Panasonic Th-p50g10a

Picked up my new TV last night and got it home and set it up in a flash. Gotta say that I was blown away with picture quality but dare I say I may have purchased a TV too big for my living room! Another toy I bought to go with the TV is a WD TV (basically a media player) and used that with the TV and was so surprised to see how well that works with the TV. I don't have any Blu Ray devices yet but am working on getting some Blu Ray movies to play through the WD TV to see how they look.

Once again, thanks to all the advice on these forums, I am extremely happy with my purchase and look forward to watching the footy tonight in HD!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a look at this unit yesterday and it looked good. Still 3K up here in Toowoomba so I might wait a while, one of the sales guys told me there was an 'S' model coming out soon which was the same thing but thinner.

As for calibrating these things is there a link someone can point me to?

Cheers

What's the difference between the G series and the S series coming out in a few weeks and the Z series a few weeks after that?

I know the S series is cheaper than the G series but do they have less features or worse picture quality?

Cheers

What's the difference between the G series and the S series coming out in a few weeks and the Z series a few weeks after that?

I know the S series is cheaper than the G series but do they have less features or worse picture quality?

Cheers

S-series does not have NeoPDP tech (nor 600Hz processing), basically the S has "inferior" picture.

My recommendation, do not purchase an S, the G is only a little bit more expensive and is well worth the extra cost.

Dennis.

X S G V Z <-- order of Pana's TVs.

G is the pick of them for now until Pana releases pricings for the last 2. If you were after one now/soonish (ie within a month), then go the G - pricing onthat model isn't too bad and there's a few in stock to go around.

Back in April, Pana rep told me that V and Z were Aug-Sept launches. If you look on Pana's websites, he seems about right.

OK cheers, I'm happy to wait, even until xmas to get the right price and the effect of the higher dollar. So I'm assuming the V and Z will be better than the G?

Either way I'm happy with the G from what i've seen so the release of the V and the Z should force the price of the G down even more......

It's theory anyway. ;)

OK cheers, I'm happy to wait, even until xmas to get the right price and the effect of the higher dollar. So I'm assuming the V and Z will be better than the G?

Either way I'm happy with the G from what i've seen so the release of the V and the Z should force the price of the G down even more......

It's theory anyway. ;)

AFAIK the V series is pretty much identical to the G series, but is THX certified and a few other small additions. Depends if it'll be worth the extra $$$. The Z series will probably be a lot more expensive and have a media box where you plug all your stuff into which then by wireless transmits to the panel. Good if you want to hang it on the wall and not have cords everywhere.

Picked up my new TV last night and got it home and set it up in a flash. Gotta say that I was blown away with picture quality but dare I say I may have purchased a TV too big for my living room!

I don't believe there's such a thing as too big!

Just been to the Myer stocktake sale. and the g10 has a ticket price of $2800.....

I'm going to get one tonight as they have quoted me $2800 including 3 year warranty.

Salesman was very friendly but not pushy and was making a point tha Myer would have the most competitive prices compared to the others.....

Just been to the Myer stocktake sale. and the g10 has a ticket price of $2800.....

I'm going to get one tonight as they have quoted me $2800 including 3 year warranty.

That's a great deal with the 2 years warranty thrown in. I might play hardball and just rock up with the card and say "i want that for $2700 - i'll pay right now".

Edited by Recusant

Okies, bit the bullet and got on yesterday $2950 with 5 years warranty ($2700 without, I should get about $300 for the Wii making it $2650 with 5 years warranty), loving it. You can definitely see the difference between HD an SD sources and while haven't put the time into setting it up 'just right' yet it still looks pretty good to me. (I'm not a professional vid critic though.. ;) )

Edited by Director

Hi All,

I was in a HN store yesterday and they had the TH-P50G10A on display, and I must say I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the pic. I have been a fan of the 800A for a long time and was looking at picking up it's newer and better replacement. But after seeing it in the flesh I started having second thoughts.

I am going to mainly use it for sports with the odd Blu Ray movie, so I would love if some people who have this latest model up and running can comment on the picture quality, particular for sport.

I am thinking it was just the way HN had it setup, but would appreciate some real life experience.

Thanks heaps.

I am going to mainly use it for sports with the odd Blu Ray movie, so I would love if some people who have this latest model up and running can comment on the picture quality, particular for sport.

I'm not a sports fan at all but I have to admit that i watched some AFL and Rugby yesterday in HD and it looked bloody fantastic.

Hi All,

I was in a HN store yesterday and they had the TH-P50G10A on display, and I must say I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the pic. I have been a fan of the 800A for a long time and was looking at picking up it's newer and better replacement. But after seeing it in the flesh I started having second thoughts.

I am thinking it was just the way HN had it setup, but would appreciate some real life experience.

Thanks heaps.

mate, I am am in the same boat as you...but the 46 G10 has got me hooked even more! All games / sport on OneHD look EXCELLENT...

I'm now the proud owner of the 50G and I gotta say I'm L O V I N G it! Movies, sport.....everything looks great! AND, I know that Panasonic will look after me if the proverbial hits the fan. This model was a 'no questions asked' replacement for my previous faulty model. Better after sales service than the S*****g customers on this forum.....

I'm now the proud owner of the 50G and I gotta say I'm L O V I N G it! Movies, sport.....everything looks great! AND, I know that Panasonic will look after me if the proverbial hits the fan. This model was a 'no questions asked' replacement for my previous faulty model. Better after sales service than the S*****g customers on this forum.....

You must be one of the lucky ones....many not so fortunate have experienced the other side of Pana's Customer Service wheel of fortune.

Really? I haven't had an issue. And I've never seen a comment or post on here showing Panasonic customer service in a negative light. At least, not Pana Australia. Mind you I've only been on this forum a couple of months now..... Some of the US sites aren't so warm and fuzzy on them

Guest Subteranea
here is the receipt from Myer

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1029/myer50g10axxx.jpg

yet to put it through its paces but slowly breaking in now...

now for the bonus Wii...

PS : My other receipt shows entries of $399 for Ext warranty and $45 for delivery of the P50G10A.. total of $2800

How long was the extended warranty please? I'm off to Myers tomorrow to order mine :D Thanks for the receipt and details.

Guest Subteranea
How long was the extended warranty please? I'm off to Myers tomorrow to order mine :D Thanks for the receipt and details.

So I went armed with the copy of the receipt posted to Myers. The very unhelpful lady looked up the price on her computer. The deal that you got was below cost so she blanked me and moved on to the next person trying to relieve their wallet.....

So I went of to JBHifi and the guy was very helpful. He looked up the price and again the deal was well below their buy price. He went and asked him manager who gave a firm "no way" He then phoned his mate at Dick Smiths who he said tend to get better cost prices than JB on Pana's) and their buy price for the G10A was $2895 at DS's (I heard the conversation). However he did say that they were doing very good deals right now and the manager may bend.

Sooooo, I trecked up to Dick Smiths and presented the receipt and asked what deal they could do. I told him I wanted to pay $2800 including the extra 4 year warranty. The sales guy was very pleasant. He disappeared for a few minutes and returned saying they can match the deal.

So I ended up paying $2800 for the TH-P50G10A with and extra 4 yrs warranty (plus $60 delivery). I get it on Wednesday.

Thanks for all your posts in this thread. If anyone wants a copy of my receipt to bargain with, drop me a line.

hey sub,

tried to pm you but the system said you could not accept em.

was wondering if you could possibly send me the receipt, i saw the myer one and its not that legible..... if you cant .. the store that you got it from?... :D

thanks in advance