Hdtv Prices

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where have all the budget big screens gone. REALLY want a 50" but dont want to spend more that $1500 on a tv, as its seems to me that more than that is just well... lets leave it there.

why is the X series 50" pana still so high in price, seems it should have come down, even with the GFC.

The room cant be much bigger then a toilet.

It's a pretty big room, but my current 42" just takes away from everything else about the room. It's as if the only thing you would go in there for is to watch TV.

A 37" might be okay, but slightly out of the price range I would think.

Guys, I am going to go and buy a new 32" LCD tomorrow, looking to spend $1000~.

Would prefer 1080P, but it isn't essential. Not looking to go any bigger due to the size of the room (have a 42" at the moment which is going into storage as it would take too much away from the room as it is).

Have been looking at Samsungs but no idea of how much each model number can be had for (seems the wiki hasn't been updated in a while?).

Any recommendations and price points I should be aiming for?

I am probably about to do the same thing for an upstairs game room for the kids.

I found webprice.com.au had full specs and pricing on the full range of Samsungs, Sony's, Panasonics. You will probably pay a bit more in the shops.

In my personal opinion I wouldn't spend the extra for 1080p on a 32" screen unless you are intending to sit really close to it.

Dick Smith has a special on that finishes today, a Sanyo 32" for $699.

Otherwise you should be able to get the entry level Samsung or Panasonic models for about $1,000.

Those are the Panasonic TX32LX10A or the Samsung LA32B450.

I am currently tossing up between those three options and any advice in the next hour or two before I go out and buy would be appreciated.

Ended up getting an LA37B530. $1450. $100 more than online stores but got it interest free.

Slightly more than I wanted to pay but I'll get over it. Just waiting for my old man to come over and help move the old one so I can set it up :)

Edited by daveee

Hi All

It seems that Webprice.com.au

http://www.webprice.com.au/page/shop/flypage/product_id/1043

Currently have the Panasonic TH-P50S10A VIERA 50inch on sale for $2295

with the bonus Wii. I would be skeptical about the bonus Wii considering the wording of the pansonic T&Cs about online stores etc, but you never know it could be right.

Either way an incredible price i believe even when adding freight charges.

Happy hunting folks

Regards

grasshopper

well guys, bit the bullet today and got ourselves a TV

ended up with the following:

Sony Bravia 46" Z5500 (KDL46Z5500), from JB HiFi @ Loganholme for $3100**

**no extd wty, no other extras, 12mnths interest free/def payments, no deposit. finance through HSBC.

We ended up gettin a bunch of other stuff incl the wty, but the the above price/conditions are what we got them down too to make the deal initially.

Researched online for about 3 weeks, got plenty of 'internet info' and went out today to buy.

It took all day, 5 dif stores and PLENTY of diplomatic bartering ;)

also FYI, Clive Peters Loganholme would do it same term&conditions as above, but for $3800 w/ bonus PS3

Good Guys Loganholme same T&C - $3550 w/ bonus $385 gift voucher

Myer Loganholme same T&C - $3600 w/ $350 gift voucher + triple MyerOne points (approx $100 gift Card)

With the exception of Clive Peters who don't stock Samsung, All of the above would do:

Samsung 46" Crystal LED (UA46B8000) for $4500 w/bonus 22" LCD

I'm sure cash would get you a better deal with any of the quoted prices.

In the end JB didn't play games and gave us great prices straight off the bat, and so far their service has been great also :D

so thanks to the team at JB Loganholme :D

Happy Shopping.

Edited by iamthecoolest

Hi all

Been a lurker here for sometime now and appreciate the vast info and thought I better contribute.

Have been thinking about a TH-P42G10A Panasonic 42" G10 series for a month or so.

Wii promo is a bonus (have wanted one for a while) and the above price of $1955 sounded pretty good to me.

Bit the bullet yesterday at Myer Belconnen and couldn't believe it - $1800 plus $75 delivery.

Giddy up! :)

CC

Guest scorpian007
Hi all

Been a lurker here for sometime now and appreciate the vast info and thought I better contribute.

Have been thinking about a TH-P42G10A Panasonic 42" G10 series for a month or so.

Wii promo is a bonus (have wanted one for a while) and the above price of $1955 sounded pretty good to me.

Bit the bullet yesterday at Myer Belconnen and couldn't believe it - $1800 plus $75 delivery.

