Pioneer 507

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought a 507 from a place in Armadale, Vic. called Max Home Projects for $5300. It was installed by the owner within a week (Pioneer trained tech) and the guy who helps him is an audio engineer so will calibrate your surround system as part of the deal. Great service!

G'day greencut,

I am close to Armadale do you have additional contact details on where you got the 507 from?

Thanks vm

Jason

... Contact Peter Stewart on xxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxx...

I'm no moderator but this info should be exchanged via Private Message. Be considerate and delete it.

If you don't I'm going to put YOUR phone number on the back of a door in a public toilet. A really dirty one. :blink:

Got my Pio 507 installed yesterday. It's OK. Nothing great.

Who am I kidding. IT'S %$#@ING AWESOME. I love it!

Pros: great screen. the built-in speaker sounds really good. My Jamos haven't arrived yet...

Cons: Channel changing takes longer than the old analogue set. Surfing digital channels is a pain because you can't remove channels from the main list.

This will hopefully be a thing of the past when I get my Toppy.

Mac mini is hooked up using a dvi to vga cable from Jaycar. I was going to try a DVI to HDMI converter cable but the Pio manual mentioned something about digital signals having to be HDCP compliant, so I piked out rather than stuffing around. I may try again later, but at the moment Frontrow looks great and G-Force looks awesome on VGA.

Surfing digital channels is a pain because you can't remove channels from the main list.

This will hopefully be a thing of the past when I get my Toppy.

Surely you can create a favourites list and just surf through those????

There is a favourites list, but it has no effect on the "channel up" and "channel down" buttons.

Plus, bringing up the faves menu and scrolling through it is slow - almost painfully slow. It's quicker to type in the number of the channel you want, IMHO.

Yeh, but that involves hitting the fav key, then scrolling up/down and hitting OK. Hardly conducive to mindless channel surfing. Maybe that's a hint though ... :blink:

OT: I thought I had more food than I do in the fridge at work for lunch and now I'm hungry. Hmmm, chips?

...The nice gentleman at JB Hi Fi mentioned 5050 for a 507.

Do you remember which store and/or sales person gave you this price. I am getting a little frustrated here not being able to pickup a price better than $5500! Any advice, names, locations would be so greatly appreciated.

Do you remember which store and/or sales person gave you this price. I am getting a little frustrated here not being able to pickup a price better than $5500! Any advice, names, locations would be so greatly appreciated.

Neither one of you have any "from" info in your profile so one has no idea what city you are in, let alone what State. :blink:

Fixler - if you go into your local JB Store, tell them you will buy there and then for $5300 then I would be very surprised if they decline the sale. In my experience getting down to $5200 or less is much harder and you will have to decide whether it is worth the extra time and trouble. I paid $5100 and offered to send some more buyers to the store (Clive Anthony's in Brisbane) via this forum and they were not at all keen. Not sure on the stock situation through Pioneer but the nice thing about JB and Clive Anthony's is that they have their own stock. When I was buying just over a month ago, JB were more than happy to do $5300 but would not go below this. I'd be very surprised if you can't at least match this.

I paid $5100 and offered to send some more buyers to the store (Clive Anthony's in Brisbane) via this forum and they were not at all keen.

hehehe I think that was me :D

They were surprised to see word had gotten out so quickly, but they did $5100 for me and $1380 on the 2016 AVR. I have them both set up now and am happy with them both. :blink:

I need some help:

My mate has an offer in Singapore, the Pioneer 507 for Aus$ 6500 plus a DVR745 DVD recorder,

Or

a Panny 50" for 5166Aus$ plus a DVD cam corder

And I can't unbundle them.

Please, any opinions on the options?

I guess we beat the shopping capital of Asia for prices!

I just have a few questions regarding gaming on this panel of anyone can help.

1) Does anyone have any opinions on the picture quality when hooked up to an xbox 360?

2) Is gaming more prone to image retention than normal HDTV and DVD watching...?

3) Also, is there any image blur when gaming on this panel (ie, blurry when moving from side to side in games like GOW and COD3)...? From what I beleive there is no response time for plasmas, unlike LCD which the best one can do these days is 8ms.

Cheers.

