Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

"The 42-inch TH-42P70A and 50-inch TH-50PX70A are both available now for RRP $2749 and RRP $3849 respectively. A high-end 50-inch Viera plasma will be released in July featuring a silver cabinet, front HDMI input and SDHC card slot. Pricing has not been confirmed. Panasonic will also release a 42-inch event model for a limited time during the third quarter."

I assume an 'event' model is tied to the rugby world cup ? so does that mean 42PZ I wonder.........

Guest Reiko24

Hi,

Would it be possible to send me a copy of your receipt please? I'm looking to pick one of these up this week. If you could email it to jillusa AT exemail.com.au I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited by Reiko24

QUOTE(bling_2k4 @ May 14 2007, 07:09 AM)

$2500 was for the panel only, no warranty

$499 for the extra 48months from Harvey Norman (salesman was happy to sell with or without extended warranty)

Delivery included in this price as well, however I couldnt wait so cleared out the van and managed to pick it up myself.

This price was for a brand new, not display model, TH50PX600A.

Picked it up at Castle Hill HN, believe it was their last one too, other than display model

Can i also get a copy of this receipt please bling_2k4 or anyone else?

Can send to snaughton69@hotmail.com

Thanks

$2750 - I'm sure I could of pushed for lower, but I didn't really have to try hard to get that price.

Hi. Would you mind sending me a receipt too please? mforsyth13 at yahoo dot com.

This looks to be the lowest price on here. Does it include a 5 yr warantee?

Thanks

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the 50PX600A from HN Martin Place (Sydney) for $3200 including delivery and 5 year warranty. This probably isn't the best price you can get, but I was scared that they would all run out. I went all over Sydney yesterday and they had either all run out or couldn't come close to matching the price from HN. I bought the last brand new one, only one they have left now is the display model.

I told the guy about this forum and explained that people were getting this plasma for less than $3000, but he wouldn't budge. He said that there was plenty of interest in this plasma given they were running out and that it is definitely the best for this price range (ie better than LG or Samsung). I'm pretty happy - can't wait till it's delivered!!!

So my advice to people waiting around to get a better price - don't wait and BUY IT NOW!!!! Otherwise, they'll all be gone.

ps if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where I might be able to download the manual, that would be most appreciated. Wanna get a head start on the settings.

why will they run out of 600A's? Have they stopped producing them?

I still see 60A's in the shops.

I'd imagine so. I mean, in the US and UK 700 models are available and they're slowly filtering into AU.

I'd imagine so. I mean, in the US and UK 700 models are available and they're slowly filtering into AU.

as I said mate, I went to about 5 stores yesterday and only a couple of them have stock left and no one had more than 2 in the box (and I don't want a display model). I probably could have got a better price but I didn't want to miss the boat.

at about 3K, this is definitely the best deal as the only other ones in that price range are the LG and Samsung, and Panas are the better panels.