Pioneer Kuro 508xda Price Thread

cant take that question serious or not, the glass is not no...its like looking through a clear glass window, glass is galss is glass on a panel....

Be well assured retailforlife that when the term 'glass' in used in reference to a plasma display panel -it's referring to a lot more than just a plain sheet of glass.

There are indeed a lot of production processes involved to make it able to operate as a plasma display panel, and manufacturers even like to keep many of these a secret in order that their product may perform better than their competitors products.

All panels are not the same!

Obviously Panasonic & Pioneer have reached an agreement that encompasses this very aspect for future panels to be released from Panasonic. But when this subject was recently raised as a question, neither company seemed to be willing to specifically state whose design techniques will be used. But it's a good guess that future display panels from Panasonic may be an amalgam of design techniques from both companies.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone want to take bets on how much longer this twit will be allowed out of his straight jacket to type childish little rants about nothing?

The forum for the chronically unhinged schizo's is down the hall.

Edited by spalmills

Ill bet when the price eventually goes lower again all u cheap arses will have another bout of **** i should of waited.....wait for the new Pioneer, its got fergalicious DEF...its off the shiz ang

i want a collection of reciepts to verfiy that u guys are getting what u claimed, daddo_1600@hotmail.com...send one send all

Do us all a favor and leave! You have nothing to offer but abuse.....

This thread is about the price,.... dont get pissy at us because you cant sell a panel at the listed prices!

I have 2 close friends in retail, your issue is with Pioneer not us.

This thread is about the price,.... dont get pissy at us because you cant sell a panel at the listed prices!

Well mate obviously if you have 2 close friends in retail then you would know the pricing is nothing to do with pioneer but more to do with people like you haggling over a few dollars and cheapening the image of a premium product. whoever is selling below 2900 is not making a cent in my opinion...

like someone said before if you buy fuel at 125 a litre and its 120 a litre the next day its not like you go back to the fuel attendent and ask to refund the difference.

buy lg or samsung if u cant afford pioneer

the end

Edited by fergus88

well if you compare the panel on the current panasonics to the one currently on the pioneer, i think you will notice that that the panasonic is far less reflective. Combine this with pioneers' internal technologies and you will have an even better panel than the current one.

Yeah I agree mate that the matt finish on the panasonics is less reflective. The problem lies in the fact that it stops less light reflecting onto the screen but at the same time it reduces the amount of light coming off the TV so making the picture duller. It seems at the moment we cant have a non reflective screen that doesnt filter out any lumenescence ;)

As far as I'm aware there has been no price revision from pioneer, it's all about different retailers trying to outdo each other, but be aware that they only have so many panels in stock and when they run out that's it,Stores like dj's n myer get their panels direct from pioneer as they are allocated stock so they're likely to be able to weather this out. today pioneer maybe tomorrow it will be sony of samsungs turn who knows, all i know is I've had 6 months awesome use out of my 50" panel, and it doesn't matter that i paid considerably more than today's prices, but i bought mine for quality not price, I hope all those haggling out there really understand the product that they're buying and not because it's cheap

Yeah I agree mate that the matt finish on the panasonics is less reflective. The problem lies in the fact that it stops less light reflecting onto the screen but at the same time it reduces the amount of light coming off the TV so making the picture duller. It seems at the moment we cant have a non reflective screen that doesnt filter out any lumenescence ;)

yes but at the same time remember pioneer doesnt have the extra layer of glass that the panas have thus decreasing the amount of glare anyway. also dont get the reflection of text on the screen between the 2 outer layers. which i find you get on all panas. But yes agree that the matt finish detracts from the picture quality.

For those people out there that are happy to pay full price for everything they buy, i say best of luck to you.

There is nothing wrong with getting a better deal so you can keep some money in your pocket for another day.

We dont owe the retailer anything. If we want the product and if its a good price we will buy it.

I am not here to line the pockets of the already filthy rich Presidents & CEO's of major manufacturing companies.

I look after me and mine not you and yours.

I want to send MY kids to University, not someone elses..

For those people out there that are happy to pay full price for everything they buy, i say best of luck to you.

There is nothing wrong with getting a better deal so you can keep some money in your pocket for another day.

We dont owe the retailer anything. If we want the product and if its a good price we will buy it.

I am not here to line the pockets of the already filthy rich Presidents & CEO's of major manufacturing companies.

And that attitude is one reason society is going to crap <_<

Well mate obviously if you have 2 close friends in retail then you would know the pricing is nothing to do with pioneer but more to do with people like you haggling over a few dollars and cheapening the image of a premium product. whoever is selling below 2900 is not making a cent in my opinion...

like someone said before if you buy fuel at 125 a litre and its 120 a litre the next day its not like you go back to the fuel attendent and ask to refund the difference.

buy lg or samsung if u cant afford pioneer

the end

How lame is this?

retailforlife opened up a new account to make it look as if he has a fan. :lol:

Hey man, you're forgetting one important thing before you posted like a jackass.

A lot of people, including myself, never really considered owning a 50" Pioneer because it was out of our reach. Then all of a sudden the price crashes and now, instead of buying a Holden (Panasonic) we can have a BMW (Pioneer).

How lame is this?

retailforlife opened up a new account to make it look as if he has a fan. :lol:

Hey man, you're forgetting one important thing before you posted like a jackass.

