Osborn Gtg Mkii - Saturday 3rd March 2007

Drizt

Can we make some equipment requests now as there is only 1 week to go?

I still want to hear the Epitomes with the Reference 150 hybrid amp, but I'd also like to have a turntable attached (not asking for too much I hope!).

DS [/b]

I'll ask Greg.... remind me to put my ear muffs on where the vinyl gets a run.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afraid of the sound of real music rather than ones and zeros are we :unsure:

Luddite! - just for you I think I'll pack some mono vinyl (to be serious for a moment, mono mixes from the 60s are often far superior as stereo was not the norm and the mono mixes were more carefully put together while the stereo mixes were really chucked together).

DS

What's it doing under the house? I could bring my DSOTM but it is in ratsh*t condition and it is quadraphonic - no quadraphonic amps available I assume, not to mention SQ decoders.

If you're into Pink Floyd, have you ever heard the mono mix of Piper at the Gates of Dawn? I pirated it because I can't afford to get it on vinyl (seems to go for £150-200 which is too much although I might try and get the CD reissue one day). I can bring it if you like, I assume it is from the CD reissue and I find it a bit fatiguing at volume but it is a much better and far superior mix.

DS

What's it doing under the house?[/b]

I hadn't played LPs in years. So packed up they got. I sold my Rega P3 to finance my AVR.

I can't bring myself to sell off the LPs though.

I still believe one day I'll get another TT. I did like the ritual of vinyl.

If you're into Pink Floyd, have you ever heard the mono mix of Piper at the Gates of Dawn? ... I can bring it if you like, I assume it is from the CD reissue and I find it a bit fatiguing at volume but it is a much better and far superior mix.

[/b]

I haven't heard it, but I'm keen... Let's both take 'em along & see what happens.

If fatgen is coming, maybe he has a pocket sized LP cleaner, coz I know I don't have any of those accessories any more. God knows how much pop & static will be on my vinyl.

G

Drizt, is it too late for me to register my interest?

Damned work ... I take on all this extra work and then now they tell me they don't need me on that particular Saturday! Well at least i'll be free to come! :unsure: [/b]

No problems Amfibius, your in. :)

Davidsss, sorry to say mate but its a no to moving the turntable from the main room (where the Grand Monuments are).

Apparently all the regular speakers will be there (except the normal Titans, I think the TLR reference versions will be there.)

No problems Amfibius, your in. :unsure:

Davidsss, sorry to say mate but its a no to moving the turntable from the main room (where the Grand Monuments are).

Apparently all the regular speakers will be there (except the normal Titans, I think the TLR reference versions will be there.)

[/b]

Is Greg doing another 10% thing or is it just a 'GTG'.

cheers

James

Apparently he will be giving the same offer as last time. :unsure:

so yes, 10% off.

[/b]

Nice

I would've liked to come down to this GTG and due to changes in my training plans I guess I could have now. Oh well.

I might have to fly down one weekend or mid week and have another listen. It is just getting them back to Sydney that will be the hard/expensive part. STill have to have a good listen to the epitomes.

cheers

James

Nice

I would've liked to come down to this GTG and due to changes in my training plans I guess I could have now. Oh well.

I might have to fly down one weekend or mid week and have another listen. It is just getting them back to Sydney that will be the hard/expensive part. STill have to have a good listen to the epitomes.

cheers

James [/b]

If your available jimmmy and still want to come let me know jimmmy, im sure I could arrange something. And theres still 4 guys who are tentative.

If your available jimmmy and still want to come let me know jimmmy, im sure I could arrange something. And theres still 4 guys who are tentative.

[/b]

cheers Dritz

Am very keen. Will let you know mid week as I will have a better idea then.

cheers

James

Good news guys, as of today these are the speakers that will be available for our little gtg on saturday.

Reference Titans (TLR)

Reference Titans (Be) - These are the same ones we listened to at Norpus'. They have been fixed (crossover) so they sound much better now apparently.

Interludes

Eclipse

Eclipse + Bass units

Reference Eclipse

Reference Eclipse + Bass units

Epitomes

Epitomes + Bass units

Grand Monuments (Be)

Should be a good day, and we get to meet some new faces, and some old :)

I didn't know you could do the eclipse with bass units. Sounds interesting.

DS

[/b]

These are new. Greg did a special order for a customer. Since he was building one set he ordered a couple of sets of boxes. Looks like he made one set as a normal set and one as a reference.

Regards

Danton

There are still a number of tentatives, can those guys please reply with a confirmation or denial... cheers.

Also if these tentatives do fall through, are there any others wanting to put their hands up to fill those spaces ?

Cheers

Drizt

There are still a number of tentatives, can those guys please reply with a confirmation or denial... cheers.

Also if these tentatives do fall through, are there any others wanting to put their hands up to fill those spaces ?

Cheers

Drizt

[/b]

Drizt,

I will be coming, but I'll be late.

I'll probably arrive 4-5pm.

How long is the session anticipated to run?

Danton