Dali Ikon 6 Speakers

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried these out yet and how do you rate them. What's the best price available and from where ?

hey mate,

i would rather get the ikon 7's here why...

well where do i start off i just came back form a listening experience that was fantastic for the price ok here goes and you tell me what u think..

the dali ikon 7's are great clear crisp u can hear every sound the clarity unbelieveable the difference between these and the concepts is that the concepts seemed a bit muddled and not so bright but there are very boomy so to speak ..

pricing tell me what u think if im paying too much or getting a good price..

Dali Ikon 7 -- $1650 pair

Dali Ikon 2 -- $841 pair

Dali Centre -- $200

and about the sub well im looking t the Velodyne spl1200r im waiting on pricing on that..

so guys what you think...?

hey mate,

well where do i start off i just came back form a listening experience that was fantastic for the price ok here goes and you tell me what u think..

the dali ikon 7's are great clear crisp u can hear every sound the clarity unbelieveable the difference between these and the concepts is that the concepts seemed a bit muddled and not so bright but there are very boomy so to speak ..

Dali Ikon 2 -- $841 pair

Dali Centre -- $200

and about the sub well im looking t the Velodyne spl1200r im waiting on pricing on that..

How are you getting them for so cheap?

hey mate,

Dali Ikon 2 -- $841 pair

Dali Centre -- $200

Are you sure those prices are right ? I've looked around briefly and only seen the Ikon 6. $2500 - $3000 - too much for me. :excl: Where did you get a price like that?

hey mate,

Dali Ikon 2 -- $841 pair

Dali Centre -- $200

just buy them.

great price BTW.

RadioParts has the Dalis at RRP as per below: http://www.radioparts.com.au/

Dali Ikon 7 at $3295.

Dali Ikon 2 at $1795.

Dali Ikon Vokan 2 Centre at $1095.

Edited by KOAZ

Are you sure those prices are right ? I've looked around briefly and only seen the Ikon 6. $2500 - $3000 - too much for me. :excl: Where did you get a price like that?

yeah thats the price these come with full warranty and there brand new nothing wrong with them and no there not stolen..this is all legit..

about the sub its turning out to be a bit expensive anyone got any ideas for subs that will go well with the dali's...?

yeah thats the price these come with full warranty and there brand new nothing wrong with them and no there not stolen..this is all legit..

about the sub its turning out to be a bit expensive anyone got any ideas for subs that will go well with the dali's...?

Where are you getting them from?..............do you know someone in the industry?

That cost is below cost.......

Where are you getting them from?..............do you know someone in the industry?

That cost is below cost.......

yeah i know someone in the industry as you can see there's a huge markup on speakers apparently its all about buying power in this industry..

that is there cost the prices i have posted...

just goes to show you that you think your getting a good deal untill someone really opens your eyes up...i dont understand why stores arnt happy enough to make $500-$1000 dollars on one sale and yet stores quote stupid prices where its over kill...

just buy them.

great price BTW.

RadioParts has the Dalis at RRP as per below: http://www.radioparts.com.au/

Dali Ikon 7 at $3295.

Dali Ikon 2 at $1795.

Dali Ikon Vokan 2 Centre at $1095.

Thanks Koaz, these prices are credible at least. Can you tell me if the centre speaker is compatible with the fronts. I noticed the centre is 8 Ohms whereas the fronts are 6 Ohms, does this matter ?

yeah i know someone in the industry as you can see there's a huge markup on speakers apparently its all about buying power in this industry..

that is there cost the prices i have posted...

just goes to show you that you think your getting a good deal untill someone really opens your eyes up...i dont understand why stores arnt happy enough to make $500-$1000 dollars on one sale and yet stores quote stupid prices where its over kill...

yep thats very true !!

i picked up a set of the Dali Concept 8's on Saturday, sticker price was $1895, cost me $950.. awesome sounding speaker, not quite as good as the Ikons i listened to at the same time, but under half the price!

• 3 weeks later...
yep thats very true !!

i picked up a set of the Dali Concept 8's on Saturday, sticker price was $1895, cost me $950.. awesome sounding speaker, not quite as good as the Ikons i listened to at the same time, but under half the price!

Where did you manage to get such a good price. I'm still searching for these places!

ive got a mate who works at JB's who looks after me pricewise.. if your in Perth i can arrange something for ya

Thanks Nang3. I've just discovered this place too. Have you compared your Concept 8's to the Ikon 7's (SQ) ? The latter is supposedly better but its hard to believe such small cones can produce good SQ. In the Melville JB I couldn't really hear the Ikon 7's properly - they were set up in the middle of their showroom - too much ambient noise.

Thanks Nang3. I've just discovered this place too. Have you compared your Concept 8's to the Ikon 7's (SQ) ? The latter is supposedly better but its hard to believe such small cones can produce good SQ. In the Melville JB I couldn't really hear the Ikon 7's properly - they were set up in the middle of their showroom - too much ambient noise.

I was looking at a set of Ikon 6, Vokal 2 centre, Ikon On-Walls and the Ikon sub. If you like those and that is your price range I would also recommend looking at the Focal speakers. Very similar in sound I found and was what I ended up deciding on. I was all set to get the Dalis before comparing them directly to the Focals (816 fronts, 800 centre, 700 rears and 800 sub)

I also found scene 4 of Master and Commander a good scene to show up some speakers. Some speakers you could not hear swords being drawn and glass braking and didn't have the saparation to to bring out some of the detail.

Edited by Woodzzter

I think i briefly heard the 7's while trying to choose between the Con8's and Con10's ... they were a bit clearer and more transparent sounding but i really didnt pay too much attention as they were more than i wanted to spend.. I love the sound of the Concept series, nice and bassy and warm but still accurate..

Now that ive had my 8s a few weeks and messed around with my sub settings etc i've managed to get them sounding pretty good, and they go bloody loud too !!!! my only criticism is that they get a little harsh when being pushed really hard but thats after it becomes uncomfortably loud anyway so it doesnt matter really.. Im glad i didnt get the 10's because anymore bass would be overkill, if there is such a thing haha!!

I have (almost) the entire Dali Ikon 6 range with the exception of the sub.

I auditioned many many diff systems and found that the Dalis were far superior. Of course this is a subjective measure, but for me there was no comparison (well, maybe the Krix Neuphonix was but I got a better deal on the Dalis).

I strongly recommend considering these as they are great for both music and HT, but I would suggest getting a different sub.

If you're in Perth, I can give u details of where I bought the system from, which was considerably reduced from rrp.

But mark my words, the Dali Ikon 6 range is seriously worth considering if you're undecided......I couldn't be happier

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

just payed for two sets of icon 7s two 12" subs and icon vocal 2 center total bill $5900 from jb hifi blacktown

break down as follows

icon 7 $1550

icon 7 $1550

12" sub $950

12" sub $950

icon vocal 2 $900

total $5900

the other speakers i was looking at were krix nuphonix ect at nearly $10k

so for half the price im :D