Just to finish this subject off: Has anyone here used the Two Blu-ray Titles for £15 Offer successfully. They're now telling me that the two titles chosen have to add up to £15 after the VAT has been removed, which basically means that we here in Australia can only get it if we choose two films that cost almost £18 together (taking off VAT will keep it above £15), so that just about rules out half the films on the list.

What if u buy 4?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted Amazon UK about this, and after checking my order, they told me to go ahead and if the discount wasn't applied automatically, I was to let them know and they would do it manually at their end. I put it through but no discount, so I contacted them again, only to be told by a different person that it was my mistake, and the promotion discount wouldn't be applied, even though the first person had assured me it would.

In my experience, NEVER take those Amazon Customer service people and their words seriously!

They are trained to deal with routine issues NOT adhoc problems.

That does not sound right given they have a list of 92 qualifying titles.

I know. Perhaps they should make it clear that there are some instances when certain films chosen as a pair will not allow you to claim the discount. It would also help if the VAT issue was explained up-front for non-UK residents. It would also help if the Amazon staff fully understood the offer and didn't give out faulty information - ie telling me that I was eligible for the promotion in the first place with the films I had picked.

What if u buy 4?

As far as I can tell they will be treated as two pair. If you buy two titles at a higher price and two at a lower, then just make sure that both pairs are over £18 in value to allow for the removal of VAT. Strange that they include the removal of VAT in this instance, but not in the free delivery offer for items totalling more than £25.

In my experience, NEVER take those Amazon Customer service people and their words seriously!

They are trained to deal with routine issues NOT adhoc problems.

So it would seem. When I dealt with the second person I included all the assurances given to me by the first person (who had examined my order and told me I was eligible for the discount), but it was obvious they hadn't even read what he had told me.

still waiting on one from the 12th May ... maybe next week it will arrive....

Has your order arrived yet tonyjg??

I also have an order that dispatched on May 12th and is currently MIA....

Was shipped via Royal Mail too.... this is the longest I've waited from Amazon UK (via Royal Mail)

Has your order arrived yet tonyjg??

I also have an order that dispatched on May 12th and is currently MIA....

Was shipped via Royal Mail too.... this is the longest I've waited from Amazon UK (via Royal Mail)

yep - it arrived last nite (after one of the wettest days here for a long while).

ALIEN Qualwhatever - amaray case ~

THE GODFATHER flicks - both still sealed :)

Got my package of 4 shipped 21 May today. 13 days is considered normal I think. But still waiting for 1 disc sent on 16 May. Will it generally take longer for 1 disc post as letter compare to a small box?

Finally received my 1 disc today. Took 21 days and 1 day before estimate. Longest I have waited from UK.

Big contrast in my recent 2 orders with free shipping both via Royal Mail.

First order dispatched 06/04/11 received 13/04/11 - quickest ever.

Second order dispatched 17/05/11 received 06/06/11 - slowest ever.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried putting in another order. I normally get my movies shipped to my work, as im never home during the day etc. We've recently changed offices fromm Springvale to Keysborough (VIC), and now I get this message "We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. " This item = all items.

What gives? Everything about the address is filled out normally otherwise.

Just tried putting in another order. I normally get my movies shipped to my work, as im never home during the day etc. We've recently changed offices fromm Springvale to Keysborough (VIC), and now I get this message "We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. " This item = all items.

What gives? Everything about the address is filled out normally otherwise.

Customer service helped me out. 1 CD in the basket somehow made it so the rest appeared on the "would not ship" list. Removed it and it went through. Kind of annoying though.

pre orders

got 3 items order

one in stock, the others due end august / early september

it got me the free shipping :D

email this morn, one of the items has had it's release date changed to end of october

so i wait, and wait, and wait

shame, i was looking forward to watching Red RidingHood

Hi Folks

Just received my copy of Paul "triple play" but there were only 2 discs in the case.

the Blu-ray and the digital copy discs. now I probably would not watch the DVD anyway,

but I believe if they advertise triple play they should send the 3 discs.

I have sent a please explain email, so hoping for a positive reply.

