New R Series Samsung LCD TV range

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Just to let all know, I finally have my new toy la32r71rd, love it, for anyone just wanting a good tv this is it.. I am no sound and picture purist so all seems fine to me. At $2020 in Bunbury ( 2 hours south of perth) WA by Betta electrical.

I too have been tryingh to get my LG DVD/VCR combi to work on the remote..... damm LG codes are hard to find.... even downloaded other universal remote manuals to see if their codes worked... nonono. (DC593W) if anyone has these codes... please post them. TI have asked staff at BE to ask LG for them (Good Luck) The instructions on the back of the remote are vague...

I assume press, DVD or VCR then SET then the code?????? seems to only take 3 numbers. However it it not a huge thing for me, just convience. My picture is a bit ligh so I am still playing with settings... can't wait for ABC Nature show to realy test HD quality... keep posting comments and tweaks ... Oh yes the blue strip under Tv that is all it is a blue strip.. no light nothing else,

Hi all

I too have been tryingh to get my LG DVD/VCR combi to work on the remote..... damm LG codes are hard to find.... even downloaded other universal remote manuals to see if their codes worked... nonono. (DC593W) if anyone has these codes... please post them. TI have asked staff at BE to ask LG for them (Good Luck) The instructions on the back of the remote are vague...

I assume press, DVD or VCR then SET then the code?????? seems to only take 3 numbers.

Hi all, first post here although I have been lurking for a while. I just bought the LA26R71BD and I found this link while searching for details on how to program the Samsung remote. It shows how to enter the 3 digit codes and also you can download a list of codes that the remote will accept. I was able to get my LG VCR/DVD Home Theater Amp to work using one of the codes listed under VCR's, but have not been able to get any of the DVD codes to work. I have also so far been unable to get my Foxtel Analogue Amstrad box to work with the codes listed. Hope that helps.

Cheers, Ian

Howdy

I'm a new owner of a new R series 40" Samsung too. Bit of an impulse purchase as I got it at the Harvey Norman Sale. Price was $2999 with an extra 2 years warranty. Previously i was after a 50" Plasma but at that size i would have liked something with 1920x1080 res so was just waiting for those.

Anyway offer was sweet and took it home the same day, so far only watched tele on it with the integrated hdtv tuner, overall quite happy. I thought the Bravia V series was nicer but couldnt justify the extra $1k + the price of a decent HDTV hdmi set top box

The Video Processing is quite good making non native resolution programming on the LCD quite watchable.

Hi all

Just to let all know, I finally have my new toy la32r71rd, love it, for anyone just wanting a good tv this is it.. I am no sound and picture purist so all seems fine to me. At $2020 in Bunbury ( 2 hours south of perth) WA by Betta electrical.

I assume press, DVD or VCR then SET then the code?????? seems to only take 3 numbers. However it it not a huge thing for me, just convience. My picture is a bit ligh so I am still playing with settings... can't wait for ABC Nature show to realy test HD quality... keep posting comments and tweaks ... Oh yes the blue strip under Tv that is all it is a blue strip.. no light nothing else,

Thanks Jards88, 009 code worked for the VCR side of my duel unit... many many thanks.

Hay basejump... was that a tongue in cheek responce:)...Have you mounted your 32" in the kitchen yet?

If anyone finds the LG DVD code PLEASE for all our sakes post it, This type of form is soooo usefull.... now where did my little one hide MY NEW REMOTE!!!!!!!!!!

Probably like others visiting this thread, I'm waiting patiently for my next pay so I can grab the 32" version of this beast.

One question I have is whether anyone has had further success with hooking up a PC over DVI->HDMI? One of the posters in this thread said that he could get it running at about 720p.

Anyone get any higher?

Also, for those that might be interested, the Samsung store at Burwood shopping centre has the white version of the 32" on display.

It looks ... white. I guess if you like that sort of thing and it will fit in nicely with your white house, it would be a great buy.

Hi Jards88

I tried all the 001, 002.....099 codes for my LG DVD/VCR unit, no good BBUUTTT then tried combos of 111, 222,.... and 888 works, my DVD is now controlled by the remote, So in Summary LG VCR 009, LG DVD 888, hopes this helps somone else.... enjoy your toys

OOps almost forgot.. 031 and 025 only switched power on and off for DVD/VCR unit DVD would not paly etc. perhaps it controls other LG devices??? worth a try....

