Top Gear

aztec

http://www.nrmaboxoffice.showbiz.com.au/Ti...p%20Gear%20Live

TOP GEAR (UK) LIVE IN AUSTRALIA:

Sydney Acer Arena Feb 5, 09

For the first time in Australia, Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond will present Top Gear Live, the most spectacular LIVE motoring theatre show in the universe from February 5th - 8th at the Acer Arena.

Top Gear Live features breath-taking stunts, amazing special effects and blockbusting driving sequences with some of the worlds best precision drivers. This experience is one car enthusiasts wont forget.

Top Gear Live combines an action-packed 75 minute live version of the internationally acclaimed and multi award-winning BBC TV series Top Gear (showing on SBS in Australia). Fans can join Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond with their irreverent approach to motoring and humour, awesome super cars, crazy stunts and the smell of burning rubber. Top Gear Live is set to take live theatre to a ground breaking new level. Or crash attempting it.

"Weve turned your motoring television show into the most spectacular motoring theatre show in the universe. Well be taking all the best bits of Top Gear, and ambitiously attempting them live in our action arena." Jeremy Clarkson

TOP GEAR PRESTIGE LOUNGE

Diamond seats with the best views of the action

Two hour pre-show cocktail function

Special guest MC

VIP fast-track entry to the backstage paddock where you will see all the behind-the-scenes activity in the motoring showroom.

Package price $495pp

Available Friday 6 February 8pm & Saturday 7 February 2pm & 8pm shows only

TOP GEAR PREMIERE NIGHT PRE- AND POST-SHOW PARTY

Exclusive post-show appearance by Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond

Pre- and post-show opening night cocktail function including canapes and beverages

Diamond seats with the best views of the action

VIP fast-track entry to the backstage paddock where you will see all the behind-the-scenes activity in the motoring showroom

Souvenir program

Package price $660 pp

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20s not big enough for you. :lol:

nah i need fooly sik 24"'s with like 2mm of rubber between the rim and road so i can feel if the ants are circumcised or not hahahaha..

nah just jokes, i'd stay with 20's but get some very tidy (and $$!) racing harts/simmons/volks or something that are a bit more unique than the stockers

Well watched the recording of episode 5, interesting to see how its all pulled together. A good sized audience was present and I must say the participation of the audience seems to be improving as does the performance of the guys on the show. Worth a look if you can get a hold of a ticket, be ready for about 3 hours of standing up though.

I've watched the first three episodes of Aussie Top Gear, hoping for an improvement--I've been disappointed--they've all been crap--about 10% as good as the UK show.

I mean, last week, the "bowling" segment with the Astra was just plain childish, & the segment with a supercharged Toyota Ute getting beaten by a horse--well--just more stupidity.

As far as superchargers are concerned, they seem to be the way to go these days don't they? I was at a Dyno day the other day, & just about every other car had one- & the LS1/2/3 powered cars do not have any reliability problems. I was talking to a guy with a Monaro recently, who'd done 50k supercharged ks with no dramas at all, & a mate of mine just fitted one to his VE Maloo ute, plus a baby cam--he got 386RWKW.

As for the W427, well it mightn't be for everyone, buit it's a great car. I know three people who've bought one, & they're VERY happy indeed. Money doesn't come into it for the majority of W427 buyers--whether it's worth it, or not, is irrelevant to them--they just want to own the fastest & most powerful car yet made in Aus. But, if you want to go faster, you can!!--the big 7 litre engine is very under stressed-my friend has already fitted a different camshaft, & with a tune, achieved another 60 RWKW-& it still idles like a stockie!!

Some think the W427 is "just a Commodore with a big engine"!----and so it is, BUT the fact is, that the rest of the car has been totally re-engineered by HSV, over a 2 year period, to make the car what it is. But of course that will not be enough to convince some people, & a car like this is always going to have its dertractors--which will be of absolutely no consequence, to very happy owners!.

Cheers, GTO.

I've watched the first three episodes of Aussie Top Gear, hoping for an improvement--I've been disappointed--they've all been crap--about 10% as good as the UK show.

I mean, last week, the "bowling" segment with the Astra was just plain childish, & the segment with a supercharged Toyota Ute getting beaten by a horse--well--just more stupidity.

As far as superchargers are concerned, they seem to be the way to go these days don't they? I was at a Dyno day the other day, & just about every other car had one- & the LS1/2/3 powered cars do not have any reliability problems. I was talking to a guy with a Monaro recently, who'd done 50k supercharged ks with no dramas at all, & a mate of mine just fitted one to his VE Maloo ute, plus a baby cam--he got 386RWKW.

As for the W427, well it mightn't be for everyone, buit it's a great car. I know three people who've bought one, & they're VERY happy indeed. Money doesn't come into it for the majority of W427 buyers--whether it's worth it, or not, is irrelevant to them--they just want to own the fastest & most powerful car yet made in Aus. But, if you want to go faster, you can!!--the big 7 litre engine is very under stressed-my friend has already fitted a different camshaft, & with a tune, achieved another 60 RWKW-& it still idles like a stockie!!

Some think the W427 is "just a Commodore with a big engine"!----and so it is, BUT the fact is, that the rest of the car has been totally re-engineered by HSV, over a 2 year period, to make the car what it is. But of course that will not be enough to convince some people, & a car like this is always going to have its dertractors--which will be of absolutely no consequence, to very happy owners!.

