Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

Just phoned JB Hifi to find out why some in Melbourne get theirs installed next week and some in 2 weeks (like me).

Seems that Pioneer have zero in stock and if the store you bought from has none then you have to wait for the new shipment. He also informed me that not a single JB Hifi in metro Melbourne has any in stock, I'll take his word for that because I am not ringing every store.

It all depends on where you purchased it from and what you want.

Pioneer stock of panels are allocated to retailers. So say, JB HiFi is out of stock but Clive Peters or Myer has stock available.

Their stock doesn't just sit around waiting for a retailer to order one.

Pioneer also sits their stock in tabletop stand and wall mount options.

So if you order a panel with a tabletop stand you may need to wait 2 weeks for them to get stock where as someone who ordered a wall mount option will get theirs after a few days.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, if you are part of the 'Wednesday Purchase Club' or you are just wondering why Pioneer haven't called you, it is worth just ringing their free call number as KOAZ suggested. I found out that my order isn't even in the system so now am chasing JB's as it why they took so long.

FYI, if you are part of the 'Wednesday Purchase Club' or you are just wondering why Pioneer haven't called you, it is worth just ringing their free call number as KOAZ suggested. I found out that my order isn't even in the system so now am chasing JB's as it why they took so long.

SKvader,

See my explanation above about JB Hifi as I had the same problem.

Let me know what answer you get.

Guest Bigmanbenny
Hey guys just to let you know i hear MYER LOGAN will be having a HUGE warehouse sale starting tuesday.. if you can wait until then i suggest you do as they will be clearing out EVERYTHING!
Oi Oi Cheap Skaterz!!!!!!!!!!! Lil miss Jem, Do I kno u? U sound like some1 iv worked with b4.. Do u Hav MAN FEET??? SO to all That'l Listen....... I wanna kno wat's the least any of u hav seen the 508 4? lowest price iv had in my hand or thru my ears was $2549. Anything better than that...

I gotta admit i feel bad askin 4 bottom dollar 4 PREMIUM PRODUCT. Neva thort id end up a cheapsk8!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excl:

Guest Bigmanbenny
over it!

cant believe ur comparin this panel 2 a BMW. iv own'd a quality beamer n to be honest, the 508 is much closer 2 a f1 Racing car!!!!!!!!!! Beamers look gr8 from the outside but they'r DOGS 2 run n in the end u regret buyin em' But with an F1, Its performance n style all the way 2 the finish line!

B)

cant believe ur comparin this panel 2 a BMW. iv own'd a quality beamer n to be honest, the 508 is much closer 2 a f1 Racing car!!!!!!!!!! Beamers look gr8 from the outside but they'r DOGS 2 run n in the end u regret buyin em' But with an F1, Its performance n style all the way 2 the finish line!

B)

Is this the new language of the youth of today? have I missed something?

Is this the new language of the youth of today? have I missed something?

Oh, you were focusing on the language? :huh:

Me, I was far too busy being impressed by the fact that BigManBenny has owned a BMW and driven a Formula One car

....I feel less of a man for hearing that and not being able to compare... ;)

(As an aside, I wonder if Mods in the forums can check users IP addresses? I get the impression that a lot of these new posters may have something in common, if you get what I mean?)

Oi Oi Cheap Skaterz!!!!!!!!!!! Lil miss Jem, Do I kno u? U sound like some1 iv worked with b4.. Do u Hav MAN FEET??? SO to all That'l Listen....... I wanna kno wat's the least any of u hav seen the 508 4? lowest price iv had in my hand or thru my ears was $2549. Anything better than that...

I gotta admit i feel bad askin 4 bottom dollar 4 PREMIUM PRODUCT. Neva thort id end up a cheapsk8!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excl:

I'm sure the retailers won't mind if you insist on paying RRP

Edited by purpleninja

Honestly you don't really need a receipt. All JB Hifi stores currently advertise it at $2999 with a 10% discount on that until Sunday. Walk into a store and pay $2700 until Sunday nothing else needed.

Now if you live in TOwnsville I think it was someone got it for $2550 but nobody else as far as I can see has price matchet that price and I doubt anyone in any other state would either.

It was $2560. And it was a guy in Townsville.

I used their reciept to get that price in Brisbane at JB hifi Strathpine .

Just phoned JB Hifi to find out why some in Melbourne get theirs installed next week and some in 2 weeks (like me).

Seems that Pioneer have zero in stock and if the store you bought from has none then you have to wait for the new shipment. He also informed me that not a single JB Hifi in metro Melbourne has any in stock, I'll take his word for that because I am not ringing every store.

He also said the salesmen put the request through to JB Hifi head office and then they put a request in with Pioneer to install and even though I paid for it on Wednesday head office wont put order through until next Monday or Tuesday. Apparently they are not in a rush because there is no stock.

Now this might be critical news..............he also said to me that this is Pioneer's final shipment of this particular panel, it is now end of line. He said that this final shipment is also totally spoken for by retailers to cover recent sales (like mine) and a few extra.

