will give me small enough files to load on my external USB HDD (FAT32 file limitation) and still be obviously HD quality...so I don't have to stoke up the BD player....anyway that is a work in progress...all the divx files on the ext HDD work fine.

Graeme

Anyone got any comments/opinions on the differences between the S6 and S7 panels (normal LCD, not the new LED ones), specifically with regards to aspects like PQ and viewing angles? I'm looking at getting a 40" or 46" panel, but after ringing around for prices this morning, it seems that the Series 7's have been discontinued... Is it worth going to the trouble of tracking down a S7 for a few hundred more, or would people just recommend the series 6? It's all very confusing!