Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Hi Guy's

I just bought my new LA40F81BDX Model on the weekend,

Very Very happy with it! looks absolutely stunning!

I agree with most comments (i'll be honest, i havent read all 150+ pages :P) that Auto Motion Plus is a bit of a waste.

I did want to see how it would look on HD content however.

I have my xbox360 connected to my TV via the HDMI 1 port, and it looks just great.

I played the Viva Piniata HD video, and it looked really nice, so i thought i would try out auto motion plus just to see the difference... It looked like the TV was struggling to keep up! (right from low -> high) there was a major framerate drop :\

So i thought I would upgrade to the 1013 Firmware, as i am currently running 1009... I too get the USB is not connected erorr... then my TV "restarts"

I have tried two different USB sticks, and in Fat32 and Fat formats, with still no luck.

I will try out just the contents of the "image" folder on the stick and see what happens, otherwise I too will need to contact Samsung Technical support, as i am not 100% happy with keeping the old firmware :(

Good Evening,

I was hoping to receive some advice on the following Samsung LCD's. I am in the market for a 40-42' LCD screen that will primarily be used for watching Foxtel, DVD's and maybe PS3/Blueray's.

There are currently some cheap deals on the older model Samsung 40' LCD's that have attracted my attention, however I don't want to rush in and buy one and make a mistake, wishing I bought the newer model. I have roughly the following prices for each model.

Samsung LA40N81BDX - $1,650 (not including the $150 cashback for all)

Samsung LA40M1BDX - $2,250

Samsung LA40F81BDX - $2,550

The older N81 looks very attractive for the price and the only real notable difference I can see is that it isn't 100Hz and the contract ratio is only 10,000:1. Is there anything else major I am missing here? Any other reasons why I shouldn't make this purchase? Does the 100Hz display make much difference?

I have looked at the inputs/outputs for both and apart from the N81 missing the USB input I can't see anything wrong there.

The only other option I am possibly considering is the LG 42LB9DF for around $1,850 which has similar features to the Samsung models.

Any further information and guidance would be most appreciated!

Thanks

i personally think that for a 40" tv.. the N8 is a very good choice.. has everything that a good tv would offer.. at 40".. i wouldn't be looking for 100hz .. so i think its a great TV if you are going to purchase it..

which state are you in?

and also.. print this page.. and flash it to stores around.. most ideally they would match it..

http://www.digitalcenter.com.au/p/383958/s...dx-lcd-tv-.html

also increase your posts to 5 so that people can PM you.

I've just picked up a PS50C91HD and am very happy with it, however I have noticed that when watching DTV from the build in Tuner, the volume is significantly lower that that of the component inputs. I have a DVD player and Foxtel connected via component and if I'm watching either of them at a normal, comfortable volume and then switch to DTV, the volume difference is such that it is unable to be heard without increasing the volume markedly.

Is there some kind of sound setting I may have adjusted which is only affecting DTV as opposed to the other sources that I may be overlooking?

Thanks!!

Hi Malts, can I ask u how much u paid for ur 50" C9?

Yep - Got the 50" C9 and 5 year Warranty for around $2200 (can't find the receipt at the moment so not sure of exact price). Got it from Good Guys Carseldine, who now tell me they have 19 on back order!!

46" I assume?

Nope, the 40" :unsure: It was the cheapest i could find it...

I actually paid $2100 (not including cashback) myself, but their advertised price is $2250...

Either or, still highly recommended, cheapest prices I have seen. Picking up a 32" in a few weeks for my mate, and will combine for the cashback offer :)

Nope, the 40" :unsure: It was the cheapest i could find it...

I actually paid $2100 (not including cashback) myself, but their advertised price is $2250...

Either or, still highly recommended, cheapest prices I have seen. Picking up a 32" in a few weeks for my mate, and will combine for the cashback offer :)

Ok, so its $1950 after cashback?

Good luck, and let us know how you get on with it dude,

Wags

Hi Kulfi, Thanks for ur reply... I know what u saying... Last month price of Q9 was $2500 in most of the stores and price of C9 was $2000 - 2100... Since last week retravision (and also good guys) has reduced price of Q9 to $1999. In retravision I bargained Q9 to $1890, but he cud not give any discount to me for C9 so it remained at $2100. Thats why I went for Q9 ... Now if I change my order and go for C9, I'll have to pay difference ie $200.. By the way, I haven't heard Q9 cheaper than $1890, u might be right but what is the lowest price u heard for Q9?

If the Q9 was going for $2500 last month, why were people buying the Full HD 50" P9 for $2461 in February ? The price of the Q9 has always been lower than the P9 (for obvious reasons) and $2500 is a pure rip-off.

I'm willing to accept $1890 as a good price for the Q9. Let's move on from there.

The C9 has always been and will always be at least $200 cheaper than the Q9. If Retravision tries to tell you otherwise, they're lying. Just go into a Myer store with your Q9 receipt and see how low he can go. You might be able to pick up the Q9 for $1800 if you ask him to beat Retravision convincingly. Otherwise, ask Myer for the C9 for $1700 and get your money back from Retravision if he doesn't match that kind of quote.

If the Q9 was going for $2500 last month, why were people buying the Full HD 50" P9 for $2461 in February ? The price of the Q9 has always been lower than the P9 (for obvious reasons) and $2500 is a pure rip-off.

I'm willing to accept $1890 as a good price for the Q9. Let's move on from there.

The C9 has always been and will always be at least $200 cheaper than the Q9. If Retravision tries to tell you otherwise, they're lying. Just go into a Myer store with your Q9 receipt and see how low he can go. You might be able to pick up the Q9 for $1800 if you ask him to beat Retravision convincingly. Otherwise, ask Myer for the C9 for $1700 and get your money back from Retravision if he doesn't match that kind of quote.