A lot of people, including myself, never really considered owning a 50" Pioneer because it was out of our reach. Then all of a sudden the price crashes and now, instead of buying a Holden (Panasonic) we can have a BMW (Pioneer).

good on u then

Edited by littlemissjemma

are u going to haggle over the cost of sending your kids to uni, which one is going to be cheaper, or how much the textbooks are going to cost, where does it end?

what about the staff at those retailers who are losing out on commission cause they're selling something below it's cost price. so they won't be able to send their kids to uni

Ill bet when the price eventually goes lower again all u cheap arses will have another bout of **** i should of waited.....wait for the new Pioneer, its got fergalicious DEF...its off the shiz ang

i want a collection of reciepts to verfiy that u guys are getting what u claimed, daddo_1600@hotmail.com...send one send all

Just curious to know if there is any chance of getting the LX508 model to come down dramatically.

cheers

LOL

Anyway I purchased mine from JB Hifi at Knox in Melbourne today for $2700, can't wait to receive it now.

could you please email me your receipt at terryansimon@hotmail.com thanks. :D

and yes I am a tightarse. not ashamed in admitting that. (=

Edited by terryansimon

are u going to haggle over the cost of sending your kids to uni, which one is going to be cheaper, or how much the textbooks are going to cost, where does it end?

what about the staff at those retailers who are losing out on commission cause they're selling something below it's cost price. so they won't be able to send their kids to uni

Didnt you read the msg mate, he doesnt give a crap about anyone but himself. You wont find his picture under altruism in the dictionary.

Gee i would hate to live your life. Worried about everyone elses problems and not your own. Seems such a sad existence. Maybe we should call you Grasshopper (from the old TV show Kung Fu)

I dont think the staff at those retailers have guns to their heads do they? Have they signed their soul to the retailer that they have to work there for all eternity? If i was one of those people that worked for a base salary plus commission and i wasnt putting food on the table then guess what... I would find a job that did.

You need to think before you type. Your comments shouldnt be tossed aside lightly - They should be thrown with great force..

Gee i would hate to live your life. Worried about everyone elses problems and not your own. Seems such a sad existence. Maybe we should call you Grasshopper (from the old TV show Kung Fu)

I dont think the staff at those retailers have guns to their heads do they? Have they signed their soul to the retailer that they have to work there for all eternity? If i was one of those people that worked for a base salary plus commission and i wasnt putting food on the table then guess what... I would find a job that did.

You need to think before you type. Your comments shouldnt be tossed aside lightly - They should be thrown with great force..

you are one rude person you know that. all this over the price of a tv. you think buying a tv cheaper is going to send your kids to univeristy?? get over it! go post somewhere else. Maybe your so concerned that your kids go to uni because obviously you never went nor ever learnt proper manners.

Didnt you read the msg mate, he doesnt give a crap about anyone but himself. You wont find his picture under altruism in the dictionary.

Sorry which rock did you crawl out from under?

I was repsonding to the couple of people who strangely have appeared out of thin air tonight who are attempting to belittle, abuse and bully others based on what their own grandiose opinions are. So in effect i am standing up for the opinion of others. I hope you could find alturism in there somewhere. Hmmm

I was repsonding to the couple of people who strangely have appeared out of thin air tonight who are attempting to belittle, abuse and bully others based on what their own grandiose opinions are. So in effect i am standing up for the opinion of others. I hope you could find alturism in there somewhere. Hmmm

well thats the pot calling the kettle black!!

im out

goodnight all

you are one rude person you know that. all this over the price of a tv. you think buying a tv cheaper is going to send your kids to univeristy?? get over it! go post somewhere else. Maybe your so concerned that your kids go to uni because obviously you never went nor ever learnt proper manners.

I think you missed the message dear, it was in response to the other member abusing people for wanting to save money. I was simply standing up for those people. You might want to read the thread a little closer.

My point wasnt about saving a few hundered bucks on a TV to send my kids to Uni. I was merely poiting out that there are people that feel better if they think they have got a better price for something and people that are happy to pay whatever is on the sticker. Its a free world and people are free to choose what they want to do. They dont need people getting on here and telling them they are tight asses.

Ironically you are calling me rude when all i was doing was reacting to others who were being rude to a majority of regular posters around here.

I am sure you wouldnt be complaining if you got some information off this forum that assisted you in getting a better price. maybe i should check your other posts to see if you have benefited from this.

Im sorry I do apologise, I misunderstood your statement "I look after me and mine, not you and yours". Looking at it now I can see clearly that you were sticking up for the opinion of others.

I think you missed the message dear, it was in response to the other member abusing people for wanting to save money. I was simply standing up for those people. You might want to read the thread a little closer.

My point wasnt about saving a few hundered bucks on a TV to send my kids to Uni. I was merely poiting out that there are people that feel better if they think they have got a better price for something and people that are happy to pay whatever is on the sticker. Its a free world and people are free to choose what they want to do. They dont need people getting on here and telling them they are tight asses.

Ironically you are calling me rude when all i was doing was reacting to others who were being rude to a majority of regular posters around here.

I am sure you wouldnt be complaining if you got some information off this forum that assisted you in getting a better price. maybe i should check your other posts to see if you have benefited from this.

yes i have benefited it from it have been getting good prices but anyway everyone should just stop with the rudness!!

hey bigbishop would love a copy of your receipt as im from qld too so it would be great to get a good deal like u got! can u please email to jks004@student.usc.edu.au

thanks

I REST MY CASE !!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe your contradictions . what a crack up. I really am laughing

Is it a full moon tonight guys?? This board has gone mad

Edited by spalmills

yes i have benefited it from it have been getting good prices but anyway everyone should just stop with the rudness!!

Try starting with not attacking the people who are standing up for others. I hope you dont think we should be living in a dictatorship

Anyway, got the new tv coming today so nothing can upset me :D

Edited by spalmills