First Cd / Lp Shop Visited In Brisbane

It was a cloudy (and small shower raining) morning in Brisbane city..... Occasionally sunny city does rain :-)

Initially I was intending to visit JB Hifi at Adelaide Street, however eyes were caught by a shop with lots of CD and vinyl LP record shop. (under ground 1xx Adelaide st, called ButterBeats).

The manager Jason (not sure if he is the shop owner) - Jason with his staff were being very friendly and helpful, the music variety major is rockNrock, Jazz, Pop... and lots of acesseories with T-shirts.....I finally bought 4 CDs plus 13 LP records. No chance to listen the LP record at my Brisbane apartement but CDs are tested immediately right after the lunch - all mint condition! Great value!

Highly recommended shop and will re-visit again next time.

PA Brisbane folks: Pls share info your recommended CD / LP shops info., and Hifi shops (provide audition rooms).

Cheers,

Fatgen

You have to go to Rockaway records in ashgrove, 5 mins out of the city, possibly one of the best LP stores in the country considering his brothers own what are regarded as one of the best globally, it would be up there.... get to know him he has some absolute treasures.

Rockaway LA check out his Collectibles....

The Music Shop in Queen street mall, near the top as your walking uphill on the right 150m from the top of the mall, downstairs has 2nd hand LP's and one of the largest CD stores certainly in brisbane.

Those will take up hours they take up days for me :biggrin:

You have to go to Rockaway records in ashgrove, 5 mins out of the city, possibly one of the best LP stores in the country considering his brothers own what are regarded as one of the best globally, it would be up there.... get to know him he has some absolute treasures.

Rockaway LA check out his Collectibles....

The Music Shop in Queen street mall, near the top as your walking uphill on the right 150m from the top of the mall, downstairs has 2nd hand LP's and one of the largest CD stores certainly in brisbane.

Those will take up hours they take up days for me :biggrin:

[/b]

el_hefty,

great info. I will check it out during the lunch time (before flying home - Melb).

keep in touched.

Fatgen

It was a cloudy (and small shower raining) morning in Brisbane city..... Occasionally sunny city does rain :-)

Initially I was intending to visit JB Hifi at Adelaide Street, however eyes were caught by a shop with lots of CD and vinyl LP record shop. (under ground 1xx Adelaide st, called ButterBeats).

The manager Jason (not sure if he is the shop owner) - Jason with his staff were being very friendly and helpful, the music variety major is rockNrock, Jazz, Pop... and lots of acesseories with T-shirts.....I finally bought 4 CDs plus 13 LP records. No chance to listen the LP record at my Brisbane apartement but CDs are tested immediately right after the lunch - all mint condition! Great value!

Highly recommended shop and will re-visit again next time.

PA Brisbane folks: Pls share info your recommended CD / LP shops info., and Hifi shops (provide audition rooms).

Cheers,

Fatgen

[/b]

I've been to this shop a few times, have always enjoyed shopping there :)

If you're looking for a place with audition room, I'm located in West End.

Hi Coemaudio (john)

Thanks for the arrangment of your tube gear products audition.

I assume that mono block power-amp would come with much better performance in 1-2 mths run-in time, plus re-arrange the position of settings. Let's try it again soon (2007 I suppose)

Cheers, Fatgen

Hi Coemaudio (john)

Thanks for the arrangment of your tube gear products audition.

I assume that mono block power-amp would come with much better performance in 1-2 mths run-in time, plus re-arrange the position of settings. Let's try it again soon (2007 I suppose)

Cheers, Fatgen

[/b]

No problem mate :)