Well, I'm preety much happy with the deal that I got.. If u read above malts posting, he has very recently (may be just 2-3 days back) paid $2200 for 50" C9 with extra warranty which is around $250 for 3 yrs, so basically he paid $1950 for C9 unit without warranty. I paid $1890 for Q9.. retravision didnt lie to me in anyway. I'm looking at C9 n Q9 prices since last 2 months, so I already know price C9 is around $200 cheaper than Q9. What retravision did is they put Q9 on special so price for Q9 become less than thr C9 price. If they give Q9 on special i dont think they should also give C9 for special only bcoz it is $200 cheaper than Q9. Yesterday I got catalogue of Wow store, their price in this catalogue for 50" Q9 is $2299 (Price might be 100-200 less after negotiation) and price for 50" P9 mentioned by Good Guys is $3200. Anyway as i said I'm happy with my deal..

All what i wanted to know is whether Q9 is really that bad considering reflection moire effect. Whether people are happy with thr Q9 set?

Cheers

Edited by cool_db

Well, I'm preety much happy with the deal that I got.. If u read above malts posting, he has very recently (may be just 2-3 days back) paid $2200 for 50" C9 with extra warranty which is around $250 for 3 yrs, so basically he paid $1950 for C9 unit without warranty. I paid $1890 for Q9.. retravision didnt lie to me in anyway. I'm looking at C9 n Q9 prices since last 2 months, so I already know price C9 is around $200 cheaper than Q9. What retravision did is they put Q9 on special so price for Q9 become less than thr C9 price. If they give Q9 on special i dont think they should also give C9 for special only bcoz it is $200 cheaper than Q9. Yesterday I got catalogue of Good Guys, their price in this catalogue for 50" Q9 is $2299 (Price might be 100-200 less after negotiation) and price for 50" P9 mentioned is $3200. Anyway as i said I'm happy with my deal..

All what i wanted to know is whether Q9 is really that bad considering reflection moire effect. Whether people are happy with thr Q9 set?

Cheers

I have owned the 50"Q9 since Oct 07 and I can honestly say I have not experienced reflection moire effect at all. I saw the Q9 and C9 side by side and it was an easy decision for me. Very happy with my purchase even though I did pay $2900 inc ext warranty then.

I have owned the 50"Q9 since Oct 07 and I can honestly say I have not experienced reflection moire effect at all. I saw the Q9 and C9 side by side and it was an easy decision for me. Very happy with my purchase even though I did pay $2900 inc ext warranty then.

Hi tvdave, Thanks for reply... Now I can be sure that reflection moire is not a major issue... I also saw Q9 and C9 side by side and Q9 looked better to me... Lets see how mine Q9 performs... I'm getting del on coming sat..

Whats setting did u used in run time and after?

I ran mine for the first 3 months on standard pic as opposed to dynamic and turned contrast down to 50. I use dynamic mode sometimes during the day sometimes but at night movie or standard depending on source.

Good luck and hope you enjoy the Q9 as much as me.

Edited by tvdave

i personally think that for a 40" tv.. the N8 is a very good choice.. has everything that a good tv would offer.. at 40".. i wouldn't be looking for 100hz .. so i think its a great TV if you are going to purchase it..

which state are you in?

and also.. print this page.. and flash it to stores around.. most ideally they would match it..

http://www.digitalcenter.com.au/p/383958/s...dx-lcd-tv-.html

also increase your posts to 5 so that people can PM you.

I would say that your 1650$ quote for the 40N8 is sooo much cheaper than the others it would be hard to look past.

I got my 46F8 for 2790$ (before cashback)

I would say that your 1650$ quote for the 40N8 is sooo much cheaper than the others it would be hard to look past.

I got my 46F8 for 2790$ (before cashback)

How have you found the 46"f8?

Much reflection off the screen?

I couldn't believe the f8 didn't have a non reflecting screen when i went to have a look at one yesterday!!!

Is that the "super clear" panel they are talking about?

The non reflecting screen is what i like about LCD's, with the clear screen it looks more like a plasma, although a hellava lot brighter. I wonder if future models are going to have this also.

Happy viewing on your new tv,

Wags

Just went to JB HIFI midland wa for quote on the 46in f8 + BD-P1400 blu-ray + harmony 1000i remote control.

Barted him down to $3,600 what do you think peoples. ?

I got exactly the same, except a Harmony One (I prefer the light sabre rather than the tablet ;))

2790 + 510 + 315 = 3615

I would say 3600 for with the more expensive remote is a good deal ;)

PS: I adore the remote, its perfect :)

My retailer's 2IC, said that more panels were coming in off the boat next week. He said there aren't any in Samsung's warehouse, that they would have to clear customs, and then get distributed.

pinch of salt etc.

I'm waiting to replace my faulty panel. At least I can still watch stuff in the meantime.

Got the call yesterday that they had my replacement panel in. Picked it up this morning :)

Will test tonight... fingers crossed ;)

How have you found the 46"f8?

Much reflection off the screen?

Only notice reflection when the screen is off.

I couldn't believe the f8 didn't have a non reflecting screen when i went to have a look at one yesterday!!!

yep, it just doesn't seem to be a problem when its on.

Is that the "super clear" panel they are talking about?

Not sure

The non reflecting screen is what i like about LCD's, with the clear screen it looks more like a plasma, although a hellava lot brighter. I wonder if future models are going to have this also.

Happy viewing on your new tv,

Wags

Thanks

Guest twostubs
I got exactly the same, except a Harmony One (I prefer the light sabre rather than the tablet ;))

2790 + 510 + 315 = 3615

I would say 3600 for with the more expensive remote is a good deal ;)

PS: I adore the remote, its perfect :)

Thanks for the reply Stux...cheers