Bottom line if you were stalling getting one of these I wouldn't stall anymore because he also said in his particular store he has been told to not take anymore orders.

I am not sure how much of this is true and how much is hype but there should be some truth in there somewhere and it does tie up with the price drop.

As I posted earlier, all panels are in the retail chain with no more stock available to order until new model in September.

Clive Peters bought around 600 panels, so a clive Peters store might be best bet to get one from.

Yes, all dealers should of been told this week not to take more orders as Pioneer can not supply.

The prices you guys are paying they might be giving them away free soon!

Certainly getting them below cost.

Cheaper for me to go buy on xx months interest free, than get as staff purchase from Pioneer themselves.

Just purchased a 508xda from JB in Osbourne Park WA. They had one left in stock in a box. Am picking it up tommorrow myself, cannot wait for Pioneer to deliver.

Paid $2700 cash. $2999.00 less 10% from sale. The sales told me it was about $100 below their cost. Cannot wait to connect it to my HTPC and drive some blu ray movies.

Now just waiting for the LX series to price drop and I will get one of them and put the xda in the bedroom. :) Thanks all for convincing me to go the Kuro.

Cheers

Breaksta

Just purchased a 508xda from JB in Osbourne Park WA. They had one left in stock in a box. Am picking it up tommorrow myself, cannot wait for Pioneer to deliver.

Paid $2700 cash. $2999.00 less 10% from sale. The sales told me it was about $100 below their cost. Cannot wait to connect it to my HTPC and drive some blu ray movies.

Now just waiting for the LX series to price drop and I will get one of them and put the xda in the bedroom. :) Thanks all for convincing me to go the Kuro.

Cheers

Breaksta

Hey Breaksta

Can I trouble you for a copy of your receipt please? I'm in Perth too so looking for receipts from Perth stores so I can go and have a chat with HN about their 30 price guarantee.

Bem9e@yahoo.com.au

Many thanks in advance.

CC

SKvader,

See my explanation above about JB Hifi as I had the same problem.

Let me know what answer you get.

When I ordered on Wednesday I was told that they had them in stock so suspect it more to do with the salesperson being slack. Made a number of calls to JB today trying to follow up but didn't get very far, people away sick, other guy was following up, other guy gone home for the day blah blah. Not too happy but I guess I can wait a bit longer.

Thanks for the info though!

Edited by skvader

Bought two today ,one for myself and one for a mate at ocean grove (Vic) paid $2600 each ( he will repay me of course) on Amx at CP, already had a MXE on a GB and a Pana on another GB ( which im being very ,very kind and passing to my daughter, dads are both sucks and becoming broke but heck you only live once) Always wanted a Kuro but the price was to high couldn't resist the price and with 6 year warranty (5 & amex 1)...wife killed me.Cp said this week delivery with stand(wall brackets were not readily available)..no more Tvs for me for 5/6 years.....

As I posted earlier, all panels are in the retail chain with no more stock available to order until new model in September.

......<snip>

If the new models aren't arriving until September, then why are they clearing the 508xda so soon?

OMG!! The average I.Q. level in this forum just dropped 30 points.

See what happens when cousins have a baby together?

Guest jazzcat1503562226

Thanksyou for the receipts people have sent me.

Hey Spacetime, if you can, could you email me a copy of your Myer receipt to coolkiro at bigpond.net.au

I would like to buy from Myer to use my Myer card. and my lovely wife has a myer one card to.

Very much appreciate everyones help, thanks.

If the new models aren't arriving until September, then why are they clearing the 508xda so soon?

Good question !!

Seems like there’s more to it than what Pioneer are willing to reveal at the moment…

Could it be that Pioneer’s plasma division is in a more shaky financial position than what they are admitting -and they want to raise funds quickly by selling off stock at any price?

After all, that price war between Sony & Samsung (with their free give-aways) not all that long after Kuro’s release wouldn’t have helped Pioneers sales -especially at the initial prices Pioneer were asking.

But even if this were the case, does it just apply to Pioneer Aust –or to all Pioneer plasma business globally?

I don’t know –I’m just guessing!

Hi jazzcat,

I'm not sure my receipt would be helpful to you. It only says:

W.H.S. Sale

>LCD/Plasma 2999.00

Markdown Reason Code 4

Markdown 10.00 % 299.90-

Sale Price 2699.10

It doesn't mention the model or anything. If you think it helps you, I can scan it on Monday and send it to you.

Myer One is really good, gives you an additional $54 off...

geejay,

i think that pioneer have found that their sales were a lot lower than projected due to their higher prices vs the competition

i also think that with the world economy slowing they want to make sure that they don't hold too much stock....

i don't think australia will be having a crash, but i think that will all the debt around, and the interest rises, that we will be seeing a lot more pain out there....

there are a lot of people out there with very high debt levels that are going to get crunched in the coming months.....

and that will continue to affect retail sales......

this is a good time to be cashed up, and a bad time to be heavily in debt.......

Edited by larry