Movies You Watched Recently And Felt Strongly About

Guest Old Man Rubber
37 minutes ago, petetherock said:

I just use the telly to watch them, or even my desktop and use my cans, and just pretend I'm seated in a cramped economy seat on some plane with just a bag of chips and a deliberated cold crummy sandwich, just so I can relive the experience of flying again... 

I really don't miss flying at all except for the odd longer business class flight I have snagged.  Are you actually putting your sarnie in the fridge to replicate the frozen triangles Qantas hand out?  That is some commitment!

39 minutes ago, Old Man Rubber said:

I really don't miss flying at all except for the odd longer business class flight I have snagged.  Are you actually putting your sarnie in the fridge to replicate the frozen triangles Qantas hand out?  That is some commitment!

I once watched a movie so bad, so bad on a Qantas flight that:

a) I felt I wasted two hours of my life on a five hour flight

b) The "salad' offered as lunch in a cardboard box was much better.

Cheers,

Alberto

5 hours ago, Old Man Rubber said:

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/travel-stories/frequent-flyer-slams-sad-sandwich-on-qantas-flight/news-story/792d7accbb979c72a73db05c20316ef5 

image.png.0613a26a64b2cb768aa66dba2641853b.png

On 11/08/2021 at 3:49 PM, petetherock said:

This is a rather lazy review or perhaps a statement on The Fifth Element:

After I posted in the jokes thread, I took out my DVD, BR and then my 4k disc of Fifth Element for three spins and it does show the beauty of technology, literally...

So anyway, in case anyone hasn't seen it, a hot chick from space hands bald man a bunch of stones to save the world from a jacked up Gary, and an evil black mass, with Jean Paul G showcasing some snazzy outfits and some punchy tunes and even punchier lines.

It has a rather original plot, solid chemistry, acting and comic timing, along with good action and tip top surround. Visually, despite it's age, it's still one of my favorite demo movies, but hey I was already sold on the Superbit DVD I owned..

It made stars of Milla J, did a lot of good for Bruce Willis, reinforced Gary Oldman as an exquisitely versatile actor and Luc as one of the guys from France who could bring it to the world and paved the way for many more collaborations. It also opened my eyes to many more of his movies including the delightful Taxi series which has some of the funniest lines in French cinema, and I even enjoy "Wasabi" which was one outlandish but fun movie with all the signature chatter found in his movies.

The colors in Fifth Element were outlandish, outrageous and fabulous. If you have a flagship TV panel or projector, this movie will open your eyes, dilate your pupils and give you more than two hours of fun.

I found no pain sitting through the same move thrice on all three discs I owned. I guess you could say I recommend it without reservation.

Big Badda Boom movie.  It gets the Multipass from me too 👍