Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

That's where we ended up buying our one.

Too damn good a deal to miss out on... whilst the PT450 has got tiny speakers, it is a start for most people, and should get many on the way towards a decent system, without rushing in to something they might regret later.

For anyone who's already got a better audio system, then you can ebay the PT450 and end up with the 70A possibly under the $2000 mark. :)

Hi there. Is this panasonic deal in the latest catalog? i got onto the dick smith website and couldn't find this deal in any of the brochures.

Will all DS powerhouses match this deal or is it just the Springwood one in QLD?

Has anyone got another store to match Dick Smith's offer of the 50" and home theatre system?

I ended up buying my package from Good Guys, who were good to their word and price matched. They even rang Dick Smith Powerhouse to confirm price of $2454, and then "bettered" the price down to $2440 (apparently they have a 'Low Price Policy' to better prices). They certainly earnt some points with me, and I'll be back to do more business with them.

Has anybody else ever come across places that use excuses for not price matching? I've had a few that use a "local competitor" clause - e.g. Myer wouldn't price match Big W, as there wasn't a Big W "in the vicinity"??

Hi there. Is this panasonic deal in the latest catalog? i got onto the dick smith website and couldn't find this deal in any of the brochures.

Will all DS powerhouses match this deal or is it just the Springwood one in QLD?

This link still works on the DSE site http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefro...ct/View/G6204HT

Edited by johnny5

I ended up buying my package from Good Guys, who were good to their word and price matched. They even rang Dick Smith Powerhouse to confirm price of $2454, and then "bettered" the price down to $2440 (apparently they have a 'Low Price Policy' to better prices). They certainly earnt some points with me, and I'll be back to do more business with them.

Has anybody else ever come across places that use excuses for not price matching? I've had a few that use a "local competitor" clause - e.g. Myer wouldn't price match Big W, as there wasn't a Big W "in the vicinity"??

How come you didn't get the package for the $2335 as listed on the DSE website?

I called HN to ask about price matching/warranty, the lady assured me they would price match competitors (I didn't mention what I wanted price matched), I took down her name and am heading their tomorrow. Since the package is 2335 i wonder how much the TV will be classified as to calculate the 10% for 4 years extra warranty?

Lucky HN is close to Dick Smith powerhouse, so they shouldn't give me that excuse!

How come you didn't get the package for the $2335 as listed on the DSE website?

I called HN to ask about price matching/warranty, the lady assured me they would price match competitors (I didn't mention what I wanted price matched), I took down her name and am heading their tomorrow. Since the package is 2335 i wonder how much the TV will be classified as to calculate the 10% for 4 years extra warranty?

Lucky HN is close to Dick Smith powerhouse, so they shouldn't give me that excuse!

hey guys posted earlier.

bought the px 70a, + sc pt 550-- home theatre- higher model with 2 tall speakers and 3 small ones/ from DJs sydney city on 2 yrs 1/3 deposit interest free for 2385 including delivery.

I spoke to matt, and u can contact him on 92665852..

he was very good.

tv delivered today== is amazing.

now i need a cabinet.

I orderd the TH-50PX70A and PT450 package from DS Powerhouse at Highpoint, the first Salesman I spoke knew nothing of it but he went and asked and they were able to bring it up on their Point of Sale PC. So I am guessing it is all Powerhouses. I have to wait on the PT450 as they have no stock but will pickup the TV hopefully tomorrow (i underestimated the size of the box..lol)

Anyway thanks guys, I am really happy with the price and wouldn't of found it without the forum

Edited by Brad74

Hi

I am picking up the 42" 1080p TH-42PZ700A for $2700.00. I was originally going to buy the TH-50PX70A for the same price. I am also getting the DMR-EX77 160GB recorder, all from HN.

I am sitting 3.30 metres from the screen, so thought the smaller screen would be better but I am still a bit unsure.

Also I have a question regarding the upscaling from this recorder to a full HD panel, is anyone using these components together and what are the results. I would imagine that the Viera link would provide a good picture.

cheers

man.. i thought that price was great for a 42" PX70A...

i just got an email back from the same place..

they've got the 50" PX70A for a crazy $1999 .................aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

and i'm not in QLD!!!! aaaaahhhhhhh

Has anyone managed to buy a 50"PX70 for $1999 from Retravision (or anywhere else) yet as indicated above?

