Can Anyone Get Through To Foxtel?

I don't think new sales will be a problem in getting through. They have a different number for it. It is the technical support number and other changes numbers that just hang up on you and say we are too busy. Just rang again and got the same response "We'd love to speak to you, but at the moment we're busy answering other calls, please call back later" and the phone is disconnected.

I remember when i was with optus, whenever i rang the sales number i got straight through but if i rang the customer service number it took 20 minutes plus on every occasion.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then add in the smart card is not authorised problems (that no one working for foxtel the I spoke to knew what was happening and at time were just putting people through to Telstra to handle) and it's been a completely huge stuff up.

This is the problem I am having. Had a tech come out to install satellite for me yesterday and mentioned something about a system being down and that it'd be half an hour or so till it was back up. Was no go 3-4hrs later so I rang 131 999 and got through first time. Spent 10mins with with someone telling me how to reset the unit and then finally said they would put me through to tech support. They actually disconnected me (unintentional i think - they were new) and I have since not been able to get in contact with them.

Anyone aware of anything I can do at my end, I doubt there is however.

I'm now in my 5th day with NO picture and close to 100 calls to 13199 and various 1300 numbers...

I even got up at 6am the last two days and made my last calls close to midnight.. HANG UP on EVERY B****Y

call :angry2::angry::angry:

I wish I had an alternative to ******* Foxtel...

Is there any avenue we can take against these losers?

Nope even if you want to upgrade you get the hang up message so they are not taking any sales calls either.

What a major f*ck up. A couple of days sure, but this is over the top.

they should open up all channels to every subscriber for at least 3 months as an apology :)

like that would ever happen

My Fox IQ went to orange light last night for 6hrs. Woke this morning and found it was the same.

Did a "soft reboot" and now it is back but I can't record anything.

Has the message to ring the dreaded 131 999 to get assistance but we know that is not

going to happen. Can anyone take me through the steps to do the "hard reboot"?

This has happened before and was fixed by the Foxtel tech on the phone. That was sometime

ago now and I have forgotten how it goes again.

Cheers

My foxtel works fine. Platinum, Satellite

PAT to do a Hard reboot. Go to Picture settings and just highlight do not actually go into it. And press 0611 and SELECT once done, you will see number 6 (Full System reset) and Select that and follow prompts :)

Edited by unique7

My foxtel works fine. Platinum, Satellite

PAT to do a Hard reboot. Go to Picture settings and just highlight do not actually go into it. And press 0611 and SELECT once done, you will see number 6 (Full System reset) and Select that and follow prompts :)

Thanks mate. Done and works again for recording. (Footy is back Woo Hoo)

Now if only Foxtel's service was this good. In less then 5mins I have a result.

Thanks again.

Now am pissed.

Got through again to upgrade to IQ and the guy says one off fee of $125 ? is that right ? must be.............. anyway the lady this morning when quoting me said nothing

about the upgrade fee and she got it wrong about it being $10 per month, thats for Platinum. She did correct herself though and then said its $14.95.

So what to do.........................

Well calls seem to be getting answered.

Rang to upgrade and told as I pay via Telstra I had to ring them for costings and they would then put me through to Foxtel to order . Huh ? said are the prices different via

Telstra and told no !

Said could not do self-install and it was $100 upgrade and $25 for technician.

Went away and came back and said could have it for $49.95 and do self install. So I have done that.

Now prepare yourselves guys as you can bet I'll get stumped somewhere along the line and will need help :)

Well, my foxtel is still out completely - 8 days and counting. Tech came yesterday 8am and said the 'card does not match' error message would be gone in 2 hours max.. well, it's about 36 hours and still nothing. Managed to get through to speak to someone (!) and got told that everyone's gone home.

NOT HAPPY

I'm now in my 5th day with NO picture and close to 100 calls to 13199 and various 1300 numbers...

I even got up at 6am the last two days and made my last calls close to midnight.. HANG UP on EVERY B****Y

call :angry2::angry::angry:

I wish I had an alternative to ******* Foxtel...

Is there any avenue we can take against these losers?

You could tell yer bank to not allow Foxtel to direct-debit their monthly fee maybe Foxtel will contact you...probably not but why pay for something you don't ave! I feel for all you guys that ave lost yer Foxtel signal, I lost mine for bout 3-4hours last night but lucky it came back on so I didn't ave to suffer the shite youse are goin through.

