Plasma Tv As Computer Monitor

hi all does anyone use their plasma tele as a computer monitor as well? i'm getting my TH-42PX70A next week and plan to hook it up to my pc so i can watch divxs and play games on it...i was wondering is it safe to use it for internet browsing??

What do you mean "is it safe to use it for internet browsing??" Do you think a monitor can get a virus? Or is it the images that might come up on the screen that might get you int trouble :D

i use my 42" PX600A for browsing the net via the PS3 at the moment, until my computer gets fixed

and then i will give it a try with the PC, my only concern is the static tool bars and icons though

i'm too scared to leave a static image for more than 30 seconds!!!

maybe i'm just paranoid

With my Pana, any "Image Retention" is "washed" away by a days worth of regular TV watching. Not a concern in the world.

As for "Burn In", once you got it, I believe it is very hard if not impossible to get rid of, but most plasmas are pretty good these days. I've had my PS2 hooked up playing games for 8+ hours straight and a little IR from static images, was gone by next day.

TH-42PX70A

I have a '7A (same panel, just fewer inputs) with an old PIII-866 hooked up to it. It became a spare machine, so I thought, "Why not?" Santa (no, not the forum one) bought me a Shintaro wireless keyboard + trackball for Christmas, so that I can sit on the lounge (about 3m away) and use it, on the odd occasions that I do. At that distance, I should probably increase the point size, but I haven't tried yet.

Note that the clearest display will be at the panel's native resolution of 1024 x 768, but due to the pixels being rectangular the aspect ratio will be wrong, but still OK for most things (browsing and general PC use, I mean). You can change the aspect ratio to 4:3, but then it becomes 768 x 768 and the image suffers; especially noticeable on text.

Edited by Colin 2905