Has anyone managed to buy a 50"PX70 for $1999 from Retravision (or anywhere else) yet as indicated above?

Since as reported on a previous post the RRP has dropped to $2799 and I swear earlier in the week it was $3299, I would assume that you should be able to get that price as soon as Retailers start passing on the reduction. Currently the average advertised price is around $2800 (JB hifi, retravision and Goodguys all had that price Yesterday when I checked) so the new average advertised price in theory should be around $2300 (though without knowing if the buy price has also dropped by $500 its just theory). It seems as though DSE have got a head start on the new pricing with their new package, having said that though I tried to get the TV only to $2000 and couldn't get close. But I would say the getting this 50" for around $2000 in the near future is a good possibility.

Since as reported on a previous post the RRP has dropped to $2799 and I swear earlier in the week it was $3299, I would assume that you should be able to get that price as soon as Retailers start passing on the reduction. Currently the average advertised price is around $2800 (JB hifi, retravision and Goodguys all had that price Yesterday when I checked) so the new average advertised price in theory should be around $2300 (though without knowing if the buy price has also dropped by $500 its just theory). It seems as though DSE have got a head start on the new pricing with their new package, having said that though I tried to get the TV only to $2000 and couldn't get close. But I would say the getting this 50" for around $2000 in the near future is a good possibility.

Yes it was 3299 only a few days ago, amazing drop. That's why I refused to buy the PX70 before christmas I knew it had to come down.

It dropped only a bit when PX starts comming from china after earlier 2 mths stock came from japan finsihes, then dropped to 3299 like 1 month ago. Which I still think its not a good buy because I knew this model will come down even more.

Edited by byt

I just ordered the 50"PX70A this morning for $2395.00 from webprice.com.au....

...and Paul has just rang through and said the price has just dropped to

$2195.00!!! (And he'll pass on the saving!)

Am certainly very happy to get a TV of this quality for $2195.00!!

Was only last year I saw these same ones going in Powerhouse etc for the $3200 mark...and had thought that was a good price!

I guess you could get it cheaper somewhere..but part of me is very happy to support a store like webprice where they will look after you!

Edited by Mavoz

Speaking of China, I note that the latest 42" HD (PX70?) is now made in China rather than Japan, as the early ones (and the PX60 predecessor) were. Explains why it's dropped $500+ since release (a 42" PX70 is available at JB for $1500 - $50 less than I paid for my SD PX60).

Speaking of China, I note that the latest 42" HD (PX70?) is now made in China rather than Japan, as the early ones (and the PX60 predecessor) were. Explains why it's dropped $500+ since release (a 42" PX70 is available at JB for $1500 - $50 less than I paid for my SD PX60).

Yes , but 50" pana only dropped their rrp by $200 dollars when the new stock from china came in many months back.

Then by another $400(just 1+month ago) and now by another $500 (after only 1 month).

Its like they are waiting for thier china factory to recoup their set up cost 1st. LOL!

Edited by byt

I went to HN Erina today, ask them the best price in cash for the 50PX70a (ticketed price was $2999) with the home theatre system and warranty, $3000. Mentioned powerhouse's deal, she went away, came back and said HN would match it.

On the invoice: TV is listed as $2000 so for an extra 4 years warranty it cost me $200, the home theatre is listed as $330.

Edit:Will the home theatre system come with a HDMI cable?

Edited by Randyoo

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section, but I am looking at getting a Panasonic plasma.

I was looking at the 42PZ700A as it has the Full-HD, but it seems that are lot of you are opting for the version down from that. I was wondering if it is "worth" it to pay the extra money for the 1080p or will the 42PX70A (or even the 50" now with the price drop) be fine? What are the reasons for going for the TV without the 1080p? Sorry I have no clue when it comes to these things :)

Thanks!

I went to HN Erina today, ask them the best price in cash for the 50PX70a (ticketed price was $2999) with the home theatre system and warranty, $3000. Mentioned powerhouse's deal, she went away, came back and said HN would match it.

On the invoice: TV is listed as $2000 so for an extra 4 years warranty it cost me $200, the home theatre is listed as $330.

Edit:Will the home theatre system come with a HDMI cable?

I've just come back from HN Corio after showing them the DSE deal ($2335) and they also said they would match it but I'm off to the Good Guys to see if they will better it.

No HDMI cable included so I asked and the answer was a flat no.