Cheers, GTO.

Where does your friend drive his W427? Does he risk the speed cameras? With all that power on tap does he take it on a track for an occasional spurt?

BTW there is a movie with a character in it who is just known as GTO!. What do you reckon it is about?

I've watched and TOP Gear OZ episodes to date hoping it would improve, and to my mind is still awful, my mates feel the same as I do as well. The presenters try to be funny but are not, no charisma there in any shape or form, and the small guy needs a complete makeover, boy does he get up my nose. No more for me.

Edited by EZYHD

I've been hoping TG Australia would slowly grow on me too but, although I find the hosts slightly less irritating (especially the little one), I could easily wipe it from my recording schedule and without a thought apart from a lingering suspicion I might miss a small gem. As it is I'm inclined to 'ad-jump' through the really boring bits. The same cannot be said for TG UK. I can hardly wait for its return to the BBC in about 8 days.

Where does your friend drive his W427? Does he risk the speed cameras? With all that power on tap does he take it on a track for an occasional spurt?

BTW there is a movie with a character in it who is just known as GTO!. What do you reckon it is about?

The three guys I know just love their 427s-one of them has a track car, but no, none of them are "stupid" on public roads-owning & driving the car, is good enough.

A bit like a powerful "top shelf" A/V system or Stereo I guess,--it's nice to know you've got the best--but you don't have to use it to its full capacity to enjoy it.

Sorry, I don't know who "GTO" is---what is the name of the movie?

Talking about cars--the Monaro Nationals are on at Ballarat this w/e--over 250 Monaros on display from all over Aus on Saturday--would be well worth a look if you're into this sort of stuff. Check the Monaro Club of Vic website for full details.

Cheers, GTO.

What makes UK show entertaining that they dont worry about being too PC or making the car companys happy & I think the Aussie version just plays it too 'safe'. As has been said the whole track think looks just cheapas**ed and for godness sake why they copied the "has-been in a crap car segment" is beyond me!

I'm also one of the rare car enthusiasts who has no interest whatsoever Ford vs Holden so thats not going to keep me watching.

Foxtail has hit the nail on the head 100% for me

I've watched and TOP Gear OZ episodes to date hoping it would improve, and to my mind is still awful, my mates feel the same as I do as well. The presenters try to be funny but are not, no charisma there in any shape or form, and the small guy needs a complete makeover, boy does he get up my nose. No more for me.

I really TRIED to like this show but it is just plain boring ....so Im switching off to watch something else on monday nights.

Maybe there's a bit of hope!

I watched the 4th show (Audi R8), & whilst it still wasn't even close to the UK show, I thought this one was an improvement--the presenters didn't seem to be "trying too hard", seemed to be more relaxed, & there was even a bit of sense in their car reviews--particularly the BMW 135.

Surely it can't be that hard?

Cheers, GTO.

I watched the 4th show (Audi R8), & whilst it still wasn't even close to the UK show, I thought this one was an improvement--the presenters didn't seem to be "trying too hard", seemed to be more relaxed, & there was even a bit of sense in their car reviews--particularly the BMW 135.

Cheers, GTO.

agree the BMW was a good review, probably the first. However doing donuts in the R8 was a bit lame. I just dont like that bloke. His jokes are contrived and simply not funny. I know its hard comparing to Clarkson the master but thats the game.

Cheers, GTO.

Well I watched that episode being recorded live and I agree that they were more relaxed during the filming even though they had there fair share of retakes.

That said I am currently watching the last series of the UK version and as usual it's an absolute scream (even my daughter gets a laugh out of it). They really are true masters of the art, which is not just a reflection on how long they have been doing the show together but on there underlying talent.

It has been interesting to watch the reaction of my youngest son (aged 10) when comparing the Aus version to the UK, he has lost interest pretty much with the Aus version but watches the UK version from start to finish with no problems.

Edited by Riv39

Well I watched that episode being recorded live and I agree that they were more relaxed during the filming even though they had there fair share of retakes.

That said I am currently watching the last series of the UK version and as usual it's an absolute scream (even my daughter gets a laugh out of it). They really are true masters of the art, which is not just a reflection on how long they have been doing the show together but on there underlying talent.

It has been interesting to watch the reaction of my youngest son (aged 10) when comparing the Aus version to the UK, he has lost interest pretty much with the Aus version but watches the UK version from start to finish with no problems.

Completetly agree,

I was at the filming of episode 6 (next weeks episode) and the amount of take was ridiculus.

Tho, for some reason i keep watching and watching, hoping they will 'create their own style', and hopefully it will become enjoyable to watch.

I admit, it will never compare to UK, but surely we can add our own unique style to the show, rather than copy someone elses..

I really like the side kicks Wozza & Steve (Toorak tractor story was v.funny imo) - I am however completely over charlie cox, he's wooden and not funny. imo it's time for a new lead host, this would improve things massively providing this time they find someone with charisma!

Edited by djOS

I am however completely over charlie cox, he's wooden and not funny. imo it's time for a new lead host, this would improve things massively providing this time they find someone with charisma!

agree and I cant even stand the little things like looking at him sweating in the studio everytime.