Samsung TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Are ppl still waiting for their LCD?

APPARENTLY all orders are suppose to be filled by end of this month!

I doubt this dead line is achievable!

Slack Retailers? Slack Distributors? Slack Samsung? or all 3.

I purchased a 46" F8 in Sydney from Domayne (Belrose store) on Saturday - they had 3 in stock at the time (2008 manufacture date)

they were the only retailer in Sydney I found that had stock of the 46" - all other retailers said new stock is arriving until 1st to 2nd week of April, but not sure they really knew

In some cases it has been slack retailers and slack destributors.

In some cases it has been Samsung's fault, but not because they are 'slack'.

You see, Australia is a tiny speck in the great wide world. Large corporate companies have large markets in US, Europe and Asia worth Billions. Australia doesnt even count for 1% of some of these companies turnover. So when we run out of stock, and ask for more, we have to wait our turn, which can be quite down the food chain.

This just doesnt apply to Samsung, many companies do it. And its not because the local Samsng people dont care - they are more frustrated than anyone else about this.

Edit: by the way, a large shipment of 46" have arrived. I know this because the distributor I buy from does have stock of the 46" now (including spare stock). So its now a matter of the various distributors and retailers ensuring a quick turnaround.

Edited by lioannou

Are these guys any good? $2447 after the rebate seems too good to be true for interest free. So tempting......

I got my 46f8 from these guys,ordered on the 14/3 it came in on the 29/3 received it 3/4 in sydney no problems, but its not interest free.The promo price was $2799 plus $70 delivery i got my first statement today total owed without delivery is $2853, paid off in full today ,so overall about $2920 delivered. My only worry was the unit arrived with a harvey norman price tag on the box, not sure what that means but so far i havent had a problem with it,other than the motion plus problems as encountered by all.Oh and a audio lag problem with inputs such as xbox and foxtel.

Edited by the priest

I got my 46f8 from these guys,ordered on the 14/3 it came in on the 29/3 received it 3/4 in sydney no problems, but its not interest free.The promo price was $2799 plus $70 delivery i got my first statement today total owed without delivery is $2853, paid off in full today ,so overall about $2920 delivered. My only worry was the unit arrived with a harvey norman price tag on the box, not sure what that means but so far i havent had a problem with it,other than the motion plus problems as encountered by all.Oh and a audio lag problem with inputs such as xbox and foxtel.

Btw i just checked the statement it is through hsbc and the interest rate is 18.25p/a

Hi All

I've just spent basically 3hrs reading thru all 137 pages on this forum and hats off to you all for helping each other with all the issues you have had with the F8.

I have just bought the F8 about a week ago along with a Samsung Blu-Ray Player P1400. I have had a huge amount of problems with the Blu-Ray player and have spent the last week loading Firmware and testing it all out, etc. Anyway, I thought I'd type in F8 into Google to see if anyone has had any problems with it. I was suprised to see that they had and it really seems to be a 'standard' with most Samsung products it seems.

I have noticed the TBE and the 24fps probs on blu-ray as well - and here I was thinking the 24fps was just one of the blu-ray problems. I can assure you a lot of people on the AVS forum think it is. But I have downloaded the Firmware and will load it on my TV tonight.

I just have a couple of questions regarding the above:

1) I have downloaded the FW 1013, it has 3 img files, a txt file and a Word Doc. What do I load onto the USB drive, just the img files or the whole lot?

2) Can someone please tell me what the best settings are to use? I'm still using settings straight out of box and Contrast was set to 100, which seems way to high.

3) When do I use Auto Motion Plus? Low? Med? High? Do you even recommend I turn it on?

4) I've tried claiming the rebate on the website, but everytime you hit the 'Finalise and Submit' button it just reloads the same page - it doesnt allow you to print out the claim form that you HAVE to send in within 14 days of buying the TV. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks so much in advance for your help regarding the above questions. As a whole I am really happy with the F8, despite the few probs - there isn't a better LCD around that can beat it IMO.

Thanks Guys!

Elijah

Hi All

I have just bought the F8 about a week ago along with a Samsung Blu-Ray Player P1400. I have had a huge amount of problems with the Blu-Ray player and have spent the last week loading Firmware and testing it all out, etc. Anyway, I thought I'd type in F8 into Google to see if anyone has had any problems with it. I was suprised to see that they had and it really seems to be a 'standard' with most Samsung products it seems.

I have noticed the TBE and the 24fps probs on blu-ray as well - and here I was thinking the 24fps was just one of the blu-ray problems. I can assure you a lot of people on the AVS forum think it is. But I have downloaded the Firmware and will load it on my TV tonight.

I just have a couple of questions regarding the above:

1) I have downloaded the FW 1013, it has 3 img files, a txt file and a Word Doc. What do I load onto the USB drive, just the img files or the whole lot?

2) Can someone please tell me what the best settings are to use? I'm still using settings straight out of box and Contrast was set to 100, which seems way to high.

3) When do I use Auto Motion Plus? Low? Med? High? Do you even recommend I turn it on?

4) I've tried claiming the rebate on the website, but everytime you hit the 'Finalise and Submit' button it just reloads the same page - it doesnt allow you to print out the claim form that you HAVE to send in within 14 days of buying the TV. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks so much in advance for your help regarding the above questions. As a whole I am really happy with the F8, despite the few probs - there isn't a better LCD around that can beat it IMO.

