Update On Ht..

I managed to get a few more things done in my HT over the past few months including front and rear platform with steps and lights, 2 rows of 3 HT recliners, 2 DVD/CD wall mounted cabinets and I finally got carpet! It’s still very much work in progress but its slowly coming together.

Over the next few months I need to get an AV rack as it’s very messy at the moment, plus paint the room in something more interesting and HT looking. I have front and rear curtains going in early next year which should change the look a bit.

Some updated pics here:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=44683

Wow! This is far more advanced than you explained to me Jaenschw...Love the carpet. Comfy seating for 6 and very nice speaker setup... very nice!

Very nice J and I agree with Nobby the carpet is beautiful.Just a few points , the left speaker is too close to the side wall , so you may be better to move both speakers a bit closer to the screen if possible and having the sub in the corner may cause it to give a fairly boomy repsonse.

All the same a beautiful looking room.

Gordon

Very nice J and I agree with Nobby the carpet is beautiful.Just a few points , the left speaker is too close to the side wall , so you may be better to move both speakers a bit closer to the screen if possible and having the sub in the corner may cause it to give a fairly boomy repsonse.

All the same a beautiful looking room.

Gordon

Thanks for the feedback ozcal, I just finished moving the front speakers closer to the screen as you suggested! Thanks again!

You are right about the sub, it does sound boomy. I have tried moving the sub next to the center speaker and it does sound better. The only thing is that my sub cable comes out of the wall over where the sub is pictured. When I moved the sub near the center speaker the sub cable was visible (which annoyed me) so I just put the sub back where it was. My fault for running the cable there during frame stage…

Thanks for the feedback ozcal, I just finished moving the front speakers closer to the screen as you suggested! Thanks again!

You are right about the sub, it does sound boomy. I have tried moving the sub next to the center speaker and it does sound better. The only thing is that my sub cable comes out of the wall over where the sub is pictured. When I moved the sub near the center speaker the sub cable was visible (which annoyed me) so I just put the sub back where it was. My fault for running the cable there during frame stage…

He he , I understand the dilema , it may be worthwhile for long term satisfaction to 'bite the bullet' and recable now , with all the attendant replastering and cable re-routing, before everything is completely finished.

I would end up focussing on the boominess of the sub and forgetting about the overall quality of the system but thats just your anal retentive scottish friend :blink: .

Gordon

Do you have any plans to paint the walls? Particularly the screen wall?

Yes I am doing this over Christmas during my annual leave. The room definately needs a paint job, it looks very bland and too light at the moment.

Could you stash the sub cable under the carpet?

Yeah I should be able to pull the edges of the carpet up and run cables under it. Although, I may need some assistance with this task as I'm not known for my handyman skills! :blink: Lucky I have good contacts :P

wow, excellent job, great finish...

everything looks really great

did you have much trouble aligning the IN76 onto the screen??

i heard that the IN76 has no lens shift...

The ceiling mount has an extension pole cut to size so it all aligned up no problems. But you're right, the IN76 has no lens shift.

I can't take any credit for setting up the screen or PJ though, I paid professionals for that as I was too scared of stuffing it up :D

He he , I understand the dilema , it may be worthwhile for long term satisfaction to 'bite the bullet' and recable now , with all the attendant replastering and cable re-routing, before everything is completely finished.

I would end up focussing on the boominess of the sub and forgetting about the overall quality of the system but thats just your anal retentive scottish friend :blink: .

Gordon

I hear ya Gordon, just working up the courage to rip into new plaster! Hopefully I can run some cables under the sides of the carpet, failing that, chop-chop it is!

I hear ya Gordon, just working up the courage to rip into new plaster! Hopefully I can run some cables under the sides of the carpet, failing that, chop-chop it is!

Could you possibly run the cable under the raised stage and have a connection plate sitting on the floor behind the sub?

That way you won't even see the sub cable coming from the wall behind to the sub it will stay neatly hidden behind the sub itself with a small and neat interconnect cable.

I am really new to this type of thing but your set up looks fantastic

love the chairs...mind me asking where you got them from

I think this is going to turn into an addiction for me

Again Fantastic

Dr Mike

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been away for a few days. I ended up getting the 6 HT chairs from Furniture Galore (http://www.furnituregalore.com.au) as the price was irresistible. I was looking around for ages and nearly settled on leather ones for 5k, however, I saw these at Furniture Galore for 2k for the 6 chairs and I soon changed my mind. They are super comfy and the fabric has a 5 year guarantee, it was a no brainer for me in the end.

Could you possibly run the cable under the raised stage and have a connection plate sitting on the floor behind the sub?

That way you won't even see the sub cable coming from the wall behind to the sub it will stay neatly hidden behind the sub itself with a small and neat interconnect cable.

Good idea, that could work!