SOLD: F.S: Celestion A3 Speakers.

dammit i was just up at sydney the other day picking up a bose amp i could have grabbed them i take it you cant ship or meetup?

would really like them but im not doing that drive again lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Item: Celestion A3 Speakers

Item Condition: Excellent

Reason for selling: Need More Space

New New Reduced Price: $500 (Fixed)

Payment Method: Pickup Only - Cash or Funds Transfer

Extra Info: Bought new for $5,500 9yrs ago.

Pictures: Attached

I am reluctantly parting with these beautiful speakers. Currently use a pair of stand mounts which are easier to manage in a small listening room.

The speakers work well with both SET valve amps and solid state and have amazing dynamics, bass and soundstage. They can be bi-wired or bi-amped and are perfect for both 2 channel or home theatre set up.

Specifications:

Frequency Response 36-20 kHz + - 2db

Recommended Amplifiers 30-200W into 4 ohm

Sensitivity 90db @ 1m for 2.83 V (free space conditions)

92db (semi reverberant)

Nominal Impedance 4 ohm

Power Rating 200W – IEC 268/DIN 45573:1979

Height Depth Width 113x28x40 cm / 44.5x11x16.5â€

Weight 46kg / 101 lb

Finish: Rosewood

Magnetically shielded drive units

I'm gonna just add another "not impressed with the conduct of this seller" post as I PM'ed lollylegs and didn't get a reply (which is fine), but kept checking the posting. Sure enough, I find another forum member posts that they've, and even though the buyer can't pick them up for a bit (and I offered any day/night any time), I didn't even receive the basic courtesy of a reply.

lollylegs - if the sale falls through, I hope you'll consider selling them to a guy who's spending every day at home due to a spinal injury - me.

Hensa, I hope you'll enjoy a fantastic pair of speakers a lot, and get a better transaction than the guy did when the amp got sold.

Guest Hensa

I'm gonna just add another "not impressed with the conduct of this seller" post as I PM'ed lollylegs and didn't get a reply (which is fine), but kept checking the posting. Sure enough, I find another forum member posts that they've, and even though the buyer can't pick them up for a bit (and I offered any day/night any time), I didn't even receive the basic courtesy of a reply.

lollylegs - if the sale falls through, I hope you'll consider selling them to a guy who's spending every day at home due to a spinal injury - me.

Hensa, I hope you'll enjoy a fantastic pair of speakers a lot, and get a better transaction than the guy did when the amp got sold.

I think the rule of thumb on SNA tends to be 'first in best dressed' and I'm sorry that I beat you to it for these. I exchanged PMs with the seller last Sunday. We agreed the purchase and I advised that I'd let him know when I could pick them up after I juggled a few things around. I did then PM lollylegs on Monday to say I could pick them up this Saturday and he replied today that the following weekend would work better. So I was certainly not delaying anything with pick up which will occur next weekend. Lollylegs did say he'd not been on SNA for a few days so that may explain the delay in communication, but everything is organised and expected to go smoothly.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury, Frog.