I swear if I ever get to talk to Foxtel sometime in the future, I hope I still have the rage I feel right now and tell them to stick their poxy set top box where the sun don't shine.

If anyone else has had enough of their recorded message and RUDE hang up..

E-MAIL them here and tell them how mad you are.

Foxtel Advocacy / Complaints

Ugh!!!!

Edited by GP11

Eventually got through (after close to 60 of the rude "can not talk to you right now, goodbye" messages)

Technical Service said my account was still missing so they couldn't activate it. I said no one had called as promised "within 48 hours".

I have fully paid up Platinum membership and no Foxtel from the promised 8th Feb.

The thing about the "can not talk" messages is you get pushed through all the option menus before you hit the message.

I was offered a months free Platinum because we switched our home phones to Telstra. I will now plan on asking and demanding 6 months free Platinum as a minimum.

Pathetic Foxtel, pathetic.

Edited by Capizzi

I swear if I ever get to talk to Foxtel sometime in the future, I hope I still have the rage I feel right now and tell them to stick their poxy set top box where the sun don't shine.

If anyone else has had enough of their recorded message and RUDE hang up..

E-MAIL them here and tell them how mad you are.

Foxtel Advocacy / Complaints

Ugh!!!!

I do not think it can be serious if you complain on Foxtel to ... Foxtel ...

Are you serious it may help ?

TIO is the way to go OR as someone mentioned ACA

If everyone who is posting here would drop a message to ACA it may help to raise a issue Australia wide ... and not just within this forum - not everyone who has issues with Foxtel read this thread

If someone managed to get through and talk to Foxtel the most what you will get is 1 moth for free, BUT WHO cares about this one month is you want to watch Foxtel right now and you already paid for this service ?

Guest wherearemykeys
Eventually got through (after close to 60 of the rude "can not talk to you right now, goodbye" messages)

Technical Service said my account was still missing so they couldn't activate it. I said no one had called as promised "within 48 hours".

I have fully paid up Platinum membership and no Foxtel from the promised 8th Feb.

The thing about the "can not talk" messages is you get pushed through all the option menus before you hit the message.

I was offered a months free Platinum because we switched our home phones to Telstra. I will now plan on asking and demanding 6 months free Platinum as a minimum.

Pathetic Foxtel, pathetic.

I'm in a similar situation - installed last wed. and I may as well as have had a shoebox plugged into my TV for all the good the IQ is at the moment. Spent most of the weekend trying to get through with no joy - will try again today during lunch at work. I sent an email to that customer advocacy mailbox so we'll see how that goes I guess.

How long did they say it would take to activate your a/c BTW?

I do not think it can be serious if you complain on Foxtel to ... Foxtel ...

Are you serious it may help ?

In case you didn't realise I was somewhat frustrated.. As I've been hanging out for start of AFL, Super 14 and Daytona 500 in particular, and to have a blank screen for over 5 days AND no way to contact Foxtel for almost a week .. All I was pointing out was an avenue to SAY we're out here and we're hurting bad!!!

btw.. how long has your service been down Sidor? geez give us a break !!! All I want is to contact Foxtel to initiate a repair process.

Edit I've been in contact with TIO, but Foxtel doesn't come under their umbrella.. unless it's Telsta billing.

They suggested the office of Fair Trading.

Edited by GP11

Guest The Dead Parrot

Just thought I'd add my 5c worth - I called them 2 weeks ago to organise a Multiroom install. They gave me a date of Feb 13th beween 12 & 5. I also instructed them (or the tech) to call me on my mobile, when they were on their way to my address, so I could make sure my wife was in (as I work all day) & talking about the wife, she actually took the afternoon off work, so to be there for the Foxtel tech. She had the oppurtunity to work that day & earn some nice cash !!!

Guess what??? - 17:00 & no tech & no call

I came home from work, called the multiroom number at 17:10 & to my amazement got the muppet of all messages saying blah blah call back later & then they hung up - Hmmm. Tried again, same message. So I called 131999 & worked my way through the options, & guess what...back to the bloody muppet message !!! So I thought "What to Foxtel is most important" I came to the conclusion of they dont want customers disconneting do they, that would mean lose of revenue, to their milliions they get out of us each year (God I'm sounding bitter - maybe because they are starting to piss me off)

Anyway I called 131999 & took the options to disconnect & finally got put on hold & then got my call answered - YEAH

The girl apologised & would sort it out with her supervisor & call me back straight away.