One question I have is whether anyone has had further success with hooking up a PC over DVI->HDMI? One of the posters in this thread said that he could get it running at about 720p.

I'm keen to hear about others experience with this too. Is it possible to run a PC via DVI/HDMI? If so, what resolution was able to be achieved?

hi xluke done the dusting??? perhaps a white one will show less dust :blink:

i have notised that faces zoomed up close on DTV and analogue seem pasty... almost like bad makeup??? as I have no idea what dtv should look like any sugestions.... should I use a DVD on pause to get the settings right ?? or could it be my reception or Unit??

almost like bad makeup???

Funny as it sounds, could in fact be bad makeup. There was an "evolution" in the world of makeup artists when DTV rolled around, particularly HD, because suddenly the standard tv efforts the makeup artists were doing for their stars were showing up really obviously on high quality digital tv!!

Or it could just be your colour settings :blink:

Guest maestro!

Picked up my 32" yesterday about 5PM. Fully dismantled existing gear and installed new one including programming by 6PM (and that included the drive home)!

Superb unit...although upgrading from a 15 year old 19" CRT doesn't really say too much. My wife is impressed, so it must be good. Also setup sound to home through our existing Yamaha unit which makes the sound quality match the picture.

I was amazed at the number of digital services in Brisbane (29). Also impressed that I'm using my old antenna and getting signal quality of 95 on all the channels I tested!

Tonights job will be to try and program the remote to use our Pioneer DVD...the amp would be good too, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I suspect my son will have played on the PS2 by the time I get home, so that should be interesting.

Overall VERY impressed with the unit. Fitted beautifully into our entertainment unit too, although there's no space for the VCR now which will be moved to another room in the house.

Guest maestro!
could be cmcdonald, i am looking for the THX optimiser in all my dvds but .... none have it even my THX cert ones, starwars 3 etc,

I found it (accidentally) last night on Pirates of the Carribean.

Hi Jards88

I tried all the 001, 002.....099 codes for my LG DVD/VCR unit, no good BBUUTTT then tried combos of 111, 222,.... and 888 works, my DVD is now controlled by the remote, So in Summary LG VCR 009, LG DVD 888, hopes this helps somone else.... enjoy your toys

OOps almost forgot.. 031 and 025 only switched power on and off for DVD/VCR unit DVD would not paly etc. perhaps it controls other LG devices??? worth a try....

Roxtan,

Thanks for the DVD code, works a treat with my LG combo home theatre setup as well. So now can control both VCR and DVD. Now if I could only find a code to work my Foxtel Analogue Amstrad box I would be all set. Anyway I will be upgrading to digital in the near future so maybe it will work with that ok.

Cheers, Ian

i (and a few others) have been able to get get 1x1 pixel mapping on 1360x768 resolution using a dvi/hdmi lead.

Thanks very much for reporting that, Xluke. I'm curious: what graphics card did you use? Any special software (Powerstrip?)?

Cheers,

Daniel

Guest maestro!
maestro, what are your settings, i know each for themselves but other's figures are always a good guide. Did you use a blue filter to get colour setting or like me went ahh pass... next...

Haven't fiddled too much yet, but noticed the colour filter (?) was set to 'warm'. I've changed this to none (or whatever the middle option was). I've turned the colour down from 55 to 50 and dropped the brightness down about 5-10 as well.

I've spent most of my time trying to get the remote to control my Pioneer DVD. Starting at 000 I'm up to 075 with no luck...something to do over the weekend :blink:

Maestro i got sick of trying the 001 002 003... i went through them all... then tried to jag a few numbers, try 000, 111, 222, etc. thanks for setting info... any others out there now... your setting would help us all.

Found these in the lowda 10 in 1 Universal remote manual I down loaded while searching for my own codes..for "Pioneer DVD 0118, 0128, 0198, 0228", perhaps drop the 0 see if these help.

Was in Myers Brisbane city tonight and saw they have the white version of the 32" R series, looks a lot nicer IMO and doesn't seem to show up all the dust like the black model. I hope they bring out a 40" version soon and in time for me to blow my tax return on.