Thanks Guys!

Elijah

1) for the FW1013 update, once you dwld the zip file off samsung's website, extract it to your computer which would show a folder called "image" ... put the whole image folder into your usb and connect it to your samsung which should then recognize the firmware update.

Jumping to question 3)

According to Samsung, Low motion plus is for Blu ray playback ...... medium motion plus is for regular FTA and foxtel and HDTV etc.... and high is for fast moving Sport games.

BTW, from what i hear, the samsung bdp-1400's latest firmware 1.5 is supposed to rectify the TBE and 24fps issues.

Please reply with your feedback since I myself am looking for the bdp1400 in the near future.

If also you could tell me what price you got the bdp1400 that would be great.

thanks!

p.s: 100 is too high for contrast... i always find it best when its between 65-70.. and brightness color and sharpness in the 50s.

Thanks I misread that. When you say audio lag through xbox is that using XBMC through component? If so how far out is the lag?

1) for the FW1013 update, once you dwld the zip file off samsung's website, extract it to your computer which would show a folder called "image" ... put the whole image folder into your usb and connect it to your samsung which should then recognize the firmware update.

Jumping to question 3)

According to Samsung, Low motion plus is for Blu ray playback ...... medium motion plus is for regular FTA and foxtel and HDTV etc.... and high is for fast moving Sport games.

BTW, from what i hear, the samsung bdp-1400's latest firmware 1.5 is supposed to rectify the TBE and 24fps issues.

Please reply with your feedback since I myself am looking for the bdp1400 in the near future.

If also you could tell me what price you got the bdp1400 that would be great.

thanks!

p.s: 100 is too high for contrast... i always find it best when its between 65-70.. and brightness color and sharpness in the 50s.

Thanks for that, will try it! Hopefully after I load this firmware on tonight I'll have no more probs!

I have loaded the 1400 latest FW on 1.5 and it fixed a lot of probs (main one was the fact that when you turned it on it would freezeand it took about 10 goes switching it on and off to get it to work - this was straight out of the box mind you too), The FW has fixed that. Still got 24fps prob, but that could be F8 rather than the Blu-Ray player. I got P1400 from Harvey Norman for $597, plus I get another $200 rebate from Samsung - if they fix their website problem?!?! So it actuality I will have paid $397 for it! When it works the PQ is amazing!!! Though it still has a couple issues - ie Not playing certain Blu-Rays (Die Hard 4.0 & Pirates of Carribean 3). Hopefully next FW update will fix that!!

could someone help me out by telling me how to switch off the blue light when the TV is on?

its fine when im just watching regular channels, but i would prefer to switch it off when watching a movie.

Thanks for the help.

Menu>Setup>Light Effect

Just a reminder, you can have it always off, have it always on, While watching TV or on standby.

Dont worry about point 4, Samsung have fixed this issue as of today. Its working!

Thanks I misread that. When you say audio lag through xbox is that using XBMC through component? If so how far out is the lag?

Both xbox 360 and foxtel are connected to the tv by component.The lag is about 3/10ths of a second sometimes less, not really that bad but it does throw the lipsync out when watching foxtel. I have overcome the problem by connecting straight to my stereo with optical out.Might only be a problem with my unit, but i know of at least one other in this forum with the same issue. :unsure:

Both xbox 360 and foxtel are connected to the tv by component.The lag is about 3/10ths of a second sometimes less, not really that bad but it does throw the lipsync out when watching foxtel. I have overcome the problem by connecting straight to my stereo with optical out.Might only be a problem with my unit, but i know of at least one other in this forum with the same issue. :unsure:

I too experience the foxtel sound lag. Perfectly fine of FTA. In the afternoon it can be terrible, almost half a second out. Using scart to componant. And this is through the TV.

Not playing certain Blu-Rays (Die Hard 4.0 & Pirates of Carribean 3). Hopefully next FW update will fix that!!

hey, die hard 4.0 used to not work with the old firmwares, but from the bdp1400 forum on DTV... people have said that it now works after v1.5... can you check again?

cheers.

hey, die hard 4.0 used to not work with the old firmwares, but from the bdp1400 forum on DTV... people have said that it now works after v1.5... can you check again?

Ok, I hired it out last time...so I'll have to hire it out again. But pretty sure I hired it after loading current FW (i think)!

Hey guys ive got a P9 plasma and i notice that reflection can be a bit annoying occasionally.

What about the glossy screen on the F81? does it reflect a bit? especially compared to other lcd matte like the sony x??

And one more thing how do games on 360, ps3 look on this set??

:rolleyes:

can anyone tell me whats the warranty period for the freebie lcds?

it doesn't state on the letter how many years warranty it holds.

is it samsung's standard 3 year warranty?

I'll save you the trouble of having to look. Just click on warranty proceedure.

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/repairpo...e=D&vType=R

I wished I could enjoy the warranty on my free tv. It's only been 12 weeks now.

Edited by Khtulu

I'll save you the trouble of having to look. Just click on warranty proceedure.

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/repairpo...e=D&vType=R

I wished I could enjoy the warranty on my free tv. It's only been 12 weeks now.

ahh thanks for that.

pick up the phone, and fire them, you will up end up with the 32" free TV.

only because samsung has not agreed to their T&C which is 6-8 weeks.

try it out anyway, it should work.