Its now 20:30 & no call (maybe straight away in Foxtel speak is more than 3 hours) - So I call back, holding for 20 mins (yes I know they have probs) & I get another lovely girl. This call I'm not so pleasent as I was at 17:10, but I wasn't rude, no swearing, just more frustrated by lack of customer service provided by this multi million dollar company. Anyway after 20 mins of getting no where, this lovely girl said she would personally call me on Thu when she gets in on her shift at 13:30 & tell me what date has been scheduled for them to come out.

GUESS WHAT - NO CALL

So (I should use copy & paste from above) I call again at 20:30 & wait on hold for 20 mins (boring I here you cry) & I get a male this time (not that female, male, cat, dog or Alien should make any difference there all little robots reading of a script & anything to difficult, they go to there supervisor). He still cant give me an answer, but he did ask for me to call back today & find out, at this point I TOLD him, FOXTEL can call me (by the way its 13:15 Friday & still no call). I should also say I gave it to him with both barrels. Maybe a bit imature on my part, but I felt better afterwards.

Anyway, thats my 5c worth (possibly a dollar reading it back). I guess after the couple of days, my main gripe is (which was mentioned by glenr) is that they install a new system, but have no backup if this sort of thing should happen & I'm sure I'm not the only customer having a prob & I hope someone does get there arse kicked. I feel sorry for people who have lost Foxtel completely, mine is only a installation of a second box, but its the principle of them messing my wife & I around, saying one thing doing the opposite. I could go on & on. SO at the moment FUXTEL your a joke !! GET IT SORTED. I'm sure if I was late with a payment you'd be on to me like a ton of bricks, or just flick a switch & switch me off.

I'm also taking bets on when the new appointment will be.

P.S - I dont have a spell check on this so bear with me & I've typed it quickley in my lunch break

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE - Apologies for those of you who read the above on a previous thread, but it seemed more appropiate for this one.

So the update is - There isn't one. Since Thursday evening no call as requested & promised. I did as suggested, by a few forum members, send a request to their Customer Advocate people. I'll sit & wait !!!

Now my weekend is over, I may try calling again tonight & see if I can get anywhere. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Again I sympathise with people without a service at all. I only wanted a second box in the bedroom for the pregnant wife, but the funny thing was after reading all the posts where people were losing Foxtel & then calling up & getting nowhere. I sat at home on Sat evening getting ready for an evening & night of AFL & Soccer (I should get out more), with everything crossed praying it wouldn't happen to me. Then I thought I wonder if Foxtel read these's forums (plus my advocate message), they might work out who I am & switch me off for laugh, because they love a laugh at OUR expense.

I noticed someone left links to Tracey (Ch 9) & the other girl on Channel 7, hoping we may get a story on this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are not Foxtel "in bed" with CH9 & recently CH 7, so why would they "**** on there own doorstep" !!!

Maybe there isn't a big a problem as we all think & we are all just whingers, whinging about nothing, & Foxtel Customer Care is just wonderful.

Speak tomorrow

How long did they say it would take to activate your a/c BTW?

I was promised (for a 4th time) I would be called tomorrow and by exception they would activate the account without a tech visit.

Based on the way I've been treated so far and how others posting in this thread have been treated, I'm doubtful it will happen tomorrow.

Remember, mine was just a transfer. I'm a Foxtel subscriber, Platinum, and fully paid up until late Feb !

How difficult can it be to migrate a members account across.

Edit I've been in contact with TIO, but Foxtel doesn't come under their umbrella.. unless it's Telsta billing.

They suggested the office of Fair Trading.

it is ridicilous ...

it means that TIO can's put pressure on Foxtel at all !

TIO stands for telecommunication, it means that Foxtel is in telecommunication industry ... where they are then ?

What the options we have got left with except complaining to Foxtel ?

Anyone has tried to contact Fair Trading Office ?

My Foxtel is working again!!

Spoke to someone this morning who said they'd 'reset something' and it seems to have done the trick. I was experiencing the card/STB mismatch. I've now got additional channels that i didn't have before (movies, ESPN) so i'm not sure whether that's a mistake, or some form of compensation..

Good to have the signal back after more than a week!

Similar story here, in the process of moving, spent about 2hrs through telstra trying to get it moved, most of the time with telstra trying to get somewhere with foxtel, they can't find my new address (even though they supply the building), I have to wait a week for someone to call me back before they can add it. I asked the foxtel guy if they had lost records during the upgrade and he said 'yes'. What a stuff up! Heads should roll! Least they can do is upgrade me to IQ for free!