Giddy up! :)

CC

Myer Belconnen are doing some crazy prices at the moment.

So would that mean one could get a 42S10 for about $1500?

I have got the P50G10A and the final receipts show my price breakdown as

50G10A TV – $2356

4 yr Ext warranty – 399

Delivery – $45

Total – $2800

my initial receipt showed the TV price as $2556... In actuality I reckon the best price for this TV is currently between the 2.5 & 2.6k mark... that is if you buy the warranty too..

plus I paid by credit card in full...

Hi there,

I am just about to buy my first large screen TV. I've been leaning towards the Panasonic TH-P50S10A. I've been given a price of $2500 from JB-HiFi but looking at this thread is making me re-think. Should i be trying to get the "G" series for this price?

Is the G a lot better than what i am looking at. I don't really understand all the intricaies of the different models.

cheers for any adivce.

Hi there,

I am just about to buy my first large screen TV. I've been leaning towards the Panasonic TH-P50S10A. I've been given a price of $2500 from JB-HiFi but looking at this thread is making me re-think. Should i be trying to get the "G" series for this price?

Is the G a lot better than what i am looking at. I don't really understand all the intricaies of the different models.

cheers for any adivce.

The G is a better screen and worth more imho. I was offered the 50G10 for $2500 from Myer Brisbane the other day, so paying that for the 50S10 doesnt sound all that worthwhile, they should be able to do the 50S10 for $300 less.

The G is a better screen and worth more imho. I was offered the 50G10 for $2500 from Myer Brisbane the other day, so paying that for the 50S10 doesnt sound all that worthwhile, they should be able to do the 50S10 for $300 less.

There appears to be significant discrepancies in Myer prices from state to state. $2500 for the 50G10a is far below Melbourne Myer prices.

How odd that they can fluctuate this much. Best price on a 50 G10a in Melbourne to my knowledge is $2700 + extra warranty and Wii promotion applies. $2400 doesn't exist unless recipts can be shown :winky:

Guest scorpian007
There appears to be significant discrepancies in Myer prices from state to state. $2500 for the 50G10a is far below Melbourne Myer prices.

How odd that they can fluctuate this much. Best price on a 50 G10a in Melbourne to my knowledge is $2700 + extra warranty and Wii promotion applies. $2400 doesn't exist unless recipts can be shown :winky:

$2400 will be very difficult, if not impossible at the moment. And that's from my inside info ;)

$2400 will be very difficult, if not impossible at the moment. And that's from my inside info ;)

Yep, I agree, the $2500 price I got was after a long and difficult haggling excercise - but their warranty blew the deal at $400 extra otherwise I would have a 50G10 right now.

Yep, I agree, the $2500 price I got was after a long and difficult haggling excercise - but their warranty blew the deal at $400 extra otherwise I would have a 50G10 right now.

I'm generally not a fan of extended warranties but it seems most people talk about them for large screens. it this typical? Why? Why not?

Over the weekend spend half day searching for my next BIG TV. Based in the West we won’t enjoy the price that easterner has, hence below are what I found so far mainly for WAer.

LA46A750 – HN $2470

LG 50G20 – GG $1750

LG 50” 70FD - $2000 – not exactly sure on the model number.

Pana 50G10 - $2600

42G10 - $1900

50X10 - $1850

Cheers

42" Plasmas

Advertised: 1024X768 resolution

* LG 42PQ20D

$1299

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefro...uct/View/GE6210

Note: Mono sound (see thread http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=79023) + more reflections under shop fluro lighting than the Samsung below.

Saw them side-by-side.

* Samsung PS42B450

$1418 at BIG W- sticker price (found by accident).

Competitive with internet buying if delivery is about $50.

JBHIFI catalogue have it at $1499, HN catalogue $1599 :o

Samsung PS42B430

Ticketed at $1299 in Bing Lee Haymarket, Sydney, with a free surge board thrown in. Binga is negotiable so a final price under $1100 is very much on the cards.

Note : This is not the B450 and I confirmed that on the back of the TV. Don't know why Samsung hasn't listed this model on its site yet.

Over the weekend spend half day searching for my next BIG TV. Based in the West we won’t enjoy the price that easterner has, hence below are what I found so far mainly for WAer.

LA46A750 – HN $2470

Thanks for posting some WA prices. Mind if I ask which Harves that was?