Regards

Hi Folks

Just received my copy of Paul "triple play" but there were only 2 discs in the case.

the Blu-ray and the digital copy discs. now I probably would not watch the DVD anyway,

but I believe if they advertise triple play they should send the 3 discs.

I have sent a please explain email, so hoping for a positive reply.

Regards

I thought it was digital copy one side and DVD the other?

I thought it was digital copy one side and DVD the other?

Hi bbar

Decided to place the extra disc in my PC and found that the DVD (Audio_TS and Video_TS folders)

are on it along with digital copy files.

All have been place on the same side of the disc, just in different folders.

I guess Amazon UK will put me straight.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

got my PIRATES TRILOGY in the mail this evening..

WHAT A RIP OFF !!!

NO BONUS FEATURES !!!!

MOVIES ONLY - BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Amazon's UK site does say only 3 discs, so they would have to drop something from the 7 disc US release.

The previous Trilogy that they no longer stock themselves does say 6 discs.

I think it is deceptive not to make it clearer on the product itself that it is a bare-bones version.

Well, Amazon's UK site does say only 3 discs, so they would have to drop something from the 7 disc US release.

The previous Trilogy that they no longer stock themselves does say 6 discs.

I think it is deceptive not to make it clearer on the product itself that it is a bare-bones version.

have you ever relied on the Amazon specs for anything ??? oh well..... just have to keep the DVDs for the extras.

anyway... I'm DONE !! The curse of the cheap Amazon UK stuff - I've had TOO MUCH drop onto my doorstop over the past few weeks :) The Pacific, The Exorcist, Prince of Persia arrived today... that's my last order for a while... too much to watch... too little time :)

needing some help - where is the blu-ray anonymous club again ?

Edited by tonyjg

Hi bbar

Decided to place the extra disc in my PC and found that the DVD (Audio_TS and Video_TS folders)

are on it along with digital copy files.

All have been place on the same side of the disc, just in different folders.

I guess Amazon UK will put me straight.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

No worries

Just placed an order with Amazon for 4 titles, all currently in stock, but not expected to be shipped until 4 July.

Upon asking why the delay in shipping in-stock titles, this is Amazon's reply, which doesn't actually respond to the question but is interesting nonetheless:

In order to your query, I had gone through your order #202............. and found that the item "Scent of a Woman [blu-ray][Region Free]" is dispatched an sold by Amazon's Preferred Merchant, Indigostarfish.com.

In this case, As you are an International customer, I can say that the Amazon's Preferred Merchant, Indigostarfish.com, do not sell or deliver the goods to International customers.

Amazon's Preferred Merchant, Indigostarfish.com, is a Jersey-based merchant offering to supply goods to UK customers exclusive of VAT, via the Amazon.co.uk website. Items will be supplied by way of personal import and ownership of the Goods will transfer to you on dispatch of the Goods from Jersey. Orders placed with Indigostarfish.com are subject to the Indigostarfish.com Terms & Conditions.

If you order an item that is messaged as "Items for dispatch to UK will be sold by Amazon's Preferred Merchant." for delivery to an address within the UK you are placing your order with Indigostarfish.com and your item will be shipped from Jersey. Indigostarfish.com orders can only be delivered to UK addresses (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and all BFPO addresses).

If you order an item that is messaged as "Items for dispatch to UK will be sold by Amazon's Preferred Merchant." for dispatch to anywhere other than the UK, you are placing your order with Amazon.co.uk. If the item is not in stock at the time of purchase with Amazon.co.uk it will be dispatched as soon as it comes into stock. This will be subject to Amazon.co.uk's terms and conditions, and the appropriate VAT charges for the destination country will be added to the cost of the order.

I suppose what they mean is that Indigostarfish deliver items to Amazon and they in turn deliver to the customer, so there is an extra turnaround delay.

I appreciate the information though, as Amazon have merely stated in the past that Indigostarfish do not supply to international customers, yet we still managed to get the goods.

I don't want to tell Amazon that I still get VAT taken off the Indigostarfish prices: Ssshhhhh!