I picked up a pioneer 507 xda for $4,688 from Myer. I used two special offers (Myer One <$10 off for every $75 spent> and Source Card <10%>) in conjuction - effectively giving me about 23% off the shelf sticker of $5999.

Someone else got David Jones to match this using the copy of the receipt I emailed them.

My father in law went back to get one (to the same Myer) and was informed that the guy who sold me mine had to 'explain himself' to management as it was below cost for Myer and the two deals shouldn't have been used in conjunction.

I took delivery of it last week and it is awesome. Picture quality is awesome.

Could i please get a copy of this please :blink:

Also where did you get that myer one coupon, are they still valid ?

Could i please get a copy of this please :blink:

Also where did you get that myer one coupon, are they still valid ?

Hi mate!

I don't think Myer made a mistake. You just got it or whoever bought that day deal should have gotten with that. If anyone joined with Coles Myer source card get 10% incentive, regardless of with any other offer, except one day sales. In that time the Myer one deal was also going on, which is spend every 75 and 10 off. I am sure the price you got it nearly same or bit above the cost price of the plasma, however in those circumstances of join with Coles myer card, this won't be counted. If you noticed sometimes Myer one card spend 75 and get 10 off and also Flybuys card also spend 100 and get 10 off. In these situation you can't use all 3 offers.

However from January 31st Myer is withdrawing Interest Free on Coles Myer source master card and don't think they will allo this 10% deal. So as a summary this deal won't happen again. You are really lucky.......

I don't think Myer made a mistake.

(snip)

You are really lucky.......

No it wasn't me who got that deal but i'm sure that the person that manged it did say that they shouldn't have done it - it's usual to only apply ONE special offer, not to combine all current offers on one purchase...

Still - they *may* make the same mistake again... :blink:

Joined the forum today just for a copy of the receipt eh! :-)

forget it mate - Myers made a mistake on that deal and lost money - it most likely won't be allowed to happen again.

Going price for the 507 at the moment is $5200, perhaps $5100 if you are lucky and push really hard....

Good luck!

I was a member back in 2005, i was setting up SAT tv for my grandma.

However i have long ago switched isps and couldnt get my password back.

:-P Spent all day chasing the 506 for the clearance price, however i missed by a few hours :blink:

Also i dont think that myer deal is possible anymore, aperantly the source card is no longer offered.

No it wasn't me who got that deal but i'm sure that the person that manged it did say that they shouldn't have done it - it's usual to only apply ONE special offer, not to combine all current offers on one purchase...

Still - they *may* make the same mistake again... :D

I have a fealing we may start getting more american style offers here now that americans are involved with the company.

Often its not uncommon to use 4+ offers in a transaction, sometimes even the person at the counter will give you an extra offer that you may not know about (often after using some offers, they would ask if i knew about offer xzy, and pull out a store copy of coupons and just use that for me.

during my 2 months there i got quite a few deals,

One of the best discounts i obtained was when i was back in brisbane, this was 560 dollars of photo processing for 99 cents + 15 bucks postage (combining about 20 offers). I'm guessing that with the few KG of photos i recieved they paid lots more than 15 dollar on postage. (www.snapfish.com).

Oh and dont think badly of me for taking advantage of the offers they had. I actualy talked to the company and they loved what happened, aperantly about 400 people got the deal and they got lots and lots of media attention (all positive as they came though with the deal)

Plus i've used them a fair bit still, and have told tons of people about them.

I got the Pio 507 xda for $4,688 from Myer.

I emailed about 20 receipts off and had a response from 1 person that they got David Jones to match the receipt. It was a very good deal and I am happy with the Pio 507. Great plasma for a great price.

I think I was just lucky to get sales staff that didn't tend to deal with people using multiple Myer discounts at once on big transactions.

I emailed about 20 receipts off and had a response from 1 person that they got David Jones to match the receipt. It was a very good deal and I am happy with the Pio 507. Great plasma for a great price.

davidolszewski@hotmail.com

If you wouldnt mind, most likely the date on it is too old and the city wont match but could i still please get a copy.

Thank you.

- David

just been playing COD3 on the 360 on my 507, when I threw a smoke grenade I noticed that it is kind of patchy, you can see lines through the white of smoke It's a little distraching. Has anyone noticed this and is this the game or the settings on the TV? Besides the smoke the graphics look amazing!!! :blink: